So who's going to do a 365 in 2013

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
So were into the last quarter of 2012 well will be in less than 12 hours :eek: so as we get closer to 2013 there will be those that are considering the huge challenge that is a POTD (Photo of the Day)

These are the POTD's currently on going

BigSoftMoose HERE
BobBCN HERE
CaptainPenguin HERE (blogspot based)
HWest HERE
MWHCVT HERE
Paulbaker HERE
SamuelSlade007 HERE
Vince31 HERE
wicker_man HERE

So the question is, who out there in the wonders that are TP land fancies venturing into the mad house of a POTD for 2013?

There are some things to give serious consideration to before you take on a POTD and I'll try and give a little guidance here:

Why do you want to do the challenge
Before taking on such a serious challenge as a POTD you need to give some serious consideration as to why you want to do the challenge, maybe set yourself some rules and targets, it's important to remember that this is your challenge to make of it what you want...

Commitment
Maybe that should be committed as in taking on a challenge like this you probably should be admitted to an institution :cautious: but you have to consider what your taking on, come rain or shine or snow you've got to take a photo every day for an entire year

I also recommend that you all so aim to post every day as it's all to easy to let editing and posting fall behind and before you know it the backlog has killed your challenge

Inspiration
As someone that is currently just past 600 consecutive days the worst days of the challenge are not those with bad weather but the ones where you completely lack the inspiration for something to do as your photo, so it's always a good idea to have back up ideas that you can shoot

Support
This is the easy one, the great members of TP are fantastic for support and it's always great if POTDers can make the time to support the other nutters that are taking up the challenge

So who's up for a 365 for 2013?

work commitment prevents me from taking part Matt, can't carry a DSLR and a .243 during Roe Season

but good luck to all those that can (y)

Les :D

work commitment prevents me from taking part Matt, can't carry a DSLR and a .243 during Roe Season

but good luck to all those that can (y)

Les :D

That's understandable (y) it's a massive challenge so you need to be able to commit to it if your going to see it through (y)

They are not all as mad as us :LOL::LOL:

:wacky: Bloody nutty we are:wacky:

You don't have to be mad to start a POTD but it helps, and you'll be getting a certificate by the end, from a registered mental health practitioner :D

:thinking:

who said that? bugger off monkey :help: the voices in my head are telling me to burn stuff, wire wool mostly ;)

You don't have to be mad to start a POTD but it helps, and you'll be getting a certificate by the end, from a registered mental health practitioner :D

:thinking:

who said that? bugger off monkey :help: the voices in my head are telling me to burn stuff, wire wool mostly ;)

I was sane when I started , Now i am bloody Marvellous :bang: Honest :LOL:

I was sane when I started , Now i am bloody Marvellous :bang: Honest :LOL:

It's nice being crazy though :D

But come on people there are nearly 50,000 members on this great forum there must be some members out there that want to take on an epic challenge :thinking:

remind me again why i started this hair brained idea..?? and why a number of people are asking me to carry on... tempting me they are... into a second year of servitude to the beast ... a photo a day!!!??! WHY!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!???? do we do it...its enough to make even onions cry???

remind me again why i started this hair brained idea..?? and why a number of people are asking me to carry on... tempting me they are... into a second year of servitude to the beast ... a photo a day!!!??! WHY!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!???? do we do it...its enough to make even onions cry???

I've not quite forgotten why I started though still not sure why I carry on some days I think it's the evil monkey that will not let me stop :help:

MWHCVT said:
I've not quite forgotten why I started though still not sure why I carry on some days I think it's the evil monkey that will not let me stop :help:

Yeah..... That Dr Snuggles the evil monkey has a lot to answer for...

In a word....NO....

Furthest I managed was 100...then I went :puke: :puke: :puke:

I have a mahhooossivvee ammount of admiration for anyone who finishes a 365. I've nipped into a few 365, Kev's (SamuelSlade007) is the main one I frequent...or it appears to be Frank now...:wacky: :D

A 365 in itself isn't hard; making it interesting is.

Good luck to all those who are starting and :clap: to those who are continuing.

You may find these guys helpful at some point clicky linky

Cheers.

In a word....NO....

I have a mahhooossivvee ammount of admiration for anyone who finishes a 365. I've nipped into a few 365, Kev's (SamuelSlade007) is the main one I frequent...or it appears to be Frank now...:wacky: :D

Cheers.

:LOL: :LOL: Samaritans I'm passed there help :cautious: now on Day 623 today and thinking about what it is going to be :eek:

MWHCVT said:
You know you want too (evil manic laugh)

Dude, I didn't manage a 52 and that was before having Noah!

