So who's going to do a 365 in 2013

i'll still be doing my thousand, but its not going to be an every day challenge as that doesnt work with my lifestyle , as per my new rules

michael23 said:
I think I will do it. Want to find the cash for a nice portrait prime though. Anyone got any winning numbers for the lottery? Lol

Yay :) it's an amazing challenge (y) and I'll be sure to support you in it (y)

btw!..i'm not out of the running for carrying on...just jigging my life around and a theme for perhaps the next two months at least.. (y)

SamuelSlade007 said:
is that support for finding the winning numbers??

I've not checked my numbers yet ;) so we will see :D

SamuelSlade007 said:
btw!..i'm not out of the running for carrying on...just jigging my life around and a theme for perhaps the next two months at least.. (y)

Good to know :)

Yay :) it's an amazing challenge (y) and I'll be sure to support you in it (y)

cheers Matt (y) Hoping the arrival of our little boy in december is going to fuel my desire to a 365, something different to the 52, though I might carry on with that as well, will have to see. An 85mm is on my shopping list (in my mind that is) otherwise I will have to make do with what I have :LOL:

cheers Matt (y) Hoping the arrival of our little boy in december is going to fuel my desire to a 365, something different to the 52, though I might carry on with that as well, will have to see. An 85mm is on my shopping list (in my mind that is) otherwise I will have to make do with what I have :LOL:

I hired the Canon 85/1.8 a couple of months back :D it's a very nice lens, thought maybe a little long on a crop sensor for portraiture :thinking:

So your having a boy, that's wonderful :D

It does seem a little long, back in the days I always enjoyed using 135 on my film cameras, although I didn't really do portraits with it, I usually used a 35-105 at the long end for portraits on the rare occasion when I did. But there is nothing really in between the 50 and 85mm, other than the 60mm efs lens. Plus the new 6d has tickled me too, so at least the 85 would still be usable on that if i was in a position to go for it!

Indeed a little boy, only got 10 week left before the due date as well :eek: Time is flying by...

michael23 said:
It does seem a little long, back in the days I always enjoyed using 135 on my film cameras, although I didn't really do portraits with it, I usually used a 35-105 at the long end for portraits on the rare occasion when I did. But there is nothing really in between the 50 and 85mm, other than the 60mm efs lens. Plus the new 6d has tickled me too, so at least the 85 would still be usable on that if i was in a position to go for it!

Indeed a little boy, only got 10 week left before the due date as well :eek: Time is flying by...

Ah yeah that 6D does sound very interesting, something I would have considered had that been launched before the 5D3 :eek: I bet your getting really excited now :D

michael23 said:
Very excited, although shattered at the same time, I think someone has the fast foward button pressed on time passing by :LOL: Caitlin can't wait for her little brother to arrive :love:

I bet she can't :)

I think i will give it ago for 2013 having just got the RX100 its that bit easier to always have a camera with me.

No idea what to aim for though. I was thinking either set a theme each week or just do it at random.

Last edited:
I was considering doing more a day theme... So like Matt I think it could me macro Monday... Street Tuesday... Light paintings/trails weds ... Though I had heard of half naked Friday... So I might give this idea plenty more thought..

I think i will give it ago for 2013 having just got the RX100 its that bit easier to always have a camera with me.

No idea what to aim for though. I was thinking either set a theme each week or just do it at random.

Well you now a member of that very exclusive little flickr group (y) look forward to seeing your thread in 2013 :D

I was considering doing more a day theme... So like Matt I think it could me macro Monday... Street Tuesday... Light paintings/trails weds ... Though I had heard of half naked Friday... So I might give this idea plenty more thought..

Your on your own on half naked friday's I only do that kind of thing early in the morning when no mods are on duty ;) that's what the nature(ist) forum is for right?

I only do that kind of thing early in the morning when no mods are on duty ;)

was that why you bought that wide angle lens ? :LOL:

Just realised that im limited to 200 pictures on Flickr, so im in the process of changing to Google now. Got to get it ready for the new year.

Just realised that im limited to 200 pictures on Flickr, so im in the process of changing to Google now. Got to get it ready for the new year.

Your not (y) even on the free account that you have you can upload more than the 200, it's just that you can only view the 200 the others will still be there and if posted in forum will still show in the forum they're just not viewable on flickr like the most recent 200, have you considered a flickr Pro it's well worth it, if you use BT Broadband, update your account details on flickr to your BT email and it will upgrade your flickr account to a complementary Pro account (y)

Not paying for it, i just wanted a site where i can share my pictures and join discussions. Google seems great so far once you add a few photo pages to your circles you get lots of comments and feedback and its totally free. Will be doing my 365 via there have a separate folder for it may even make a page.

Am seriously contemplating giving it a go, have 3 frogged attempts so far and am completely lacking in the photo mojo department. So this (and my efforts to learn how to use my flash properly) might just give me the impetus I need to get back into taking photos again ;)

Am seriously contemplating giving it a go, have 3 frogged attempts so far and am completely lacking in the photo mojo department. So this (and my efforts to learn how to use my flash properly) might just give me the impetus I need to get back into taking photos again ;)

Well you would get plenty of support from the other TP POTDers :D

Pretty much the same for me… tried a couple of times, crashed and burnt but always willing to try.... Time is the biggest enemy! :bonk:

Pretty much the same for me… tried a couple of times, crashed and burnt but always willing to try.... Time is the biggest enemy! :bonk:

Well, I've decided that even a crappy phone pic will surfice this time - just get a photo in :D

Go on....you know you want too :naughty:

Seriously it's going to be a really quiet part of the forum in 2013 if we don't have some new blood in there :D

Well, I've decided that even a crappy phone pic will surfice this time - just get a photo in :D

Agreed, I'm still umming and arring. :)

Go for it !!! (y)(y)(y) i'm a big supporter of the Crazy Corner(y)

Part of me is really looking forward to it, but i fear 99% of my pictures will be just boring and a picture for the sake of a picture.
Do i structure it or just take a random picture each day, i have no idea yet.

Part of me is really looking forward to it, but i fear 99% of my pictures will be just boring and a picture for the sake of a picture.
Do i structure it or just take a random picture each day, i have no idea yet.

I feared my second year....my first year was full of selective colour shots and self portraits... Now I'm doing two photo52s every other day... Got a bit behind..but its amazing how a word sharpens your eye..

Im going to do the minimum of processing as that will eat up way too much time, my process is usually shoot raw, then use photoshop and correct WB and usually click auto at the bottom for exposure, it seems to do a good job most of the time.

Im just going to try and get my current range of pics better; macro and landscape, but want to start with long exposures and urban type stuff.

Im going to do the minimum of processing as that will eat up way too much time, my process is usually shoot raw, then use photoshop and correct WB and usually click auto at the bottom for exposure, it seems to do a good job most of the time.

Im just going to try and get my current range of pics better; macro and landscape, but want to start with long exposures and urban type stuff.

I did landscapes for a month ... Never forget its your art and what you see and how you see it...you'll manage it... And don't kick yourself if you get behind... I do all the time.. Its called life..but then I catch up and in that gap I find inspiration or better weather .. .. Rules are there to be broken ..

So is your name on the list then?

Back