weekly Sparrow's 52, 2016 -Week 38 and 39 metal reshoot and big added

Like Metal, old bits of metal can be so interesting with the rust patterns.

Old: Certainly on theme nice composition

Metal: Defiantly some heavy metal there love the colours but find the highlight from the flash a little distracting.

Captive: Great shot and you can certainly see him thinking let me out to play

Hehe, good idea, looks really ready to burst out for a run around,

Aw! Beautiful pup. Spot on with the shot ... and the speech bubble. Well done Liz:clap:

Captive what a lovely looking dog, love the speech bubble as well nice touch to the image.

Liking the vice for your Metal shot, it has a nice anodised look and certainly a big lump of metal, very cool looking!
And a great shot of little Jack, he's got some great markings on his head!

Thanks everyone for taking a look and for your kind comments - much appreciate. Liz

Nice shot of your dog,

Old: Certainly on theme nice composition
Metal: Defiantly some heavy metal there love the colours but find the highlight from the flash a little distracting.
Captive: Great shot and you can certainly see him thinking let me out to play

Thanks Steve and Mark for your kind comments they are very much appreciated. Liz

Like Metal, old bits of metal can be so interesting with the rust patterns.
Thanks Rob :)
Super shot Liz ....you've caught the expression perfectly ....what a gorgeous little dog :)
\
Thanks Susie. He is a super little dog:).
Cute dog, and nice low POV. A little under exposed, maybe.
Thanks Andy, I hadn't thought about it looking under exposed but can see what you mean now.
Great focusing on the eyes there considering the shallow DoF.
Was it taken through a window
Thanks Tim. Not it wasn't taken through a window, Jack was on the back seat of the car and I had the tailgate up, I think he thought it a pretty poor show not getting off for a walk. :)
"let me out!" :D - very nice capture :)
Thanks Jon.
All 3 shots on theme Jack looks very patient
Thanks Minx, he is a grand little dog.

I love the detail in this - all very miniature (y) if I wanted to pick hairs I would suggest a vinegette (sp) boarder to help soften the bits that are cut off at the edges.

Hi Liz. That would make a really good abstract - like the intricate detail and the variety of colours and shapes. Excellent choice for the theme.

Being a pedant, I would have spun it 180° to get the writing the right way up. It's a competent enough exposure though. Well done.

love the detail in this - all very miniature (y) if I wanted to pick hairs I would suggest a vinegette (sp) boarder to help soften the bits that are cut off at the edges.
Thanks Ruth, I can see what you mean about softening the edges, it is something I hadn't thought about. Thanks

Liking thiis image Liz, nice and sharp,
Thanks Lee.

Hi Liz. That would make a really good abstract - like the intricate detail and the variety of colours and shapes. Excellent choice for the theme.
Thanks Carl.

Being a pedant, I would have spun it 180° to get the writing the right way up. It's a competent enough exposure though. Well done.
Thanks Brian. I have turned it round as you suggest. I don't know why, but I think I prefer it the wrong way round!!!! Although the portrait suggestion by Susie probably works the best.

Miniature right way up by BlueLizzy, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like the original and the portrait version portrait just pips it I think. Lots to look at in a small space

Hi Liz ... nice lighting and perspective, but could be a little sharper I think. Would look better and more detailed on here if it fitted the page, I've viewed it on Flickr where it either looks a bit small or too big.

Lots of miniature detail in there (y)

I think I prefer the original landscape version but nothing wrong with the others, just personal preference. The only slight critque would be that the writing looks a bit soft to me, not sure but the focus looks slightly above the board to me, maybe a slightly smaller aperture would have had it all in focus.

Great detail and so much packed into a small space ! Lovely and sharp but undecided if I like portrait or landscape - both are great !
Thanks Jon

Lots of miniature detail in there (y)
I think I prefer the original landscape version but nothing wrong with the others, just personal preference. The only slight critque would be that the writing looks a bit soft to me, not sure but the focus looks slightly above the board to me, maybe a slightly smaller aperture would have had it all in focus.
Thanks Steve for the feedback and advice, I see what you mean about the focus, something for me to keep in mind for again.

Hi Liz ... nice lighting and perspective, but could be a little sharper I think. Would look better and more detailed on here if it fitted the page, I've viewed it on Flickr where it either looks a bit small or too big.
Thanks for your comments and helpful feedback David, very much appreciated.

I like the original and the portrait version portrait just pips it I think. Lots to look at in a small space
Thanks Minx

Ha ha - he's having fun alright, definitely Happy. Nice one Liz.

A great capture, my dog does something very similar, we call it the molly shuffle, and I know how difficult it is to catch the moment. Well done, fits the theme perfectly.

Lovely dog and nicely captured he /she certainly looks happy it’s great to watch them play our pepper has the same toy everything else she has destroyed apart from this one(y)

Lovely to see a dog enjoying his toy - our lucrcher won't touch his! I really like the position you've caught him in - for me, it's just a pity his head isn't sharper.
Thanks Emma. I agree about the head - it was difficult to choose a totally in focus shot as he was racing round and also a lot of the shots included furniture. He isn't very keen on playing with a kong without a treat in it but put a fishy treat inside and he will chase round with it until he gets it out:).

Back