Sigma 150-600 mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM SPORTS owners thread

Hi Si, is it the 'S' version you have? We could maybe strike a deal/trade.....?

Hi Peter,

Mine's definitely the Sport version. I'll have bit of a consultation with the Chief of Domestic Staff and see what she thinks. I'm torn between keeping it and swapping it. I've had so many pictures that I've been happy with from it to the point that I don't even miss my old 300mm f/2.8 any more. :D

Nice pic,where was it?

We went to Whipsnade on Saturday. I have to say, one of the best zoo's I have ever been to, and we try and get there at least once a year. I was a little disappointed that the Lynx kits have grown up, as have the Cheetah cubs, but still, some wonderful animals in very good condition. I'm going to complain about the Red Panda's though, I still haven't managed a decent shot as they're always up in the tree !!! :mad:

wOw that's 'sharp' Steve.......!

I was thinking it had a bit of a halo, but looking at it again, and the original, it's just the background. This Sigma is pretty good wide open, and as long as you don't over do the sharpening of the RAW it does produce good images (PP is my weakest link - other than actually taking pictures) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This lens certainly looks stellar. I never thought I'd consider a 3rd party lens but this one certainly has my attention as a long range len. I used to have the 200-400 but was not impressed.

Last edited:
I shot the British GT at Oulton Park in Cheshire with my daughter on Monday... Here are a couple of my favourites. Both shot on the D750 although I got plenty with the D7200 as well. :)

Used most t.c,s ( canon fit) with varying results ,a lot also depend on your camera body ?? .

£686 inc. VAT on Amazon! :eek: Just ordered mine :)

I've had my eye on it all week checking the price everyday, was £710 at the start of the week, then £715 and today £686. Lowest price it's ever been according to camerapricebuster.

I've had my eye on it all week checking the price everyday, was £710 at the start of the week, then £715 and today £686. Lowest price it's ever been according to camerapricebuster.
I'm assuming that's the Contemporary model not the Sport?

Are you sure that's the 'Sport' version your looking at....?? If so, I'll buy one at that price urgently.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if the Canon 1.4 mkii extender still works on the Sport lens after the firmware update please? I've read a lot of reports that only the Sigma TC-1401 works now. I have a Canon 7D2 and having just ordered the Sport lens which is arriving tomorrow and owning a 1.4 mkii, should I sell the Canon extender and buy the Siggy?
I'd be grateful of any first hand experiences. This is my second sport lens as I foolishly sold the last one...this one will be a keeper though!

Last edited:
I was worrying for nothing, my Sport lens arrived a few minutes ago and I have AF with my Canon 1.4 mkii extender. Looking forward to getting out with it now, I really missed it when I sold my original one.

Mine does not, assume you have not updated lens firmware which appears to prevent lens working with canon tc

Mine does not, assume you have not updated lens firmware which appears to prevent lens working with canon tc
It's definitely the latest firmware as I checked it with the dock as soon as it arrived. Must be a hit and miss affair but it's working fine with my 1.4 mkii.

I've recently received the Sigma dock but never unboxed it yet, do you need to check for updates for the Sigma 150-600 sports lens via the dock....?

How does this work...?

It's definitely the latest firmware as I checked it with the dock as soon as it arrived. Must be a hit and miss affair but it's working fine with my 1.4 mkii.
I have the TC MKIII, I get a "Err 01, Communication between lens and camer is faulty", so I'm still waiting for a new Sigma firmware update to resolve this.

Back