Show us your Nikons

Have Nikon ever made a fully manual camera with spot metering..as that would be my dream camera

Have Nikon ever made a fully manual camera with spot metering

No.

I'd loved to have acquired a Leica habit, chums of mine did, the crystal meth of camera fixes, but they became investment hedges, virgin boxes of un-thumbed pension futures, rangefinder camera shaped Saga holiday vouchers.

I always liked the look of the unpopular oversized one (M5?) it was the price of lenses that killed the notion. My car costs less than a basic three lens Leica kit so it's Nikon for me.

No.

I'd loved to have acquired a Leica habit, chums of mine did, the crystal meth of camera fixes, but they became investment hedges, virgin boxes of un-thumbed pension futures, rangefinder camera shaped Saga holiday vouchers.

I always liked the look of the unpopular oversized one (M5?) it was the price of lenses that killed the notion. My car costs less than a basic three lens Leica kit so it's Nikon for me.

Its a shame a fully mechanical camera with strong build..interchangeable screens and a good spot metering system..would be an awesome camera to use

If cameras keep rising in price at the rate they have been doing over the last 18months or so...they will be out of most peoples price ranges and most will end up locked away in private collections

just picked a nice little nikon FM up on my travels...just fitting some new foam for the mirror buffer as its a bit perished...i will add some pics later :)

can you do this yourself ?? as I have been quoted £11 incl RMSD

which actually isn't too bad for Parts + Labour + p&p

but quoted £40 for full overhaul with new light seals

cheers

1. My F3 and 50mm 1.4... superb combination in minty condition,

help please - could you PM me what you think would be a reasonable price for an F3 body only, in mint condition exactly like yours

considering an offer [private friend] but no experience yet on F series

thanks

F3 bodies can go from £250 -£350 depending on minty-ness...usually the lower-end of that is more common, but expect them to start going up in the next few years...

can you do this yourself ?? as I have been quoted £11 incl RMSD

which actually isn't too bad for Parts + Labour + p&p

but quoted £40 for full overhaul with new light seals

cheers
Changing the seals and mirror foam is very straightforward. Try 'interslice' on ebay, he does replacements for just about every camera out there and sends the kit from Dallas to UK in under a week usually. It's about a tenner including mirror, back seals, hinge, tool, very comprehensive illustrated instructions and postage, cheaper if you're US.

I dunno if Nikon seals are more prone to degrading than other cameras but it's common to find mint condition bodies with the rubber in tatters so I've got used to replacing them as a matter of course.

F3 bodies can go from £250 -£350 depending on minty-ness...usually the lower-end of that is more common, but expect them to start going up in the next few years...

thanks - guess we start the haggling now......(y)

Changing the seals and mirror foam is very straightforward. Try 'interslice' on ebay, he does replacements for just about every camera out there and sends the kit from Dallas to UK in under a week usually. It's about a tenner including mirror, back seals, hinge, tool, very comprehensive illustrated instructions and postage, cheaper if you're US.

I dunno if Nikon seals are more prone to degrading than other cameras but it's common to find mint condition bodies with the rubber in tatters so I've got used to replacing them as a matter of course.

(y)

ok ffordes have an F3 @ £199 and one with a databack @ £219

dont want to rip-off a friend, but is this a realistic price from a dealer

ok ffordes have an F3 @ £199 and one with a databack @ £219

dont want to rip-off a friend, but is this a realistic price from a dealer

get them to send you a few pics..as the price is cheep and ffordes are not LOL

The one with the data back...it looks like a bargain as I have seen the data back alone sell for over a £100
ok - rushing the boat a bit - have just done about 2days research on Nikon F series - but still totally new - all started when I got a lovely little Nikkor f2 Ai...:bonk:

anyway I'm making an offer on my pals F3 ...:thinking: less than £200

can always goto ffordes later I guess
cannot find any other old Nikon camera dealer on the web who shows photos of their items for sale [ Mifsuds doesnt ]
---have dealt with ffordes b4 - excellent BTW

