So who's going to do a 365 in 2013

kennysarmy said:
OMG I'm considering it....

2009 and 2011 I did the 52 week challenge on here...so it was kinda looking like the pattern would continue of me doing it in 2013 too....

but.....

Would be great to have along for the ride Jeff ;)

Well carol has triple dared me so serious consideration here! :)

kennysarmy said:
Ok ok ok

My 365 will start today....the first day of my 43rd year....

What have I done.......!!!!!

:woot: :woot: and happy birthday (y) when I'm not on the phone I add your thread to the participants list if you've already started it (y)

I like the idea of a 365 as a test to oneself, but I can't commit time to it.... I want every pic to be planned and shot as if its the last shot I'll ever take.... I don't just want it to be 365 presses of the shutter for the sake if it.

Maybe a 52 might suit me better....

specialman said:
I like the idea of a 365 as a test to oneself, but I can't commit time to it.... I want every pic to be planned and shot as if its the last shot I'll ever take.... I don't just want it to be 365 presses of the shutter for the sake if it.

Maybe a 52 might suit me better....

Pat trust me when I say this every time I publish an image that before I upload it I think is sub par ;) get very angry with myself so as a result I then work even harder, it's impossible that all 365 photos will be stunners but it is a lot of fun and for me a learning exercise in that I've developed my HDR skills, star trails, light painting, wire wool, domes etc so it can be a great deal of fun and valuable as a learning tool (y) but it's not a challenge that is suitable to all if you understand me (y)

6 days to go, think I'm just going to take a random approach to it and take the best picture i can each day with no theme or rules. I would end up hating a theme as i would restrict myself too much.

I really wish I could. I work on oil rigs so there are most likely 3 weeks of the month I won't have a camera available.

I really wish I could. I work on oil rigs so there are most likely 3 weeks of the month I won't have a camera available.

What about camera phone or is it an unauthorised electrical device/spark issue? if the electrical issue, how about a film camera with just one roll of film ;)

flook999 said:
I'll be starting this for the first time this year, note I said starting :)

For me its a way of re-igniting my mojo, and will mostly be shot on iphone/ipad using a nice 6x6 app I found t'other day :cool:

Good luck the iPhone produces some cool shots and the 6x6 is a great app

Good luck and look forward to seeing your shots I start mine the 1st too eek that's midnight arghhhh lol

Most of my pics will be from the RX100 or my 40D, no idea what to have as my first picture tomorrow, i would have liked to get a long exposure in the early morning but chances are it will be pouring down still.

i'll be restarting my potd from tommorow for 2013 - i originally planned to stay up tonight and take and post the next shot at 00.01 , but i'm experiencing a high degree of can't be arsed :LOL:

I am considering this. I take photos almost every day. I work on a farm with an animal rescue shelter so plenty of easy animal photos, or just the 200 acres of fields gates fences.

Where do you upload too?

What is the easiest hosting platform?

Can anyone recommend a blog site that quick and easy to use?

Thanks

I'm thinking I'm :nuts: for doing my 3rd 52 in a row....you guy's n gal's are seriously hardcore for doing your 365's :notworthy:

Will try & drop in on some every now n then but at the mo I've got all on keeping up with the 52's threads :eek:

Well done to you all...you are an inspiration..:clap:

blondie606 said:
I'm thinking I'm :nuts: for doing my 3rd 52 in a row....you guy's n gal's are seriously hardcore for doing your 365's :notworthy:

Will try & drop in on some every now n then but at the mo I've got all on keeping up with the 52's threads :eek:

Now that is lovely!!.... Just what this forum is all about...... :)

I am considering this. I take photos almost every day. I work on a farm with an animal rescue shelter so plenty of easy animal photos, or just the 200 acres of fields gates fences.

Where do you upload too?

What is the easiest hosting platform?

Can anyone recommend a blog site that quick and easy to use?

Thanks

Host on flickr, and post to your own thread here on TP and your sorted (y)

:D Very good of you (y) you don't have to be mad to live in these darks parts of the forums but it sure does help (y)

Matt

i'll be restarting my potd from tommorow for 2013 - i originally planned to stay up tonight and take and post the next shot at 00.01 , but i'm experiencing a high degree of can't be arsed :LOL:

lift off has been delayed by technical problems :LOL: ie the fact that i've spent the last two days wrestling with yet more flood damage.:dummy:

my 1000 project will recomence next weekend

Can I just ask please what Flickr groups are folks posting to as well please?

Thanks Matt, I need all the support I can get, so will be 'Ho'ing myself around on Flickr too :D

What about camera phone or is it an unauthorised electrical device/spark issue? if the electrical issue, how about a film camera with just one roll of film ;)

Apologies Matt, I only just stumbled along to this comment. :bonk:

I do quite often take some photos offshore with my Iphone 5 but I just dont really like using it as a camera most of the time.

Certainly cant be sneaking my 5D offshore and using it outside, if that were allowed I would have it all the time. :naughty:

Do people start their own threads for their 365's and update it daily, and to what section? You can be sure I will need all the motivation I can get before long :LOL:

Do people start their own threads for their 365's and update it daily, and to what section? You can be sure I will need all the motivation I can get before long :LOL:

I see that you've got your thread in the correct section and fully up and running, the simple idea of the thread is to update as often as you can ideally daily, and if you can also make the time to call into the other nutters threads as often as you can just to offer some encouragement and or critique that's going to be wonderful, the biggest and most important thing however is to enjoy yourself (y)

Back