Notice Some big changes coming to TP

This is going to happen for a while yet. People read the original post, see that there are X pages of replies, and scroll down to post their own reaction. Perhaps if an update were to be added to the OP, it could save some heartache. What do you think?
Good point. (y)

This is going to happen for a while yet. People read the original post, see that there are X pages of replies, and scroll down to post their own reaction. Perhaps if an update were to be added to the OP, it could save some heartache. What do you think?

And maybe change the title ... whew! big changes averted or some such :)

Very good news indeed. This fabulous forum seems to go from strength to strength unlike another group of 3 forums that have been "sanitised" to an extent even Covid stays away. :)

I only hope the new person at the helm isn't the New Brush Sweeps Clean type. There is nothing wrong with this great forum so def no need for drastic changes. Many thanks to Marcel for negotiating a result that keeps the forum alive and well.

John

Thank you Marcel, and Thank you too new owner, also to the rest of the team.

Last edited:
Sad to say I've not been able to participate for the last few years due to family matters. I pop in now and again to read posts but no log in.
I would like to thank Marcel and the Mods for keeping the forum going so long and glad it's not folding.
I learned a lot when I was active on the forum, and even more from the London and Whipsnade meets. Hopefully I shall become active in the near future despite the bones creaking a lot more.
Good luck for the future Marcel, you deserve a rest after your long service and dedication to the forum.

Any news on whether the branding will stay the same, or are you going with Tlkphtgrphy?
Talk Photography will continue as is, on the same web address.

I'm trying to get, written into the rules, NE1 using Txt spk will get a day's holiday...

Last edited:
Is there an exception for OMG?

Is there an exception for OMG?
Curious!

OMG gets exemption under grandfather rights,in that case.
FFS gets an exemption, because its my favourite (y)

So when do we learn who the new owner is? and what it will mean for the future.?
Change is of course inevitable in everything.
Forums can not be an exception.

-.- ...-- -.. - ... -- -.-- .-.

No idea what that says.

Just my usual nonsense, at a guess!

So when do we learn who the new owner is?
Once the deal is signed sealed and delivered, apparently.
( which as I understand it, is not that far away now.)

and what it will mean for the future.?
Change is of course inevitable in everything.
As Marcel said, you may not even notice the change of hands,
But yes I guess there maybe subtle changes, but as to what I have no idea,
Hopefully not too many

Works perfectly on your example!
No encouragement required, thank you.
My request for a change of rules still stands :p

I wonder when we will get the announcement of the ownership change over, I thought today was deadline day?

I wonder when we will get the announcement of the ownership change over, I thought today was deadline day?
As Marcel said on page one
By 30/04 : Old content will be deleted. (The criteria is yet unknown, but it will be the really old and useless stuff filling up the forums)
By 30/04 : Old member records to be deleted. (Again, unsure on exact criteria)
By 30/04 : All remaining members to be contacted via email and informed of what's going to happen.

point 3 was to let everyone know whether it was a case of sink or swim .
Well as we all know, its a swim.
And I doubt that #3 will happen, now, but it still might of course.

I thought staff members could just make up rules :p
Nope we have to word to admin guidelines, can you image the "fun" we mods could have
if left alone to make up our own ? (y)

aHR0cHM6Ly9wYmNkbjEucG9kYmVhbi5jb20vaW1nbG9nby9pbWFnZS1sb2dvLzYwOTIxNDUvV2F0Y2htZW4uanBn

Just a quick note. I've not had chance to catch up with the thread yet....

However, I'd like to announce that discussions have been successful and TP will be continuing as is, with someone new at the helm.
More details soon, but I want to reassure you all that TP is not going anywhere and will stay as it is...infact you might not even notice the switch :p

Great, glad to read that

Well, I confess to doing my bit to keep them on the straight and narrow :) I think we all should, otherwise the mighty power of their position will corrupt them, after all they are only human … or part-human in some cases :).

Succinctly put - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Not so sure about that … who watches the watchers? (or The Watch in earlier times) has a nice ring to it :).

Back