Show us your Nikons

I'm still strangely attracted to an F3 even though I don't use my FM often enough. There's some nice ones on ebay at the moment, that I want to bid on but can't quite bring myself to bid for. I think I need to sell some gear on there first so I won't feel quite as guilty about buying another camera I won't use very often..........:)

I'm still strangely attracted to an F3 even though I don't use my FM often enough. There's some nice ones on ebay at the moment, that I want to bid on but can't quite bring myself to bid for. I think I need to sell some gear on there first so I won't feel quite as guilty about buying another camera I won't use very often..........:)

get one you wont regret it...I am going to let my F100 and FM go as I fancy something different and some more Tamron SP lenses

Ok, we've not had an image for a while, so I just took this quickly...

2 F-301's and an F-601. Had the 601 since 1993, and it still works faultlessly. Bought the 301's a couple of years ago, and they both seem to work although I am yet to run any film through them.

get one you wont regret it...I am going to let my F100 and FM go as I fancy something different and some more Tamron SP lenses

Barry - I'm still on a huge learning curve

been looking at AiS lens on eBay ..... worst than lenses for the D40...:(

why do you buy Tamron ?

:LOL:.. I've just fallen into the same trap.....

Bought the 301's a couple of years ago, and they both seem to work although I am yet to run any film through them.

Hang your head in shame :nono:

Barry - I'm still on a huge learning curve

been looking at AiS lens on eBay ..... worst than lenses for the D40...:(

why do you buy Tamron ?

Theres nothing wrong with the Ais lenses ..some are fantastic..I use tamron SP due to there optical qualities and solid build..There normal manual focusing lenses are OK but the SP range (super performance)are in a different league but are starting to demand high prices..
Check some revues out on there SP90 macro lens...its still regarded as one of the best macro lenses ever made and is still made in a modified updated version today

I know - I need to get some lenses to do them justice really. MF lenses are holding their money at the moment!

depends what you mean..

I just missed a mint 50mm 1.8 AiS incl Hoya filter, Original box and Instruction manual

maybe not what you wanted but it went for.........

£38 + pp....................:bang::bang:

Hi,

As I am layed up at the moment (but on Morphine so everything is cooooool)
I thought I'd give you some reading i.e. a thread about the F3:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/9739-nikon-f3-best-35mm-ever.html

I'd love to have been a lizard on a rock in the American desert when 2 wagon trains passed by complete with photographers and their kit - maybe something like this:

1st Tog - Nice wood and brass - shame about the grain through!

2nd Tog - Grain nothing - I've got THE seemore lens!

1st Tog - Really? can I see some of your work?

2nd Tog - Work? Well I'm just waiting on the right moment!

1st Tog - Yeah, me too.

2nd Tog. - You sure got a shine on yours....

Meanwhile the lizard ... ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

depends what you mean..

I just missed a mint 50mm 1.8 AiS incl Hoya filter, Original box and Instruction manual

maybe not what you wanted but it went for.........

£38 + pp....................:bang::bang:

that was a bargain..the optics and build are much better than the new Nikon 50mm lens

that was a bargain..the optics and build are much better than the new Nikon 50mm lens

bloody ex-GF phoned as the bid closed..:bonk::bonk:
some nonsense about dreaming i was in a rock-climbing fall .....:thinking:

however I wasn't REALLY sure I needed it as I have a 50mm f2 here ATM waiting for the F3 - still the box and manual were cool ...:cool: for £38 too

How utterly extraordinary...must be an American thing...what a whiny bunch of to$$ers...

LOL F3s shutter sounding like a rifle..the Americans must be mad :help:

bloody ex-GF phoned as the bid closed..:bonk::bonk:
some nonsense about dreaming i was in a rock-climbing fall .....:thinking:

however I wasn't REALLY sure I needed it as I have a 50mm f2 here ATM waiting for the F3 - still the box and manual were cool ...:cool: for £38 too
LOL...thats why shes an ex :):):)

Nikkor 35mm f2.8 AIS, complete with a Nikon L39 filter attached, just arrived purchased from the bay... :D

Looks to be minty if just a little dusty/grubby at first sight... :banana:

Means I can have both my old Nikons with their own Nikkor lenses now... (y)

:p

I wonder if Nikon with ever build a camera this well made again...
421al.jpg

F4_chassis_big.jpg

I wonder if Nikon with ever build a camera this well made again...

They do - it's called the D3...so... it's digital - but don't knock the build-quality...

I've used it in anger and I'll put it up against anything they've done in the past 40 years...

... anyone done a search on ebay for f301, buy it now, lately?

Just asking is all...

They do - it's called the D3...so... it's digital - but don't knock the build-quality...

I've used it in anger and I'll put it up against anything they've done in the past 40 years...

Is there any wonder there expensive with the sheer amount of work that goes into manufacturing and assembling all them parts

There's absolutley no description of condition on the listing, or whether they're working or not.

...and stock photos. -- but when looking did find a near mint and boxed F3 :nuts:

so - into Merchant City Cameras, Glasgow to buy film - walked out with a new Nikon...as you do...:shrug:

nothing fantastic but "mint" - not a single mark, no rubbings, no dust - Zilch!
As new....bit of price haggling with the young lady, who sorted out the original 2 manuals, added a new strap and threw in 2rolls Neopan - deal!

not a feat of Nikon engineering but its small enough to carry for casual use - ....Nikon EM with Series E 50mm 1.8

got my film too :LOL:

so - into Merchant City Cameras, Glasgow to buy film - walked out with a new Nikon...as you do...:shrug:

nothing fantastic but "mint" - not a single mark, no rubbings, no dust - Zilch!
As new....bit of price haggling with the young lady, who sorted out the original 2 manuals, added a new strap and threw in 2rolls Neopan - deal!

not a feat of Nikon engineering but its small enough to carry for casual use - ....Nikon EM with Series E 50mm 1.8

got my film too :LOL:
thats one clean looking camera

There's absolutley no description of condition on the listing, or whether they're working or not.
it says they are in full working order

it says they are in full working order

So it does... Also says they are in "Reasonable" condition. Has it said that all the time? I sent a mail to them asking....

I wonder what they're idea of reasonable is? And if that's the reason they're using stock pics.

So it does... Also says they are in "Reasonable" condition. Has it said that all the time? I sent a mail to them asking....

I wonder what they're idea of reasonable is? And if that's the reason they're using stock pics.

lets see what there reply is :LOL: if t6hey are in good condition I am interested but I wont cross my fingers

Busy lot! I was thinking about the 301 for under £5... I bought my gripped F90x from these people and it was even better than they stated, the *only* issue I could find was that the barcode sticker on the back of the film door had just started to lift on one corner - and even that was mentioned in the auction.

Arthur

I had a 301, preferred it to my 601 TBH. One of the best VFM cameras around at the moment.

Any Nikon body for film use only is a bad buy unless you have plenty of money for Nikon lenses and accessories......wtf tamron adapter to A1 is now £16-£25.

Any Nikon body for film use only is a bad buy unless you have plenty of money for Nikon lenses and accessories......wtf tamron adapter to A1 is now £16-£25.

That's a really stupid comment - any camera is a bad buy unless you can afford the lenses to go with it...:wacky:

My thought as well, not to mention the fact that any Nikon lens will go on any Nikon slr, how many other manufacturers can say that?

Back