So what film camera/bit of kit have you been obsessing about today?

I'm sort of obsessing over a Dynax 7, since I've got a couple of nice(ish) lenses but the shutter button on my 300si has crapped itself :LOL:

I ran a few films though my F2 recently fully serviced by Sover Wong.
Super kit and the pics came out perfect.

Attachments

• f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 20
I ran a few films though my F2 recently fully serviced by Sover Wong.
Super kit and the pics came out perfect.

Well worth the expense for the service then!

Wher have you been hiding Paul, we haven't seen you in here for an age?

My chances of acquiring either are about the same, but thanks for the heads up.

I've bought this thing of special interest by accident, and I've been pontificating about what its actually any use for

I've shot 30 frames with it and the jury is still out, maybe when I've blown the 36 and seen the negs everything will become clear and it will be shoved in the bottom of my junk box where I suspect it belongs:rolleyes:

My Grandmother was a Florence. Until her dying day, she swore she was a 20th century baby but after her death, her birth certificate came to light!

I keep having occasional hankerings for a small MF kit but it's yet to develop into an obsession. Maybe if a nice TLR appeared on a local shelf... Might have to visit Camerex when they're open.

My idiocy is legendary

I bought one of those Canon looks like a cannon contraptions.

The only camera I took one look at and threw in the bin.

My idiocy is legendary

I bought one of those Canon looks like a cannon contraptions.

The only camera I took one look at and threw in the bin.

pic then...:D

2hdnm9g.jpg

there are more controls on an mju than there is on this...:ROFLMAO:

@Asha If you are stuck in bed with internet access, you could always try what this Irish person did. (y) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38485402

LOL, tbh if I'm unable to get into the village tomorrow ( a half mile walk which when poorly may as well be ten!!), then I'll be calling upon one of my neighbours to help me out.

In fact if i placed an order online from the spar ( something i've never done), and add an additional message, I'm pretty sure they would help too.......one of the beauties of living in a (fairly) small commune;)

Idea stolen from another forum...

Today I have mostly been obsessing over half frame cameras and wondering whether one would be a good idea. Again. Ooh Pen E.

The Pen F I had for a while was a thing of beauty but in the end I decided I don't shot enough 35mm (again!) and sold it on. It was a great holiday camera though, a single roll of Velvia 50/36 lasted the week and the metering was spot on with every shot! Seeing a sheet of 72 stained glass windows when it was developed was worth the cost alone :0)

I'm mainly obsessing over actually finalising my Instax TLR after I've seen someone else has printed one very similar now. Other than that, I'm not actually 'missing' anything at the moment because I'm not shooting much. I've got 35mm rangefinder covered (Fed1, Yashica 14), Medium format (Yashica 635) and 120 pinhole covered. If I can get a 4x5 built by the end of Jan I'll be happy too ;0)

My attempt at repairing my Pentax MX was clearly fatal, so I am looking for a 'new' one. Also want to replace my ME Super with a working model.

Trying to convince myself that buying a hassy 500 is not what I should be looking at splashing my Christmas cash on.
Really fancy a dip into medium format with something that looks that nice though.

I'm now obsessing on finding an Olympus trip equivalent in medium format. Automatic exposure essential. I can probably manage zone focussing. Full manual is a bit much yet.

I'm good at having regular GAS ;)

Got my eye on a very nice 40mm lens for the ETRS;)....

I've got the 40mm f4.0 Zenzanon MC, and it's a lovely lens on the ETRS - bit prone to lens-flare if you point it anywhere sun-wards unless you get either the dedicated lens hood or (my preference) the Bellows Adjustable (studio hood) job.

I've got the 40mm f4.0 Zenzanon MC, and it's a lovely lens on the ETRS - bit prone to lens-flare if you point it anywhere sun-wards unless you get either the dedicated lens hood or (my preference) the Bellows Adjustable (studio hood) job.

The one that I've got my eye on is complete with dedicated lens hood :)

the Dedicated Bronica hoods are great (i've got the ones for the 40 and standard too...) but if you've got the ones for the 40 and the standard lens, and you take both lenses out with you, they take up more space than the bellows hood... plus, you can always "adjust to taste" with the bellows... I found it useful on some of the still life stuff to be able to apply a gentle vignette for example. Also, the Bellows hood has a slot for gel-filters, should you have such rare beasts - it was pretty much a "studio kit" thing, so was often used with tungsten correction filters etc...

I'm also floored with manflu. I have a roll of black and white film shot, a box of developing kit and a scanner in a box. Need to read the developing times!!

I'm rather enjoying the prospect of developing but feel to rubbish to do it.

I keep seeing lovely Hasselblad camera son my Instagram feed. They are pretty!!

pic then...:D

2hdnm9g.jpg

there are more controls on an mju than there is on this...:ROFLMAO:

h'mm another £4 buy at the bootie :D before I chuck any camera in the bin I dismantle it for spare screws, but a few well known cameras keep whole for spare parts e.g. OM2 and Konica FT1

I'm also floored with manflu. I have a roll of black and white film shot, a box of developing kit and a scanner in a box. Need to read the developing times!!

I'm rather enjoying the prospect of developing but feel to rubbish to do it.

I keep seeing lovely Hasselblad camera son my Instagram feed. They are pretty!!

If like myself, you're stumbling around like an old man, somewhat dissorientated at times then it's best to leave developing or carrying cameras until you feel brighter........I've already dropped a plate of food ( it all tastes crap atm anyway!) and spilt drinks. I'm hoping it's cos i'm off colour and nothin to do with getting older:confused::D

I've used a Hassy ( not my own) and have to confess it was rather nice although it hasn't given me an urge to purchase one.........mindst you I never thought I'd plunge for a Leica, but have to confess I really do like it!;)

For some reason, I feel the need to own a Minolta CLE.

I had a Leitz Minolta CL which I really liked. The M-Rokkor 40mm f/2 lens is lovely. Main problem with the CLE, IIRC, is that there's no metering in manual mode. You can meter in Aperture priority, then switch to manual, which is a workaround but ultimately a big faff. Lovely camera, I believe.

Think I may have to add the Bessa iii 667 to my list of cameras to obsess over...It's just that little bit cooler than the fuji.

W.....its gotta be a W

I prefer the Silver Fuji......and no bellows
They're both designed by Fuji, and built by Cosina, Voigtlander is bathing in reflected glory tbf

Back