Show us your Nikons

Well the postmans been busy again here
NikonF501.jpg

very nice :D.......does your wife and children know where all their inheritance money is going..?...:LOL:

what money..I spend it faster than I can earn it LOL...
I only got the tamron as I needed a mount for my other lens as I have a 70-210mm compact zoom already..I will probably end up putting that one up for sale as I dont need 2 :bonk:

Nikonf301.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts. Looking at a FG20 at the mo, as they appear slightly cheaper then the F3 and Fm2, and this will be a first for me. With regards to lenses have a 28mm tamron plus adapter and a 50mm AF D both of which I use on my D90. I take it these will both be OK?

Hi Nick..I tried a few lenses on the FG-20 and it apeares to meter fine with new and older lenses..as long as they have the aperture ring on them :)

just found this pic...I never realised how complex such a small camera was
F3HP_1024x768.jpg

And the motordrive
MD4_1024x768.jpg

Some great cameras in this thread a mint f3 and an f4 setup to die for.
Sorry I sold my f4s a few years ago, now i see they are around £250 s/h , thats an awful lot of camera,it rattles off a 36 roll in a few seconds !
I also owned an f3 some time ago , beautiful machine.

Nice to see that there are still some of these cameras around in great condition with loving owners who still use them.

I wonder if there are any f-801/f-801s owners here ?
A much under rated camera, i had one of these too, loved using it,but again sold it :bang: the fore runner the f90 series,
I bet the f-801 cameras could be had for cheap money now.

Well the postmans been busy again here
NikonF501.jpg

Hi Barry, I have the F301, which I love, but how does the F501 compare? Is it just the autofocus which is extra or is there more. The reason I ask is that I really like the ergonomics and style of both these cameras but I'd like to have one which can AF as well.

Cheers

Andy

Here's my Nikon F90. Its in lovely nick and I took it out in the week and ran a roll of colour through it which have turned out ok. But, I'm not sure I like it. Its very plasticky and although its built like a tank it feels horrible and shiny and cheap somehow, I much prefer my Nikon f301 and the Oly OM-10. I may sell it and buy an F501 instead......

Cheers

Andy

Hi Barry, I have the F301, which I love, but how does the F501 compare? Is it just the autofocus which is extra or is there more. The reason I ask is that I really like the ergonomics and style of both these cameras but I'd like to have one which can AF as well.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy there the same apart from 2 things I can see..Firstly the obvious AF and secondly theres an extra program on the control setting dial...

Thanks Barry, as I said above I really like the look of both 301 and 501 much better than the f90 so I might trade the f90 for an f501.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Barry, as I said above I really like the look of both 301 and 501 much better than the f90 so I might trade the f90 for an f501.

Cheers

Andy

I have been fancying a F90 myself buy haven't had the opportunity to have a close look at one yet :shrug:

If you want I can send you mine to have a play with. The only thing I can see wrong with it is a small scratch/mark in the viewfinder but it doesn't impact on the images.
Let me know if you want a go and we'll sort it out.

Andy

If you want I can send you mine to have a play with. The only thing I can see wrong with it is a small scratch/mark in the viewfinder but it doesn't impact on the images.
Let me know if you want a go and we'll sort it out.

Andy

That's verry good of you Andy (y)

No worries mate, I've got way too many cameras to use anyway so I won't miss one for a couple of weeks. :LOL:

PM me your address and I'll fling it over next week.

Andy

well here's mine - I thought the Canon A1 was solid - this is built like the proverbial......
excellent condition - just changing the focus screen (from paul [tuttonp])
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

this is some weird flash - need a manual.......:thinking:

but worth a £15 bid on eBay......:shrug:
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Some great cameras in this thread a mint f3 and an f4 setup to die for.
Sorry I sold my f4s a few years ago, now i see they are around £250 s/h , thats an awful lot of camera,it rattles off a 36 roll in a few seconds !
I also owned an f3 some time ago , beautiful machine.

Nice to see that there are still some of these cameras around in great condition with loving owners who still use them.

I wonder if there are any f-801/f-801s owners here ?
A much under rated camera, i had one of these too, loved using it,but again sold it :bang: the fore runner the f90 series,
I bet the f-801 cameras could be had for cheap money now.

I've still got mine, complete with all boxes and manuals, bought new by me in 1989, I spent all my student grant on it and an Amstrad 512 computer, pre Windows! The Amstrad died a long time ago but the 801 still is going strong.

