weekly Sparrow's 52, 2016 -Week 38 and 39 metal reshoot and big added

Ha ha - he's having fun alright, definitely Happy. Nice one Liz.
Thanks Carl.

He certainly looks very relaxed and happy ...well caught for the theme Liz.
Thanks Susie

A great capture, my dog does something very similar, we call it the molly shuffle, and I know how difficult it is to catch the moment. Well done, fits the theme perfectly.
Thanks Steve. He has a great time with a treat in a kong. I like 'molly shuffle' :)

Lovely dog and nicely captured he /she certainly looks happy it’s great to watch them play our pepper has the same toy everything else she has destroyed apart from this one(y)

Thanks Michael. He loves his kong when it has a treat inside, not very interested without one but they are great toys all our previous dogs have loved them.

Happy - Really like this make me smile seeing him enjoying himself

Hi Liz, thanks for popping into my thread. I'm still catching up but couldn't resist peeping in here and you've made a great start to the year.

I like your subject for "Old", they look well worn and probably feel like a pair of old friends. The vice for "Metal" is bang on theme with lovely colour and textures too; it would probably be a great subject from a variety of angles. In fact, you've chosen great subjects for all of your shots! :clap: In "Captive" Jack's eager expression and bright eyes show how keen he is to get out, the colours and details in the circuit board for "Miniature" are fascinating and well captured, and any doggy owner knows the body language in "Happy". As already noted, it looks just a smidge out of focus but still conveys the theme very well.

I'll be following your thread and looking forward to more. Good luck with your 52 :)

Definitely fits the Happy Theme good choice
Thanks Minx:)

Happy - this he must be! Works well for the theme, although as a capture getting more / some eye contact would be great. Sure we'll see some more shots of him in weeks to come - I hope so!
Thanks Paul. Yes, I can see what you mean about eye contact and as mentioned by others the focus could be better. I had a difficult time choosing a shot as furniture appeared in most of them and his leaping and rolling about didn't help :LOL::LOL: and 'yes' I am sure he will appear again, he is a fantastic little dog and certainly makes his presence felt:LOL:

Happy - Really like this make me smile seeing him enjoying himself
Thanks Mark. He is a great little dog.

Hi Liz, thanks for popping into my thread. I'm still catching up but couldn't resist peeping in here and you've made a great start to the year.

I like your subject for "Old", they look well worn and probably feel like a pair of old friends. The vice for "Metal" is bang on theme with lovely colour and textures too; it would probably be a great subject from a variety of angles. In fact, you've chosen great subjects for all of your shots! :clap: In "Captive" Jack's eager expression and bright eyes show how keen he is to get out, the colours and details in the circuit board for "Miniature" are fascinating and well captured, and any doggy owner knows the body language in "Happy". As already noted, it looks just a smidge out of focus but still conveys the theme very well.

I'll be following your thread and looking forward to more. Good luck with your 52 :)

Thanks Andrea for your kind comments and for taking the time to go through all my photographs.
I certainly hope I can stay the course and complete the full year, I am really enjoying the challenge so far.:) Liz

That's a great find Liz and a nice shot too. Plenty of points of interest to keep a viewer occupied and lovely colours.

Well, your abandoned is definitely on topic! The new building at the top left is a distraction for me though and I'd have been tempted to change the perspective to remove it, perhaps get even closer to those old doors and windows for effect. Nice and sharp though and I like the colours.

Hello Liz

Happy - fits the theme, dog certainly looks happy with his toy, Abandoned is good too, like the warmness of the brick even though the building are run down.

HI Liz

Really like Abandoned some nice details and great colours

Keep up the good work

Hi Liz,

Happy - he certainly looks like he's enjoying himself.

Abandoned - lots of interest in the picture, I actually like the newer building in the background, makes me wonder why that building so close is well kept but this one is so run down. I can see what others are saying about getting closer though.

