Show us your Nikons

no nearby anglers you could rent a landing net from ?

There's nobody around there it like a ghost town and the water near the lock gates is around 15ft deep so there's not much chance of getting it back and I recon it will be well F**** now :shake:

There's nobody around there it like a ghost town and the water near the lock gates is around 15ft deep so there's not much chance of getting it back and I recon it will be well F**** now :shake:

:( If it was in front of the lock sluices, the camera could be anywhere by now - only way to have a chance would have been straight away I reckon. :thumbsdown:

:eek:

Could have been worse - could have been that new F5...

What realy p**** me of pal is that my favrite lens was on it at the time..
Nikon 85 mm - F/1.8

You certain you hadn't been in here first?

TheFatCat.jpg

I had a bad day yesterday..I foolishly slipped crossing the lock gates at Sheffield canal and now my F3 is at the bottom of the canal Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Fortunately I managed to hold onto my bag and its contents................

If you can fish it out I am sure it will be fine after a stint in your tumble drier... :D

They are very well built... :LOL:

:p

If you can fish it out I am sure it will be fine after a stint in your tumble drier... :D

They are very well built... :LOL:

it probably sunk in 2 foot of mud by now and nothing but a miracle would save it from that

it probably sunk in 2 foot of mud by now and nothing but a miracle would save it from that

Seriously though... that is some real ***** fortune m8... :eek: ...a bloody good camera AND a half decent lens in one go gone... :shrug:

I can't begin to imagine how your heart wanted to join that pairing at the bottom of the mud... :cautious:

Seriously though... that is some real ***** fortune m8... :eek: ...a bloody good camera AND a half decent lens in one go gone... :shrug:

I can't begin to imagine how your heart wanted to join that pairing at the bottom of the mud... :cautious:

I was well p**** of but just glad I had managed to grab my bag in time as it had my other camera in there along with all my gear

I had a bad day yesterday..I foolishly slipped crossing the lock gates at Sheffield canal and now my F3 is at the bottom of the canal Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Fortunately I managed to hold onto my bag and its contents................

erm trying to work out how that could happen...so you slipped and the strap broke when the camera was around your neck? or you slipped and the camera bag was unzipped and the camera fell out? oh give up.

Man, thats terrible news. Cr*ppy thing to happen.

Andy

Well I cheered myself up a bit today after my los..just picked a Nikon F801 up with Nikon 35-70mm in a junk shop for £30

Nice, good price as well. Why don't my local junk/charity shops ever have anything decent in them?

Andy

Nice, good price as well. Why don't my local junk/charity shops ever have anything decent in them?

Andy

Mine don't usually...it was at the back of the counter..when I asked if it was for sale they said it was broke as the shutter did not fire (on the F801 the shutter wont fire unless there's a film in LOL) so I took a gamble as I fancied the lens...I must have fell lucky for a change as it worked right away once I put a test film in it :LOL:

Can't argue with that as a bit of a bargain m8... (y) ...sometimes it does pay to know you onions... :D

yes there's some bargains to be had ...especially at car boots
NikonF801.jpg

Been messing with the Flea Bay again... :wacky:

4646792993_25ebedf702_o.jpg

Latest deal from the flea bay - FM2n up as a near minty FM2 Body only sale... :banana:

No body cap (or lens instead) this time but the seller did chuck in a Nikon UV plus two Hoya - UV & Polarizer - filters !

Edited with Photogene... :D

And from my 3G S... ;)

Well I think I am going to have a look around for a standard F4..its still my favorite camera...

while all you chaps are swapping, buying, throwing cameras away..:LOL:..

I'm looking for a lens for the F3 in the "Wanted"...............:wave:

4651074780_a365b8c11c.jpg

The ever so slowly growing Nikon collection, not including the D90 which I used to take the photograph :D

4650455023_3aee180d8c.jpg

My first Nikon, bought in 1989 with my student grant. I still have all the boxes, the 2 Sigma zoom lenses and the paperwork and it still works very well.

4650453633_d71e4c97f1.jpg

It's tatty, it weighs more than the average house-brick, it eats batteries but it's one hell of a camera.

4650451969_6950f41f36.jpg

An impulse ebay purchase, sure it's a bit rough around the edges but it came with the original manual and it works just fine and cost less than a round of drinks.

4651068350_f33cd04831.jpg

MHO, the most useable of the MF Nikons, again it's well worn but I don't buy them to sit on display, I buy them to use and this one's great to use.

4650448947_e43e2cc639.jpg

Probably my favorite of the Nikon F series, it's a bit brassy and has seen a lot of use but I just love the sound the shutter makes, it's pure class.

:nikon::nikon:

Sorry, couldn't get them all on one post, so here's the rest :)

4651065280_a9439c78a7.jpg

Another ebay buy, I actually only bought it for a lens that came with it but it's good to have the black version as well.

4651063592_ab709e9d44.jpg

My most prized Nikon, it was my Dad's and had sat in a cupboard for years. It still takes great shots and despite its weight I lugged it all round Cuba last year, somehow it just seemed right that all those great old classic American cars should have their photo taken with a classic camera.

:nikon:

Fine collection you have there ...I think the F4 was there best film camera by far...I am looking out for a standard version without the battery pack at the moment to replace my F3 I accidentally lost LOL

Fine collection you have there ...I think the F4 was there best film camera by far...I am looking out for a standard version without the battery pack at the moment to replace my F3 I accidentally lost LOL

It's a great camera, I'm on the look out for the standard grip for my F4 but they seem to go for silly money.

Nick... a very nice [well used - well loved !] collection

just ordered original synch socket plug from this guy...."link".....cheap..(y)

also just got an SB-12 original manual - will send you a photocopy.. john

It's a great camera, I'm on the look out for the standard grip for my F4 but they seem to go for silly money.

I agree I have one here ,,but I like them better with the standard grip...Much less bulk to carry around

Nick... a very nice [well used - well loved !] collection

also just got an SB-12 original manual - will send you a photocopy.. john

Thanks John, much appreciated (y)

I agree I have one here ,,but I like them better with the standard grip...Much less bulk to carry around

I'll find one someday, but I can't bring myself to spend too much, although I think I would use the F4 more if I had one.

Hahaha your getting as bad as me...I need to get rid of some as I no I will never use them...

Well Barry I'm still looking for an F501 so if you ever decide to sell give me a nudge. (y) I may be interested at the right price.

Andy

Well Barry I'm still looking for an F501 so if you ever decide to sell give me a nudge. (y) I may be interested at the right price.

Andy

I will give you the fist shout pal..I have got too many cameras and I want another F4 hehehe and maybe a Olympus OM 4TI and a canon A1&T90 the list goes on

well here we go ...heres my F4s
DSC_0221.jpg

jeez.............that was quick.......and very nice too

see it has a 35-70mm "AF" ....let me know what you think of it ?

is it the version with the "window" in the top ?

Back