:LOL: :LOL: Samaritans I'm passed there help :cautious: now on Day 623 today and thinking about what it is going to be :eek:

6.......2......3......I thought you had a bit of a :puke: look in your eye at the NMA meet. I've visited your thread but rarley, if ever :thinking:, commented, must resolve this.

Cheers.

Dude, I didn't manage a 52 and that was before having Noah!

6.......2......3......I thought you had a bit of a :puke: look in your eye at the NMA meet. I've visited your thread but rarley, if ever :thinking:, commented, must resolve this.

Cheers.

What can I say I need some company for next year as I work into the 1,000 stretch, then I decide once I get close to 1,000 if it's really time for me to stop :cautious:

posiview said:
In a word....NO....

Cheers.

Thanks for this Andy.. The iou isn't anywhere near a stamp btw... But appreciated....

Think I might count up how many I've done and turn it into a 1000 .... Maybe..

I could possibly be in, but if I do I will want it to be a year of our little boy growing up, he is currently due on december 16th. I have been doing the 52 week since 2011 so on my 90th themed week :wacky: But its been worth it and I really like shooting to a theme, I had thought about going into a 3rd year, I can't quite imagine a year not doing it :bonk:

Going to have to :thinking:

I could possibly be in, but if I do I will want it to be a year of our little boy growing up, he is currently due on december 16th. I have been doing the 52 week since 2011 so on my 90th themed week :wacky: But its been worth it and I really like shooting to a theme, I had thought about going into a 3rd year, I can't quite imagine a year not doing it :bonk:

Going to have to :thinking:

Would be good to have you in the nut house mate :D and you've got a great subject to be working with (y) we just cannot be totally sure of the start date :cautious:

MWHCVT said:
Would be good to have you in the nut house mate :D and you've got a great subject to be working with (y) we just cannot be totally sure of the start date :cautious:

I'm thinking of carry on ...But this year will be focused on the shades paint goes through drying? ... It sounded a good idea at the time....but now...not so sure??

SamuelSlade007 said:
I'm thinking of carry on ...But this year will be focused on the shades paint goes through drying? ... It sounded a good idea at the time....but now...not so sure??

Will be great have you along for the ride Kev (y)

SamuelSlade007 said:
i'm not really best material for a poster boy am i... i'll stick to posing for playboy and gardeners weekly (y)

Well you are in that the level of commitment and quality of out put has been impeccable (y)

SamuelSlade007 said:
you've been looking at my centre fold with the radishes haven't you Matt... :eek: .. they said they'd never print that issue (y)

Limited print run that week :exit:

Dark Knight said:
I would love too... but with my work schedule I struggle to keep up with my 52 :(

Maybe consider a mobile version :thinking: but I know Tom tried that last year and stopped because he wasn't happy with the achievable quality :(

Limited print run that week :exit:

thats right matt... you run... you run fast..!!

Maybe consider a mobile version :thinking: but I know Tom tried that last year and stopped because he wasn't happy with the achievable quality :(

i fancy giving this a go... a whole month of mobile shots.. maybe :clap:

SamuelSlade007 said:
thats right matt... you run... you run fast..!!

i fancy giving this a go... a whole month of mobile shots.. maybe :clap:

:exit:

I dont think I could stop myself from using my camera :cautious:

.... Maybe consider a mobile version :thinking: but I know Tom tried that last year and stopped because he wasn't happy with the achievable quality :(
Hmmmm :thinking:

Nah that doesn't appeal to me...

I will be subscribing to 2 or 3 more POTD's and maybe see how it goes, the issue for me it's the same as many I guess I leave home and it's dark, stuck in an office most of the time, then drive home in the dark... theres only so many pics of paper clips one can handle ;)

Dark Knight said:
Hmmmm :thinking:

Nah that doesn't appeal to me...

I will be subscribing to 2 or 3 more POTD's and maybe see how it goes, the issue for me it's the same as many I guess I leave home and it's dark, stuck in an office most of the time, then drive home in the dark... theres only so many pics of paper clips one can handle ;)

Time to buy a macro lens :naughty:

:exit:

I dont think I could stop myself from using my camera :cautious:

but matt... the camera is a tool.... thats why i want to sign up for the disposable camera challenge thingie Yv is revving for october...if i take a some decent shots..it might show i have advanced my creative eye.. :shrug:

SamuelSlade007 said:
but matt... the camera is a tool.... thats why i want to sign up for the disposable camera challenge thingie Yv is revving for october...if i take a some decent shots..it might show i have advanced my creative eye.. :shrug:

That's why I'm doing it too ;) and another reason is my phone no have no camera mista ;) and this iPads camera is :puke:

Back