weekly Sparrow's 52, 2016 -Week 38 and 39 metal reshoot and big added

Spiky - I like the juxtaposition of the man-made & natural spikes! My only crit is that as a shot, it's very busy and the barbed wire gets a little lost in the shot with so much going on. I think the B&W / silhouettes work very well.

Hi Liz, you definitely found a very spiky subject for this theme! I like the way you've found two spiky subjects in the same place, and also composed them against the sky so they stand out well. B&W works well in this regard, too (y)

Hi Liz I like the way you've framed this one up ....black and white is perfect choice, it really works well for the theme.

Thanks Andrea and Susie:)

Spiky - I like the juxtaposition of the man-made & natural spikes! My only crit is that as a shot, it's very busy and the barbed wire gets a little lost in the shot with so much going on. I think the B&W / silhouettes work very well.

Thanks Matt for taking a look and observations, I take your point about being a bit overcrowded, it was a very tangled hedge with only a few clear spots so difficult to find a less busy view, which I agree would probably have been better:)

Last edited:
I really like the b&w treatment of spiky and the nature vs man going on - good find! I feel there's not really a strong focal point for my eye to settle on - but a good shot anyway :)

Thanks Emma :)

Ooh - I like this one a lot Liz! Wonderful light on the pearls and the black background works perfectly. I like the point of view from above as well. The texture on the fabric of the box is great against the smoothness of the necklace - it is a pity that the pearls are not in sharp focus - but to be honest I love it anyway :)

Hi
Sorry about the delay in commenting
All your photos are lovely and clear & sharp and on theme. Particularly like your camouflage pic, dealing with all those shiny objects. Also the pearls, great contrast in colours and good black background.

I agree, a great take on the theme Liz. Nice composition and good lighting - all works together really well. :clap:

Very good photo and well lit, it's nice the way the pearls spill out of the box. I might have gone for a lower angle.

Artificial is great Liz, good controlled lighting and the arrangement is good too.

That works very well Liz, nicely presented and captured (y)

Nicely composed, lit and shot. There's something seriously beautiful about it too. :)

Ooh - I like this one a lot Liz! Wonderful light on the pearls and the black background works perfectly. I like the point of view from above as well. The texture on the fabric of the box is great against the smoothness of the necklace - it is a pity that the pearls are not in sharp focus - but to be honest I love it anyway :)

Really good Liz... a super idea and really well shot for me. A very tricky object to light and I think you've done exceptionally well. The pearls and box have texture, shape and it all feels just right. Brilliant!

Hi
Sorry about the delay in commenting
All your photos are lovely and clear & sharp and on theme. Particularly like your camouflage pic, dealing with all those shiny objects. Also the pearls, great contrast in colours and good black background.

I agree, a great take on the theme Liz. Nice composition and good lighting - all works together really well. :clap:

Thank you very much everyone for your lovely comments:)

Nice POV, black surface and detail.

Very good photo and well lit, it's nice the way the pearls spill out of the box. I might have gone for a lower angle.

Artificial is great Liz, good controlled lighting and the arrangement is good too.

That works very well Liz, nicely presented and captured (y)

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments they are very much appreciated.

Very nicely done Liz ...great choice of subject, and excellent composition..suits the theme perfectly.

Works for me too. Great subject.

Nicely composed, lit and shot. There's something seriously beautiful about it too. :)

An excellent idea for the theme, Liz, and beautifully lit to bring out the details. Nice black background, too (y)

Very nice image nicely setup and lit

Thanks everyone for your kind comments they are very much appreciated :)

Very nicely done Liz.
Enough light to show off the pearls, but not not much to lose any details.

Good subject and lovely light for personal.

I agree, good subject well lit, it stands out well against the graduated background

Hi Liz. Simple composition and nice vibrant colours - certainly Personal. :clap:

Back