Hi Liz

For a story and the theme, I think you've nailed it. The juxtaposition of the abandoned redbrick house next to a new, well-maintained white house behind really highlights the sense of dilapidation and abandonment. The only thing I find with this sort of shot - and I've struggled with similar shots including an attempt at Abandoned which I didn't use - is how to grab the viewer with this sort of scene. I'm afraid I don't know the answer - but I think part of the challenge in this sort of image is there's a lot to take in. Where does the eye settle? Two doorways, some windows, a boarded-up bit, detritus outside, the nice house behind... it's all very busy and keeps the eyes moving around the image a lot.

Where it leaves me is with me thinking, "I like this, it's interesting..." rather than "wow". Not all shots have to be "wow" of course, but I wonder what could change this from a good/interesting image into a "wow" one?

I'm not wanting to be critical for the sake of it - and I also don't have an answer! - but I like this one... and just wonder how it could be taken to the next level?

Hi liz. The post below summed up what I would like to have said but couldnt put it into words :)

Gaz

Hi Liz

For a story and the theme, I think you've nailed it. The juxtaposition of the abandoned redbrick house next to a new, well-maintained white house behind really highlights the sense of dilapidation and abandonment. The only thing I find with this sort of shot - and I've struggled with similar shots including an attempt at Abandoned which I didn't use - is how to grab the viewer with this sort of scene. I'm afraid I don't know the answer - but I think part of the challenge in this sort of image is there's a lot to take in. Where does the eye settle? Two doorways, some windows, a boarded-up bit, detritus outside, the nice house behind... it's all very busy and keeps the eyes moving around the image a lot.

Where it leaves me is with me thinking, "I like this, it's interesting..." rather than "wow". Not all shots have to be "wow" of course, but I wonder what could change this from a good/interesting image into a "wow" one?

I'm not wanting to be critical for the sake of it - and I also don't have an answer! - but I like this one... and just wonder how it could be taken to the next level?

I agree that the white rendered building is a little distracting, but the image is bang on theme.

That's a great find Liz and a nice shot too. Plenty of points of interest to keep a viewer occupied and lovely colours.
Thanks Carl:)

Well, your abandoned is definitely on topic! The new building at the top left is a distraction for me though and I'd have been tempted to change the perspective to remove it, perhaps get even closer to those old doors and windows for effect. Nice and sharp though and I like the colours.
Thanks Ian for taking a look and for good advice much appreciated:)

Happy - fits the theme, dog certainly looks happy with his toy, Abandoned is good too, like the warmness of the brick even though the building are run down.
Thanks Lee:)

Really like Abandoned some nice details and great colours
Thanks Mark:)

Hi Liz ...well that building certainly fits the topic, I'm inclined to agree that getting in closer and omitting the building on the left would make it better, there's some excellent detail in your shot but it gets a bit lost.

Abandoned - lots of interest in the picture, I actually like the newer building in the background, makes me wonder why that building so close is well kept but this one is so run down. I can see what others are saying about getting closer though.

Hi liz. The post below summed up what I would like to have said but couldnt put it into words :)

Hi Liz

I agree that the white rendered building is a little distracting, but the image is bang on theme.

Thank you very much everyone for taking a look and your kind comments and good advice, it really is very helpful to receive feedback. I can see what you all mean and will post another shot I took from a different angle. It was a toss up between the two on which I should post originally:)

Very clever. That works a treat. Like the light lots of detail captured and no blown hightlights.

Gaz

Excellent pick for the theme and nicely carried out :)

Hi Liz.
Great shot for Abandoned and one of the few not in B&W :) (y) on getting the important verticals vertical too.
Camouflage - Nicely on theme and well lit. Well done for not getting any blown highlights on the coins, the square crop works well for this one.

Hi Liz.

Abandoned - Having originally thought I'd have tried to clone out the white house, I like the revisited photo best.
Camouflage - Good idea and a nicely detailed shot.

Nicely lit and well camouflaged amidst that coinage. Good work Liz - like it.

Abandoned works very well nice detail nice to see this in colour spot on
Camouflage clever idea works very well (y)

Back