weekly Sparrow's 52, 2016 -Week 38 and 39 metal reshoot and big added

Lovely countryside Liz - looks a long walk. The road bending out of line of sight creates a sense of mystery for the viewer. Like it.

Hi Liz, that's a nice image and definitely on theme for Vast. I might like a touch more of the road in the shot - I'm not sure? But well taken and some lovely light falling across the landscape - it looks like sunset is on its way over to the left?

Hi, I am with Paul a bit more of the road would have been nice but regardless s nice clean shot of the landscape

Horizontal - great colours and textures an interesting shot
Vast - Lovely view I want to follow the road round the corner to see whats there

Lovely countryside Liz - looks a long walk. The road bending out of line of sight creates a sense of mystery for the viewer. Like it.

Looks like a lovely place to be Liz. I love the way the fence leads you right into the image.

Hi, nicely composed image for Vast. Looks a lovely place to walk.

Really nice composition. :)

Horizontal - great colours and textures an interesting shot
Vast - Lovely view I want to follow the road round the corner to see whats there

Hi, I am with Paul a bit more of the road would have been nice but regardless s nice clean shot of the landscape

Hi Liz, that's a nice image and definitely on theme for Vast. I might like a touch more of the road in the shot - I'm not sure? But well taken and some lovely light falling across the landscape - it looks like sunset is on its way over to the left?

Hi Liz that countryside looks as if it stretches for miles, perfect for Vast. I like the inclusion of the posts and the road, it leads you on a journey ...a really nice composition.

Nice image where's me walking boots.

Thanks everyone. The view is across the Dee Estuary from the Wirral side and it is indeed a very nice walk. However, I have to confess the walk isn't as remote as it looks there is a very nice farmhouse cafe just around the bend :) :).

Certainly looks Rough Liz. Good choice and composition with those angled textured lines. Not a big fan of HDR and besides, don't have a clue how, why and when to apply it so cannot comment on the process. Good for you trying out new techniques.

Ahha, it was done with HDR was it? My first guess was winding the sharpening slider all the way to the right..
A very interesting effect and certainly brings out the roughness of the wood (y)
I think that is an appropriate use of the processing techniques.

Rough - the effect really suits the theme, great picture

Love the composition for Rough some really nice detail and textures too. The PP works for me

Certainly looks Rough Liz. Good choice and composition with those angled textured lines. Not a big fan of HDR and besides, don't have a clue how, why and when to apply it so cannot comment on the process. Good for you trying out new techniques.

Nice composition and the b & w works well.

Ahha, it was done with HDR was it? My first guess was winding the sharpening slider all the way to the right..
A very interesting effect and certainly brings out the roughness of the wood (y)
I think that is an appropriate use of the processing techniques.

love the texture in your 'rough' shot and that you used B&W.

Thanks everyone :)

Rough - the effect really suits the theme, great picture

Nice and tight in the frame with OTT detail. (y)

Love the composition for Rough some really nice detail and textures too. The PP works for me

I don't usually like HDR but it works really well there Liz, it certainly emphasizes the texture in the wood.....excellent choice for the theme.

I think the BG needs separation from main subject, to give it a bit of contrast nicely on theme tho.:)
Yes, I can see what you mean about the background - thanks Walter:)

Your processing is very in your face - but certainly shouts out the texture in this case.

Thanks everyone:)

Nicely in focus blossom Liz.
Colourful too :)

Nicely in focus blossom Liz.
Colourful too :)
Thanks Cobra:)

The blossom is beatiful at the moment isn't it Liz .....super shot of those lovely massed flowers.
Thanks Susie. They so quickly disappear - just a few faded flowers left now.

Good shot for Colourful (oh bugger ;) )
Seriously though, nicely sharp, on theme and I think the instagram crop suits it.
:) Thanks Tim:)

Covered, on theme, slightly underexposed and I suspect they were a bit more colourful, but nice detail and fills the frame.
Thanks Andy:)

Beautiful Liz - like that it fills the full frame. :clap:
Thank you Carl:)

Hi Liz, I'm less of a fan of rough as it feels too artificial to me, but I appreciate why you wanted to try it and it's always good to give things a go.
Covered is very pretty - some nice light there. (y)
Thanks Paul:)

Hi Liz very nice image for Covered lovely details and colours
Thanks Mark:)

I love the light on those upper blooms - very pretty.
Thanks Emma :)

Plenty of colour there Liz, that's for sure!

Very Colourful Liz one of my ideas was to go down to our local canal basin but never got there

Very colourful Liz. I think Id have pumped the iso up a bit and gone with a smaller aperture to try to get more of the shot in sharp focus, but that's only a minor quibble (and when you're looking on the back of the camera as opposed to a screen it's going to be hard to appreciate exactly what the DoF was).

Judging from where you must be (assuming that this marina is local to you), then you've got a great shot for 'entrance' just down the canal too. it's a long time since I've been there, but getting the lift silhouetted against a morning or evening sky would be very impressive.

Back