Show us yer film shots then!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Very good photograph, lovely detail.

A bit of light leakage on this one (because the film was loose on the spindle when I took it out of the camera). Also, because it was quite dark in the location I took the shot I had to use a wide aperture, so the duckes are not as sharp as I'd have liked. Apart from that it's a banger! :LOL:

Fujica GW690
Fujichrome Provia 400 (expired 2014)

Ducks at Low Bradfield by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Last edited:
A few black and whites from my recent trip to the Smallwood Vintage Rally. Taken with a 1950s Ensign Selfix 16/20 with Ross Xpres lens (a lovely sharp little camera) on Ilford XP2 Super 400 film.

52127598668_9c2022ff14_b.jpg

52127598703_5d36905785_b.jpg

52128067840_5ea09ccdcb_c.jpg

52127598763_7e6c276d35_b.jpg

52127598778_49399770f2_b.jpg

Last edited:
A few colour shots from the same event with a Canon AV1 that was given to me by a forum member, with Canon FD 35-70 f/4 lens on Kodak Gold 200.

52126589162_0902f91514_b.jpg

52128108770_551326c440_b.jpg

52127613671_f5c2525a56_b.jpg

52127854299_af310b0d09_b.jpg

And my favourite shot of the day. Fighter's Moon. Another shot from the flypast by that beautiful Hawker Hurricane in all black night-fighter colours.

52128108850_ba42053752_b.jpg

A few older pics from Yorkshire sculpture park

img831 by Allan Howe, on Flickr

img839 by Allan Howe, on Flickr

img860 by Allan Howe, on Flickr
That rabbit freaked me out when I saw it…… if it’s the same one , I’m talking 2010 ish or maybe even earlier than that.

I seem to recall the ‘masked men’ too .

They do tend to exhibit some ‘strange’ pieces there!

A few from the Smallwood meet-up with @Mr Badger

'Transatlantic' Hurricane by D M Bloor, on Flickr

Hurricane by D M Bloor, on Flickr

Ready for action by D M Bloor, on Flickr

Ideal when muck spreading by D M Bloor, on Flickr

Running the roundabouts by D M Bloor, on Flickr

Quite a lot of variation in grain, colour quality and artifacts on these Kodacolor 200 shots, probably down to using chems that were near last legs also a rough spot on the presure plate of the EOS 50E

Next for some 'different' style - another post

Very nice.

I wish I could get my Pentax ES working. Do you know anyone?
Have you asked Peter Emanuel of Asahi Photo (AKA Pentax Camera Repairs) service@asahiphoto.co.uk. He's just dispatched my LX and MX back to me. Claims the metering on my LX is now better than on his!

I have heard that the Electro Spotmatic and ES had slightly fragile electronics, and got a comment on twitter. In this tweet:

View: https://BANNED/BustertheLegend/status/1534470873901588481

Gav Gordon is referring to the Pentax ES and Electro Spotmatic, so you could try contacting him. However I suspect his repairers are in the US.

According to https://www.pentaxforums.com/camerareviews/pentax-es.html it was the Electro that had serious electronics issues and they were mostly sorted by the ES. If it was effectively a reliable Electro, it could be an excellent camera. All my New Zealand, Tasmania and Northern Territory Kodachromes were photoed with the Electro and there were very few exposure issues!

Have you asked Peter Emanuel of Asahi Photo (AKA Pentax Camera Repairs) service@asahiphoto.co.uk. He's just dispatched my LX and MX back to me. Claims the metering on my LX is now better than on his!

I have heard that the Electro Spotmatic and ES had slightly fragile electronics, and got a comment on twitter. In this tweet:

View: https://BANNED/BustertheLegend/status/1534470873901588481

Gav Gordon is referring to the Pentax ES and Electro Spotmatic, so you could try contacting him. However I suspect his repairers are in the US.

According to https://www.pentaxforums.com/camerareviews/pentax-es.html it was the Electro that had serious electronics issues and they were mostly sorted by the ES. If it was effectively a reliable Electro, it could be an excellent camera. All my New Zealand, Tasmania and Northern Territory Kodachromes were photoed with the Electro and there were very few exposure issues!

Thanks for this, very kind.

I think that I spoke to Pentax Camera Repairs a while back, and they didn't do the ES/ES11. My issue is partially electronic, a single tiny wire that needs to be resoldered to the circuit board, but I suspect the rest of it is down to a thorough service - it has the sticking mirror issue, but having had some initial success by using the methods set out in a couple of youtube vids, it has evolved to a degree that defies my attempts to free it.

The camera has emotional value - it was my first camera, gifted to me in the 1970s by my late grandfather, and I'd love to get it working again.

Back