The one with the data back...it looks like a bargain as I have seen the data back alone sell for over a £100
ok - rushing the boat a bit - have just done about 2days research on Nikon F series - but still totally new - all started when I got a lovely little Nikkor f2 Ai...:bonk:

cannot find any other old Nikon camera dealer on the web who shows photos of their items for sale [ Mifsuds doesnt ]

you wont go far wrong with ffords great service....most the F series are built like tanks and are verry reliable

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner John but I see Rob (Arkady) has sorted you... :D ...a man who truly knows his Nikonions... :naughty:

If the F3 is truly minty and your friend accepts around £200 or even a bit more you will have got a bargain and lifelong investment... (y)

Go for it as they are truly one of the best Nikons... ever imhgo... ;)

Good luck... :D

PS... I do agree with the Ffordes comments too... :)

:p

Well thanks to Rob for his advice ......(y)
and Barry for his guidance.....(y)

I have bought a Nikon F3..........:clap:

now to wait while RMSnailMail attempts to find the farm again ....

:LOL: ... that was quick... :eek:

Congratulations... :clap: ...you will not regret it... :thinking: ...much... :naughty:

:p

... that was quick...
Congratulations... :clap: ...you will not regret it... :thinking: ...much... :naughty:...

yes- had to go for it b4 my Bank Manager called me again ...:nono:

now need to buy some of that stuff.. you know...in a can...:thinking:

Film!

yes- had to go for it b4 my Bank Manager called me again ...:nono:

now need to buy some of that stuff.. you know...in a can...:thinking:

Film!
i almost forgot what it was too..till I bought some today...i need to get myself a scanner now so I can upload some film pics

your more than welcome...lets see a few pics when it arrives :)

i almost forgot what it was too..till I bought some today...i need to get myself a scanner now so I can upload some film pics

I was given a link to these people......."link"

I asked for "Develop - No prints - onto CD"
got a quick email reply from them
"we can do that service. the final CD will have the images that you can copy onto your computer and then edit and then finally print"

Dont need to buy a high quality scanner now

I was given a link to these people......."link"

I asked for "Develop - No prints - onto CD"
got a quick email reply from them
"we can do that service. the final CD will have the images that you can copy onto your computer and then edit and then finally print"

Dont need to buy a high quality scanner now

cheers I might give them a try....

can anybody get me a link for the nikon f5 manual....I have looked all over the net with no luck

If it's where I think it is, it'll come with the camera...no promises, mind...
Involves serious attic-searching... I found the reciepts and guarantee-card though - all filled-out but never sent...lol

Involves serious attic-searching... I found the reciepts and guarantee-card though - all filled-out but never sent...lol

Sounds like my attic... About a month ago I did a deal with a mate in the pub involving swapping his old canon a-1 and 50mm lens for a few framed photo's of his entry in the local soapbox derby. Now, I KNEW I had a 28mm and 75-200 zoom to suit the A-1, left over from when I had a AE-1 that was nicked from the back of my van years and years and years ago. I found the boxes for these lenses, all carefully sealed up, with the original bills, manuals, warranty cards etc. in something like the 30th cardboard box. God only knows how many house moves they've gone through without ever being unpacked!. 3 Days later, the 28mm lens was exhumed, residing in a small holdall with a extremely old looking Camcorder (when I say it took full size VHS tapes, you get the picture!) A further 2 rainy days worth of rummaging saw me pulling the 75-200 from a box that was jam-packed full of old bits of computers, old as in Sinclair Spectrum - not as in a 486 processor :LOL:

that's great...i just need to no the custom setting menus for it..as I dont have a clue what all the symbols are for hahaha

that's great...i just need to no the custom setting menus for it..as I dont have a clue what all the symbols are for hahaha

Ahhh... That I do have here - they supplied a credit-card sized fold-out crib-guide for the camera's custom menus...laminated even...(y)

Ahhh... That I do have here - they supplied a credit-card sized fold-out crib-guide for the camera's custom menus...laminated even...(y)

That's great...the F100 has the same stupid menu for the settings ...its a great camera though

Back