Sigma 150-600mm contemporary

Just out of interest, anyone actually attached the strap, to the lens collar?

Just had to replace mine with another after AF would randomly stop working. Did it 4 times over the weekend in some absolutely lovely contrasting light! A quick manual focus and AF would kick in again.

Rang London Camera Exchange and they said if I could bring it down to the Lincoln branch they'd 'probably' exchange it as its still not a month old and they have one in stock (y)

So off I went yesterday afternoon to Lincoln, 4 hour round trip :banghead:

Their first suggestion was it had to be sent back to Sigma because the manager could find two very small marks on the body and they only exchange if the lens is as new! :mad:

Believe me, I wasn't happy. I tried as politely as I could :angelic: :D to explain to this chap that for the last 3 weeks the lens had hardly been off the camera, how was I suppose to keep it 'as new' and use it at the same time, besides, I wasn't asking for a refund, the lens was faulty!

Anyway, after a bit more discussion :whistle:, they did exchange it, so the trip wasn't a complete waste of mi time. I do feel though, if I'd sent it back to them, they'd have just sent it back to Sigma without even considering the exchange even though it was within the 30 days and definitely a faulty lens

So, after recommending LCE above in an earlier post, although the outcome was satisfactory, I probably won't be just as quick to recommend them again.

Just had to replace mine with another after AF would randomly stop working. Did it 4 times over the weekend in some absolutely lovely contrasting light! A quick manual focus and AF would kick in again.

Rang London Camera Exchange and they said if I could bring it down to the Lincoln branch they'd 'probably' exchange it as its still not a month old and they have one in stock (y)

So off I went yesterday afternoon to Lincoln, 4 hour round trip :banghead:

Their first suggestion was it had to be sent back to Sigma because the manager could find two very small marks on the body and they only exchange if the lens is as new! :mad:

Believe me, I wasn't happy. I tried as politely as I could :angelic: :D to explain to this chap that for the last 3 weeks the lens had hardly been off the camera, how was I suppose to keep it 'as new' and use it at the same time, besides, I wasn't asking for a refund, the lens was faulty!

Anyway, after a bit more discussion :whistle:, they did exchange it, so the trip wasn't a complete waste of mi time. I do feel though, if I'd sent it back to them, they'd have just sent it back to Sigma without even considering the exchange even though it was within the 30 days and definitely a faulty lens

So, after recommending LCE above in an earlier post, although the outcome was satisfactory, I probably won't be just as quick to recommend them again.

Thats shoddy customer service. That's why I always use Amazon and all 4 Sigmas I have from the have also had the 3 yr warranty accepted.

Last edited:
I thought something similar stood in the shop :D

I was going to buy my Sigma 20mm f/1.4 from them but luckily I managed to get my small local store here to price match (and they are an authorised reseller)! Glad I did now :)

For some reason only Amazon market place sellers (not Amazon direct) had this lens in stock and they certainly won't have the 3 yr warranty :/

A few from a cross country session the other day;

45 by Jim, on Flickr

28 by Jim, on Flickr

15 by Jim, on Flickr

£686 inc. VAT on Amazon! :eek: Just ordered mine :)

I've had my eye on it all week checking the price everyday, was £710 at the start of the week, then £715 and today £686. Lowest price it's ever been according to camerapricebuster.

£686 inc. VAT on Amazon! :eek: Just ordered mine :)

I've had my eye on it all week checking the price everyday, was £710 at the start of the week, then £715 and today £686. Lowest price it's ever been according to camerapricebuster.

Can't see it on Amazon for that price :eek:

I could really do with a long lens and this is out of my price range BUT I just keep reading so many good reports and seeing some great pictures that I think I need to be re-adjusting my budget.

It was a Jessops joke.

I know that was the plan Jim, but I thought it came across as a bit of a cheap jibe given the new Jessops regime.

Apologies for the temporary lapse of humour :)

Just got a cracking deal on this lens at a local shop. Just over £700 with docking station and a Sigma UV filter.

When you get it, chuck the UV filter in the bin. The bigger the magnification the worse effect it has on IQ, so a 600mm lens is the worst type lens to have one on.

Just use the hood :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RKC
Well Amazon's delivery is quite something, ordered yesterday with standard delivery, arrived today.

What a lens, absolutely beautiful looking. Just had a quick go with it, very impressed.

Well Amazon's delivery is quite something, ordered yesterday with standard delivery, arrived today.

What a lens, absolutely beautiful looking. Just had a quick go with it, very impressed.
It's a great lens, enjoy using it. I did the same yesterday with the Sport version and it arrived today as well!

When you get it, chuck the UV filter in the bin. The bigger the magnification the worse effect it has on IQ, so a 600mm lens is the worst type lens to have one on.

I was very disappointed with my 150-600 C until I removed the UV filter-what a difference.

Did anyone elses lens turn up or has anyones lens turned up before for that matter with tiny plastic shavings of rubber or something on the actual lens? I used some compressed air from a safe distance to blow them off of it and the lens is fine but i just wondered where they have come from...

I was very disappointed with my 150-600 C until I removed the UV filter-what a difference.

Are we talking the Sigma filter or 3rd party?

Are we talking the Sigma filter or 3rd party?

Their ceramic clear filter is supposed to be something else - seen a video of someone hitting it with a hammer a few times and it still didn't break - normal glass one went first tap[emoji33]

I need a new strap/sling to carry my D750 & recently acquired 150-600 Contemporary lens, I have an Op/Tech Pro strap at the moment, what would you recommend? I see lots of people use BlackRapid or Peak Design slide straps, what are the pros/cons of these two brands?

Their ceramic clear filter is supposed to be something else - seen a video of someone hitting it with a hammer a few times and it still didn't break - normal glass one went first tap[emoji33]

Similar :)

Hi all , I have just joined the Contemporary club. I also have a dock coming, can any one point me in the direction of any posts with settings for BIF. Thanks.

Back