Show us yer film shots then!

I really like this one, I think the crane makes it for me :D

Are you shooting the HP5 at box speed for these ones? I’ve been doing some very initial research into different developers etc and a lot of people have said that DD-X gives quite fine results but you’ve managed some fantastic grain and contrast in your shots which I love! I was wondering if you’d done anything different or whether I’m confused in some manner :LOL:

Thanks Andy.

A lot of the contrast is added as part of my post-processing in Lightroom. The grain is probably a mixture of the scanning stage settings, any post processing, and my amateurish developing skills. :)

Thanks Andy.

A lot of the contrast is added as part of my post-processing in Lightroom. The grain is probably a mixture of the scanning stage settings, any post processing, and my amateurish developing skills. :)

Whatever you're doing, it's working :) I was hoping to get out tomorrow with a couple of my first rolls of HP5 hence the question :D

Had another go with the Canon Sure Shot Supreme...

I used quite out of date HP5(dated 1995). Developed in Euro HC...dilution H for 11 minutes.

Some good results there! I used to have an AF35MII but just couldn’t get anything good out of it, a bad workman blames his tools though so I’ll take the blame :D Your shots are making me think I should have kept it but sadly it went in a cull a few years ago when the collection was out of hand:facepalm:

Some good results there! I used to have an AF35MII but just couldn’t get anything good out of it, a bad workman blames his tools though so I’ll take the blame :D Your shots are making me think I should have kept it but sadly it went in a cull a few years ago when the collection was out of hand:facepalm:
Thanks...
I'd be a bit disappointed if I couldn't get anything semi decent-ish out of this camera. After all other than pressing the shutter button you just switch it on or off that's it.. :LOL:

As previously mentioned I think my Fuji X-Press dev is at the end of its life so I took a punt on the Bellini kit from Nik and Trick, its quick and seems to work
Bronica ETRS, Kodak Ektar

Arnside11 by Chris H, on Flickr

Arnside7 by Chris H, on Flickr

Arnside4 by Chris H, on Flickr

Arnside5 by Chris H, on Flickr

The long suffering Mrs H (with forum compressed blurriness) on Cinestill Double-X with the Pentax 645n and the 150mm f/2.8. Verdict: It's a really nice film but not worth the price hike over Tri-X, Delta100 or HP5. I shoot a fair bit of Double-X that I hand roll myself so the cost puts it back into the range of normal films, but £12.50 a roll is too rich for my blood at 120.

2021-06-06-bwxx-p645-03.jpg

A cold, wet day in Staithes.

Ross Ensign 16-20 on Fuji 400pro H and converted because it looked better/bleaker ;)

Staithes 6 by Andy, on Flickr

My Camera Club /Flickr Mate RAY took ne out on a couple of trips -- I wanted to finish a 1998 dated Fuji Reala 100 rated 50 ASA kin my Rolleiflex T with 75mm f3.5 Zeiss Tessar.
St Lawrence Church Blackmore
Blackmore Church 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Blackmore Church 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Belhus Country Park
Belhus Country Park 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Belhus Country Park 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Belhus Country Park 03 NO Polariser by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Belhus Country Park 04 WITH Polariser by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Photos are not 'Square' as I used the 16-on Kit -- you may see where I held a POLARISER over the taking lens--

I really like this one, everything about it :)

Thanks it was a bit of a struggle TBH the camera was playing up not firing and not exposing correctly (3 useable shots from a roll all metered the same). I have looked at the camera and determined that it was loose battery cover (I hope) I'll now need to put a test film (slide) through it before I use it for anything inportant.

Thanks it was a bit of a struggle TBH the camera was playing up not firing and not exposing correctly (3 useable shots from a roll all metered the same). I have looked at the camera and determined that it was loose battery cover (I hope) I'll now need to put a test film (slide) through it before I use it for anything inportant.
I have that problem with my SQ AI . I had to buy the auto winder for it… works perfectly now.

I have that problem with my SQ AI . I had to buy the auto winder for it… works perfectly now.

I think I've sorted it by fixing my Arca plate to the bottom in line with the lens so it keeps the whole cover closed. I'll run a test slide film through it over the weekend to see if it has worked. Fingers crossed.

I think I've sorted it by fixing my Arca plate to the bottom in line with the lens so it keeps the whole cover closed. I'll run a test slide film through it over the weekend to see if it has worked. Fingers crossed.
Hopefully it’ll work.
I tried that, but once it started ‘playing up’ it intermittently continued… very frustrating.

Back