Sigma 150-600mm contemporary

Lovely looking dog ... shame you didn't quite get the ears in though.
Yeah it was just more of a test shot after the 150-600 had a hissy fit taking the pics of the kite. But seeing as it came out pretty sharp and she does look good in it [emoji6] I thought I'd share it haha.

I don't normally use the sigma for the dogs as they don't normally sit still long enough

Still pushing mine with dusk shots ISO12,800 1/800 f6.3 handheld. Incoming flight shots seem to be the weakest link but it still copes quite well even though it is usually me clipping wings off. I did zoom out on one and got it all in at 220mm I thought it was going to fly into me.

Barn Owl spotting me
by Martin Billard, on Flickr

Barn Owl spotting prey
by Martin Billard, on Flickr

Still impressive. Have you tweaked the settings on the lens with the adapter? Also if you don't mind me asking what speed settings did you use?
I've not had to tweak the actual focus at all. I've set C1 to focus speed/dynamic OS and C2 to focus accuracy/dynamic OS.

Great shots Laurence...

It was a very good test ,it did keep focusing on to the branches but I managed to get a lock on in the end. He did run rather fast in the open . I would have loved to have got a full length shot . poss next time .

Last edited:
That's great simon, really clean backround too, did you use some sort of backdrop?
I saw you move to d500 too!
Nice to see your shots.

Hi Thomas and thanks for the comments.

The background in the photos is a house with Buff coloured bricks about 150 meteres away... I have set up the perches with this in mind. I also have used some roofing felt tacked to the fence to give a cleaner background on another perch.

Loving the D500 so far and have decided not to buy the 300mm PF lens as I thing it will be too short for my needs at present, it's on the wish-list though!.. May sell the D810 for one:thinking:

Last edited:
Thank you one and all, you've just cost me £700...

After seeing the capabilities and reading so many positive reviews on here, the purchase just had to be done!

My wife doesn't quite say Thank You though.... :LOL:

Got out for another go with this lens.Did have a few problems with slow focus issues. learning curve I reckon.

Attachments

• _MG_3802.jpg
    _MG_3802.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 66
  • _MG_3807.jpg
    _MG_3807.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 64
  • _MG_3821.jpg
    _MG_3821.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 65
  • _MG_3911.jpg
    _MG_3911.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 73
  • _MG_3967.jpg
    _MG_3967.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 76
Got out for another go with this lens.Did have a few problems with slow focus issues. learning curve I reckon.

Nowt wrong with those pal. Lovely

Back