SimonTALM's Photo 52 Thread

Oh Simon, I'm sorry you are having a hard time of it at the moment. :(

We'll be waiting for your return and I for one will miss your pictures.

Hope things feel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Here's hoping it all works out for you, what ever it is.

I'll miss your weekly offering, you always come up with something worth looking at and I enjoy learning from your pics and the well though out feedback you leave for others.

Wishing you all the best mate, take your time and come back stonger.

So sorry to hear you are havig a bad time - wishing you all the best and hope to see you back soon xxx

Sorry to hear that Simon. I hope things work out for you soon. We shall all miss you.

Simon,

Sorry to hear you're going through rough times; I thoroughly enjoy this thread of yours and wait for your return.

Meanwhile, I hope all works out for you .. whatever it may be that's causing you so much stress.

Very sorry to hear about your situation, Simon. I'll look forward to seeing you back again, it won't be the same without the founding father. Take care, David.

Well I'm back

This was taken during the "first dance" at a wedding I was shooting at this weekend. The inverted commas are there as this couple did not have a first dance in the traditional sense so just got the band playing and got everyone on the dance floor together.

main.php

Not the greatest shot ever - some far better ones from the day (although not in the theme) can be found on my Facebook page (please become a fan if you haven't already).

Welcome back Simon, good to see you kick off again. It's very different, and they certainly look to be having a lot of fun. Spot on theme.

Hi Simon - it's great to have you back with us. :wave:

If you'd described a f'ish-eyed, colour cast first dance I'd have shuddered in horror - but actually I love it. :clap::clap: It's a bit wacky, definitely different and definitely Fun!

Jean

Thanks, it's quite a deliberate colour cast as that was the colour of the band's lighting at the time.

Welcome back Simon, good to see you kick off again. It's very different, and they certainly look to be having a lot of fun. Spot on theme.

They certainly were - it's not often I want to stay at a wedding after I've been shooting all day but this was definitely a great party.

hehe nice one Simon, looks like there having fun to me :D

I love that interpretation of the theme.
Definitely unusual, but it really works. I like it !

Cheers

welcome back, and well done on the shot (y)

First of all, glad to see you back Simon :wave:

Secondly, this definitely meets the brief and the fish eye captures the fun in all its glory. You just keep looking around the scene and trying to guess what everyone´s thinking (and how much they´ve had to drink :D)

:clap::clap:

Nice shot Simon, this kinda gives it the feel of what the eyes see by the end of the night!! :naughty:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

welcome back, and well done on the shot (y)

Thanks

First of all, glad to see you back Simon :wave:

Secondly, this definitely meets the brief and the fish eye captures the fun in all its glory. You just keep looking around the scene and trying to guess what everyone´s thinking (and how much they´ve had to drink :D)

:clap::clap:

Cheers :)

Nice shot Simon, this kinda gives it the feel of what the eyes see by the end of the night!! :naughty:

:clap:

:)

Welcome back Simon :wave:

Great to see you back!

Fun: I like! A very unusual wedding shot but it fits the theme beautifully and there is loads there to keep you interested.

Easy: hmmm, somethings bothering me. It is a bit soft at the front but thats not it. The lighting is lovely. I think it's the apple sauce running out of the bottom - or possibly just that it's a bit out of context. My brain wants to see a plate (and my stomach wants to see a dollop of icecream). I'm going to stop rambling now as I know I'm not expressing myself very well :bonk:

*drool*
I really like the lighting/setup/thought into this. You coulda just shown a slice of pie, but nope. You made it look yummy, enticing and more 'life like' than a still, straightly cut piece of yummy apple Pie :p

(y)

I think it's excellent, and I actually like the fact the front is slightly soft. Nice!

I really like that Simon... could manage to munch a lovely slice of apple pie with cream now... just from look at that. I think I agree with DS about the lack of context... maybe a plate beneath ?

Good shot Simon, like the reflection underneath, dof is a little out but you know that.

Nice plain background for the pie to pop off of too.

Good stuff.

Welcome back Simon...:wave:

The Fun shot is a great interpretation on the theme and not the usual angle we see the world...not a lens use much in my photography..(I don't own one:LOL:)

Easy works for me, if it make you hungry than you did the job ok in my book...:LOL:

Easy as Pie :LOL:

I really like this shot Simon. I know it´s a bit soft in places (no pun intended - well just a small one ;)) but to me that actually enhances the picture.

It definitely makes me want to eat it, so as Marcus says, if it makes you hungry then you did the job, but better than OK IMHO :clap::clap:

Yummy yummy in my tummy!!! (sorry)

Good shot, like the background and the clarity is fine for me, agree though that some cream poured around the bottom would have been great, then you could have sent it over for me!!!:D

Back