I'll dig it out soon and do some shots of it and my other (rather battered) Nikon collection.

No worries mate, I've got way too many cameras to use anyway so I won't miss one for a couple of weeks. :LOL:

PM me your address and I'll fling it over next week.

Andy

Thanks Andy I had better not sort anything out just yet as I may have to stay in hospital for a while and there will be nobody around to receive it :bang:

OK mate, hope its nothing serious.

Cheers

Andy

OK mate, hope its nothing serious.

Cheers

Andy

Lets hope things go well pal..I am hoping to go Pike fishing this week now the weathere is picking up at last

WHY... :cautious: ... > > >

4623357283_f382d9f3b5_o.jpg

THAT's WHY... :naughty:

Quickly taken with my 3G S this morning immediately after I opened the box...

Imagine my surprises...

Bought in 'body only' auction on flea bay !

Arrived as shown with:

Four rolls of old Velvia;
Original boxed focussing screen (close up one is fitted);
Hoya UV filter and...;

Seller could not find the body cap so chucked on an AF Nikkor 28mm f2.8 instead... :eek: ...WIN !?!

Not tried or tested yet, straight out of the box and looking quite a bit dusty/dirty as opposed to the "clean and tidy" condition advertised but should clean up ok... :))

PS ... anyone want to buy a 28mm f2.8 AF Nikkor... :-D

:p

I could be tempted, dependent on price and you posting it up in the 'for sale' section of course ;)

definitely interested in the lens...looks like you got a bargain with the camera...it just shows there still some good deals to be had on there ?

I could be tempted, dependent on price and you posting it up in the 'for sale' section of course ;)

But of course... :D ...I am familiar with the dictator's requirements... :rules:

definitely interested in the lens...looks like you got a bargain with the camera...it just shows there still some good deals to be had on there ?

Depends on what you call a good deal... :shrug: ...the overall package in this particular case turned out quite well and is certainly better than expected... :D ...but the demand is greater than ever for fillum gear imhgo... :eek:

...but the demand is greater than ever for fillum gear imhgo...

well, never a speck of interest in my Canon A1 - so it's eBay then..:shrug:

mind you - wont include a free lens..:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I've still got mine, complete with all boxes and manuals, bought new by me in 1989, I spent all my student grant on it and an Amstrad 512 computer, pre Windows! The Amstrad died a long time ago but the 801 still is going strong.

I'll dig it out soon and do some shots of it and my other (rather battered) Nikon collection.

Hi Raglansurf,
You should put up some pics of your f-801, especially if it is a boxed one.
No f-801 pictures put up on this thread as yet.
As i said, I loved using mine and i really regret selling it.
The camera was streets ahead of its time bristling with new technology later used in the f90 series.In some respects i suppose it was an f90 experimental at a hobbyist price point.
And if like me you were lucky enough to own an sb-24 with it, the latest cutting edge world of flash photography was at your disposal.
Together the camera and flash were an awsome package.
Great to hear yours outlived your amstrad.
If you want windows 3.0 (which preceeded windows 3.1 and 3.11 windows for workgroups) i have it. And 3.1 and 3.11 , also i have windows 95 on floppy disks.:LOL:

Now im inspired by this thread and the beautiful cameras shown here,Im off to ffordes or similar to get me another f-801s as they are silly money @ £59 ! An sb-24 @ £60 ish too.
The postman will be calling soon.

hi

this interests me - is that a non-Ai lens on a F mount

does it meter ok ? in manual

excuse me - new to all this, and looking for a 50mm/fast lens for my F3

There is no meter in that camera. It is a 'plain' Nikon F i.e. sunny 16 or hand held metering. The lens is a Non AI.

Regards

There is no meter in that camera. It is a 'plain' Nikon F i.e. sunny 16 or hand held metering. The lens is a Non AI.
Regards

thanks - too much to understand about early Nikkor lens.. ..:thinking:
old dog - new tricks..:LOL:

- so will play safe and search for an Ai or Ai-S for the F3

I had a bad day yesterday..I foolishly slipped crossing the lock gates at Sheffield canal and now my F3 is at the bottom of the canal Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Fortunately I managed to hold onto my bag and its contents................

I had a bad day yesterday..I foolishly slipped crossing the lock gates at Sheffield canal and now my F3 is at the bottom of the canal Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Fortunately I managed to hold onto my bag and its contents................

:eek:

Could have been worse - could have been that new F5...

Any pictures? :D:)

Back