Show us yer film shots then!

A walk up to Carn Galver, pt 1

lcfghC.jpg

h8m5Jw.jpg

EIiKqC.jpg

GnNkzx.jpg

Pentax 645n, Pentax 45-/8 f4, HP5 & FP4, DDX.

I would rather live in the derelict factory than th other monstrosity! Great shot contrasting before and after.

Thanks Peter.

The modern building is office space rather than residential I believe. I actually don't mind this one as modern buildings go. The portholes and striped patterns give some interest to what would otherwise be an undistinguished angular block and I like how it breaks up the skyline from this position.

Finishing off my roll of Maco TS Eagle surveillance camera film. Ubiquitous selfie.

I've had a rough couple of weeks :)

EOS-1v, 40mm f/2.8 in Diafine.

2021-06-05-maco-eos1v-27.jpg

Carn Galvar pt 2

PB1lTt.jpg

6s2ZoK.jpg

rfyeyS.jpg

CDyLQ6.jpg

1F1enc.jpg

The distant 'castle in the sea' can just be made out in the last one.

Pentax 645n, Pentax 45-85 f4 Yellow Filter, FP4 Plus, DDX, Coolscan 9000.

A nice set of images. I really do like the 45-85mm and find this to be my main lens now rather than the 45mm.

I haven't been motivated to do much photography in the last few weeks but this weekend I managed to get out twice and shoot two rolls of infrared, which should help to kick-start my interest.

Yashicamat 124G and Rollei IR400 with a Hoya R72 filter, developed in HC110 Dilution B:

Bolam Lake infrared
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

A big thank you to @FishyFish who kindly sent me a Canon Sure Shot Supreme to have a go with. It was a little bit quirky, but I'm impressed with the image quality(much better than the Olympus XA2/3).
A few images from my test roll....film was Delta 400 and developed in Euro HC dilution B.

Those are very nice Lee, the bottom one of the metal gate in particular.(y)

Interesting...never used it. What's the shelf life compared to Tetenol do you know?.
I wouldn't know but I have had this kit for a couple of years at least. I mix up 500ml at a time and make a fresh batch 2 or 3 times a year regardless of how many films have been through it. TBH I think it is coming to the end of its life and keep thinking I should get a fresh kit but its only about half used so getting rid goes against the grain :)

Just thought I'd share some of my first roll of Superia in my new to me G1, I'm pleased with how they've come out, to be honest. Still getting used to the camera a little bit but I'm feeling more and more confident in it's AF which is something that a lot of people seem to have issues with. Shots of a 4-year-old playing are tricky at the best of times, but it seems to have done okay so far. The first one of my daughter isn't critically sharp but was more of my technique than a failing of the camera as we were on a moving seesaw trying to shoot wide open :LOL: I still love it though!

Beach by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr
Flowers by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr
Gliding by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr
The Park by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr
Playtime by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr
I really like those, specially the last one, but I was a bit surprised at the "busy" bokeh in a couple. Someone will probably tell me that it's sought-after "bubble" bokeh!

I wouldn't know but I have had this kit for a couple of years at least. I mix up 500ml at a time and make a fresh batch 2 or 3 times a year regardless of how many films have been through it. TBH I think it is coming to the end of its life and keep thinking I should get a fresh kit but its only about half used so getting rid goes against the grain :)
The bleach and fix last much longer than the developer so you may be able to get away with just getting fresh developer

I really like those, specially the last one, but I was a bit surprised at the "busy" bokeh in a couple. Someone will probably tell me that it's sought-after "bubble" bokeh!

Well you’re correct in noticing it! Before I bought it I read through some reviews and bokeh is the area that may be polarising for this lens for some people. It’s not the creamy out of focus that seems to be popular and is a little more harsh; I’d read one review that this helped with the supposedly 3D rendering of the Zeiss lenses. I’m taking that last comment with a pinch of salt as I’m assuming it was speculation but perhaps there is something to it as I think they all have fairly simple aperture mechanisms. I’m not a lens engineer so I’ll just shoot it because I like it :D

The bleach and fix last much longer than the developer so you may be able to get away with just getting fresh developer
I'm fairly sure there are bits in some of the chems and the stabilizer/wash isn't really cutting it anymore as can be seen from the above. I guess I could wash more in normal rinse aid which may help.

Olympus XA3
Ilford HP5+
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 9mins @ 20°

Construction against the clouds
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I really like this one, I think the crane makes it for me :D

Are you shooting the HP5 at box speed for these ones? I’ve been doing some very initial research into different developers etc and a lot of people have said that DD-X gives quite fine results but you’ve managed some fantastic grain and contrast in your shots which I love! I was wondering if you’d done anything different or whether I’m confused in some manner :LOL:

Back