Sony A6000

I've just sold my D750 and all lenses as I found I wasn't taking it anywhere, just too big to lug around, especially on family days out.

Got myself the A6000 and the 16-50 kit lens. Just back from a weekend break in Edinburgh and i'm very happy with my choice so far, small and light but still a very responsive camera to use. Had a brief look a the jpegs (was shooting in jpeg + raw) on the laptop and they look pretty good so far. I'm sure I will look into a better lens or two but for now i'm happy and can see me getting back into photography a lot more than I have been!

Here is one from my A6000 + FE 55mm f1.8za @ iso1250 f2.2

i-L9sRsSj-XL.jpg

Old thread revival... my son is just getting an A6000 (price match plus double cashback too good to refuse). What battery and charger are best? There's a Sun Valley one on Amazon, which I normally never use, but nw have to and need something to boost it up to free delivery!

Old thread revival... my son is just getting an A6000 (price match plus double cashback too good to refuse). What battery and charger are best? There's a Sun Valley one on Amazon, which I normally never use, but nw have to and need something to boost it up to free delivery!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RAVPower-Replacement-Batteries-Versatile-Compatible/dp/B01JLKVLUC

I bought some cheaper ones also off amazon. The cheaper one are rubbish when it come to night shooting.

I've always used ExPro batteries/charger from Amazon and haven't had any issues. I've now got 1 genuine and 3 ExPro and they all deliver the same performance.

I bought a 2 battery + charger pack a couple of years ago, can't remember which brand, but never given any problems.
Just check the reviews and pick one where there's a decent number, and with only a few negatives (everything seems to get some negative reviews on Amazon - the funniest one was a one star rating on an A3 cutting mat because "it was not the size expected", and they poor individual had had to go and buy an A4 one instead...)

Has anyone go any suggestions for a case for an A6000? Just the kit lens at the moment...

Looks nice Dave, but I think a bit larger than needed at this time... :)

Is there a separate thread for the a6300? Are there any major differences between the two?

Doesn't the A6300 have an electronic shutter whereas the A6000 doesn't?

I thought the A6300 had IBIS, seems not the case, took Sony until the A6500 to implement that, really?

I thought the A6300 had IBIS, seems not the case, took Sony until the A6500 to implement that, really?
Erm... If you mean on APS-C e-mount then yes really. They mostly relied on OSS. Even 35mm and 50mm primes have it.
If you mean Sony in general they've had IBIS forever lol

Erm... If you mean on APS-C e-mount then yes really. They mostly relied on OSS. Even 35mm and 50mm primes have it.
If you mean Sony in general they've had IBIS forever lol

Of course I meant their later APSC line, my first dslr was a Sony ;) that had IBIS, or as they called it then Steadyshot - I just assumed the A300 at least had IBIS. If i ever was to switch to their APSC I'd want the A6500 then

Bringing an old thread back to life here.

How can I find my shutter count on the A6000? I've looked at Google and tried the free ones on line but they don't seem to be working for me.

Back