Notice Some big changes coming to TP

I hope you got a lifetime supply of jaffa cakes out of whatever deal was struck!

:jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa:

Thank you Marcel and new owner, you’ve made my day!

I have no idea what that means or what you are trying to say ... :thinking:

I asked if the new owner was a forum member
to which you said "Nope, after about 5 failed attempts to get back in, I think he has given up ..."

So are we giving keys i.e. admin access to the forum and back door i.e. the server access to someone who couldn't get back in?

Unless you were joking of course....? which may have been the case.....

I asked if the new owner was a forum member
to which you said "Nope, after about 5 failed attempts to get back in, I think he has given up ..."

So are we giving keys i.e. admin access to the forum and back door i.e. the server access to someone who couldn't get back in?

Unless you were joking of course....? which may have been the case.....
You Kinda missed the point.
It was suggested that it may have been a certain member who was previously banned.
You asked if he was a current member and I said no.
And also said that he had attempted about 5 new sign ups.

Now if you wanted to asks a specific question, you should have, not join in and quote a current side thread ;)

So to answer your question, sort of, the forum has not been sold to any advertisers or larger conglomerates,

Last edited:
You Kinda missed the point.
It was suggested that it may have been a certain member who was previously banned.
You asked if he was a current member and I said no.
And also said that he had attempted about 5 new sign ups.

Now if you wanted to asks a specific question, you should have, not join in and quote a current side thread ;)

So to answer your question, sort of, the forum has not been sold to any advertisers or larger conglomerates,

erm.... I am confused :(

So the new owner is a previously banned member who's tried to sign up about 5 times and failed?

You're probably not far wrong.
Feedback (I prefer this word to critique) should be useful to the recipient, but some feedback only focuses on the negative, with a "this is wrong or that is wrong". Feedback really does need to be a bit more in-depth than just the negatives. It needs to say how to improve, why you don't like an aspect of the photo. Some of it is down to personal choice and I think that should be said in any feedback given.
I don't really comment on landscape or portrait photos as they're not my thing, but I can still appreciate them and do like to look at them, that's where the like button comes in for me. It says "I like your image, but don't have anything to add".

Part of my management training dealt with giving team members critique about their work (this was IT sales, but the idea still works).

Open positively, discuss what's good
Don't just poor scorn on their work, be detailed, and offer suggestions how to improve.
Close, either on a positive note, or with a challenge (for instance - "Why not take a few more and take time to make sure the horizon is straight" or something similar.

Just saying it's a cr@p photo doesn't help anyone.

Just a quick note. I've not had chance to catch up with the thread yet....

However, I'd like to announce that discussions have been successful and TP will be continuing as is, with someone new at the helm.
More details soon, but I want to reassure you all that TP is not going anywhere and will stay as it is...infact you might not even notice the switch :p

Brilliant news - made my day.

Part of my management training dealt with giving team members critique about their work (this was IT sales, but the idea still works).

Don't just poor scorn on their work, be detailed, and offer suggestions how to improve.
Close, either on a positive note, or with a challenge (for instance - "Why not take a few more and take time to make sure the horizon is straight" or something similar.

Sometimes I think that's the problem, Some people are all to quick to criticize and don't actually have anything positive or encouraging to say.
I have always tried to end on a positive note.

Sometimes I think that's the problem, Some people are all to quick to criticize and don't actually have anything positive or encouraging to say.
I have always tried to end on a positive note.
I have to agree Dom, you only have to look at a lot threads ( past and present) to see the amount of negativity there is, what ever the subject.
Maybe that's also a sign of the times.

As a long time (but only occasional) user of the site I would like to echo the sentiments expressed by others and register my thanks to all concerned for providing such a brilliant facility. I hope that it will morph into a new albeit similar site and continue to provide help and support to the photographic community at large.

Gawd that means I'll still have to put up with Marc and Cobra :):exit:

otherwise known as the s*** sandwich

I have always tried to end on a positive note

so have I... even if it was "Never mind, every missed photo is an opportunity for a re-shoot" which i'll acknowledge isn't massively comforting, but its a bit nicer than just "Wrong, Do It Again..."

:) :)
erm.... I am confused :(

So the new owner is a previously banned member who's tried to sign up about 5 times and failed?
Understatement of the year ... so far :):exit:

But it works (unless of course, people just want "Hey, that's brilliant". Being judged by your peers is hard, but fair. We're all photographers here, if you create a great image, I'll say so. If it could be improved, I'll say that too, but nicely.

Back in my day it was called the acceptable sandwich. Mind you, that phrase was coined by a management consultant who was true to his kind and talked mainly s***.

I have no idea what that means or what you are trying to say ... :thinking:

Nilagin the ford promo man ;)
Is he permanently banned then. Gawd, I've only been away for a few weeks , wonder what else I've missed?

Just found this forum and now find out that it may be going away :(

Hopefully the ownership gets squared away and the resources here remain. I've been searching for a forum like this for years!

Hopefully the ownership gets squared away and the resources here remain. I've been searching for a forum like this for years!
It's not going away. :)

No, it is staying. :)

Thanks for all the hard work that you and the moderators have put in. This site has be a wealth of information for me and it will be a sad day if it is closed down. However needs must, you've got to look after your health.

Thanks again.

This site has be a wealth of information for me and it will be a sad day if it is closed down
You obviously missed the update ..

Just a quick note. I've not had chance to catch up with the thread yet....

However, I'd like to announce that discussions have been successful and TP will be continuing as is, with someone new at the helm.
More details soon, but I want to reassure you all that TP is not going anywhere and will stay as it is...infact you might not even notice the switch :p

Back