Sigma 150-600 mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM SPORTS owners thread

apparently there for the nikon d500 but still worth doing as there may be other bits in there that haven't been published

I managed to get across to Skomer Island last Friday for my annual pilgrimage... The weather was fantastic for the most part and I'm paying dearly for not wearing a hat! :D

The first four were taken on a D7200 and the last two on a D750. Here's a few of my favourites from the day.

After a little practice, this was a result from yesterday with the lens on a Canon 5Diii.

15893-1468256033-f80318797f2f0d3bd8c8d4cad9726f53.jpg

Graham, that's a money shot there, awesome capture with the fantastic Red Arrows, great timing Sir. That would look fantastic professionally printed.........large.

Regards;
Peter

As we are on a Red Arrows theme these are from a sunny Swansea Bay at the Wales Air Show.

First outing with the Sport and the 7DMk2:

IMG_8511.JPG

IMG_8439 (1280x853).jpg

IMG_8550 (1280x853).jpg

IMG_8456 (1280x853).jpg

sorry, wrong thread :D

Last edited:
New member here and been considering whether to get this or the nikon 200-500. The only aspect that bother me about the sigma is the weight like most people considering this lens. I currently have the nikon 80-400g which is about half the weight of the sigma and i carry that with a black rapid strap screwed on the tripod mount so feels very balanced.

The shots here look amazing and I'm wondering how many of you use it hand held and do you start to get fatigued if using it for prolonged periods.

I use mine mainly handheld but have to say after 7 hours of pointing it up to the sky at RIAT a couple of weeks ago I would have had problems lifting a cup of tea :)

If I'm honest I would probably go for the Nikon 200-500mm as it's lighter and the pictures seem a touch sharper to me but Canon don't make one (yet)

I always use mine handheld... I've thought about putting it on a gimbal on occasion but haven't really had a need. If I've been using it for a whole day, my shoulders and arms certainly notice the fact that I've been carrying it around. I wouldn't say that it's unwieldy but it does get to me a bit by the end of a long day. :)

I use mine hand held for walk about wildlife togging ,but if there's any form of waiting involved I.e incoming tide ,waiting for owls ,air shows etc I then use a tripod and gimbal ,if in the car shooting out I have a variety of different beanbag types and shapes .

personally i don't have any issues hand holding this lens yes its heavy and a little cumbersome in fact i find it more comfortable to hold than my little Sigma 50-500mm suprisingly. That also includes doing nearly 9 hours at RIAT and other airshow and racing.

I consider it free PT.

Lol I'm not the strongest person in the world I just find a way that is comfortable for me

Good set Mike

Going to be putting up my mint/hardly used Sigma 150-600mm S lens/Sigma converter/dock as my partners car has given up and she's driving my car, so I fancy picking up a motorcycle scooter to fill the gap, I'll miss this lens, superb piece of quality glass.

I'll have another one at some stage.

:(

Last edited:
I might be interested in your Sigma, but looks like I don't have access to the classifieds as I'm a new member. I'm in Scotland too (which I think you are) so could make a sale easier

If its still for sale in around 50 days time then I might make you an offer!

All excellent images in this thread!!!! Keep :snaphappy:ing

Back