Sigma 150-600mm contemporary

Great shots. Like the 1st goslings one the best but all good. Like the landscapes with the lens also.

Heads up....
Sigma are 'bundling' this lens with their 1.4x teleconverter, the bundle is being listed at £849 which is a saving of almost £120 against buying the items separately.

Heads up....
Sigma are 'bundling' this lens with their 1.4x teleconverter, the bundle is being listed at £849 which is a saving of almost £120 against buying the items separately.
That's not a bad deal at all. Would be an even better package if they threw the dock in too.

nice set @phil_b what camera were you using

I have given in to temptation & just ordered the Sigma 150-600 lens & TC, plus a dock, a nice Birthday present for me from my Wife :)

Nice birthday present, I'm lucky to get a card
I will be interested to see how the tc works with this lens.​

Where did you order yours from?
Is it a Canon or Nikon fit?

Phil
I ordered a Nikon version from Mathers in Bolton, a store I have used previously. They don't carry them in stock but said they could supply in 2 days. The lens & TC are 'bundled' which makes the TC half price.

Pity the TC deal, was available a few back, when I brought my lens :(

I got mine from London Camera Exchange, they had the same deal on for either the half price dock or TC.

:plus1:

I went for the half price dock but since programming the custom 1 setting to faster AF and OS to dynamic, I haven't felt the need to switch to it
shrug2.gif
..........Am I missing sumot? :D

My lens, TC & dock have just been delivered, unfortunately I cannot play with them yet as it is not my Birthday for another 8 days :(
2 days from order to delivery as Mathers promised, good service!

Does the Sigma dock work for either/both the 150-600 C or S lens....?.....or do you need to specify ?

It works for any compatible Sigma lens, the only specific part is what lens mount version you order (Nikon/Canon)

Has anyone bought theirs through finance, and if so who with? I'm also wondering if anyone has bought via grey import - there seems to be a couple of hundred pounds to save but I'm not quite keen on the lack of a 3 year UK support and warranty service that they lack.

Has anyone bought theirs through finance, and if so who with? I'm also wondering if anyone has bought via grey import - there seems to be a couple of hundred pounds to save but I'm not quite keen on the lack of a 3 year UK support and warranty service that they lack.

Why not apply for a credit card offering 2 years interest free use? that way you can buy from anywhere at the best price :)

Having picked up a SH copy on Saturday I had my first chance to try it out yesterday, grotty overcast day so I knew it would be a test especially as I wanted either swallows, house martins or dragonflies in flight. A bit mad for a first go with a new lens but that is why I got it amongst other things flying. I was impressed with the OS, focus speed and tracking.

1/200 to test OS at 600mm

Chinook in the clouds
by Martin Billard, on Flickr

High speed tracking and I do mean high speed and small so lens did well with better light I recon I could nail these. 1/800 is half what I would liked

High speed panning

Slow speed tracking was also easy

Flying towards tracking

Landing

Gentle landing

Overall considering the lack of light I think this lens might be pretty good and easy light enough as my walk about lens.

Back