Simple Autumn Sycamore Leaf

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Just a simple, but beautiful Autumn Sycamore Leaf In water, for the set up I used a black plate with water just covering the base, natural light from the window, I used a white reflector as shade above and behind and a white reflector to up-light the leaf to get the detail in the reflection, exifs on the border, shot on a tripod and cable release, what do you think? C+C Welcome

Sycamore Leaf In Water Chorley Lancashire by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Dave

Love the reflection - bit of a shame the very top of the leaf seems a little soft (depth of field, I guess?) but I really like the shot!

superb Dave ...such a simple composition but all the better and beautiful for it....i love it !!

Dave, really like the shot. I was thinking of doing something similar but was n't sure how to go about it. Now with your info i can attempt this tomorrow. Maybe do one in ice also.

cheers for the tip
Steve

cracker Dave but whats going on with left top of leaf?

Dave, really like the shot. I was thinking of doing something similar but was n't sure how to go about it. Now with your info i can attempt this tomorrow. Maybe do one in ice also.

cheers for the tip
Steve

Thanks Steve drop me a link when youve done yours

cracker Dave but whats going on with left top of leaf?

I sprayed it with water Gary

Last edited:
I think that it work's a treat I was thinking that it was suspended on the tension of the water but no, a nice idea and well executed (y) I may have to give this idea a go but on a different subject (y)

Matt

I'd echo what has already been said about the suggestion that the leaf is suspended by surface tension of the water. It's very effective, I love the lighting.

Great image!

There is a very slight double reflection. I guess this is from each face of the water (top surface and the plate surface). And as said by others, a slight DOF issue. And from a kit lens too. Great stuff.

But what a brilliant composition. (y)

I have a Coral Bark Maple in the garden..... but all the leaves have fallen and withered :(

I'm a total noob, but I'm really inspired by so many things on here and this picture is one of them. Makes me want to get the black plates out :D

Love the reflection - bit of a shame the very top of the leaf seems a little soft (depth of field, I guess?) but I really like the shot!

:agree:

Lovely shot,thought it was the old eyes till James mentioned slight softness.
Still lovely .(y)

Last edited:
Back