Spartacus’s 52s (continued) Week 52 Texture

Excellent shots....prefer No1 ..just :clap:

Marcus, it's so hard to choose :thinking:

I love #1 because the DoF is fantastic and gives a surreal effect :love:

#2 is a great perspective and looks as though you were holding a magnifying glass over the top but the lens flare is a teensy bit distracting.

But I still can't decide :nono: :clap::clap::clap::clap: young man

So it was another easy week...:D

well so I thought till I realised that not any subject is suitable for a low angle...:razz:

I’ve taken 50 shots just today, and only 3 made the grade as far as I could see...:eek:

So this has turned out to be quite a tough one for me to make it look even slightly interesting...:thinking:

And as I feel I can’t put you through another (I can’t make up my mind week) I’ve gone with this one, and as you can see from the lighting and angle it was pretty much the last shots I’ve took today, guess that’s how it happens sometimes...:shrug:

So I’m going with this shot ...so you can imagine what ended up in the rubbish bin...:LOL:

LowDown1.jpg

Bubbles, 2nd shot for me I love the impact it creates. (y)

Low Down, this was a much harder week than I first thought, your shot fits the theme though so don't be too hard on yourself. My only niggle is that the sun is a bit close to the middle of the frame for me, which blocks the eye as it moves through the picture! (Sound like I know what I'm talking about don't I...... shame I don't).:LOL:

Well this certainly works very well, love it! :clap: (y)
Although yes, thirds woulda been slightly better - but I won't complain :D

I love it. Love the light and shadows on the pavement. Makes it a really interesting photo (y)

As someone who's posted more than one shot for the last few weeks, I have no problem at all with you having a "can't make your mind up week" and posting a couple of images.
And you're being far too hard on yourself. You might have found it a tough week, but look what you ended up with!

I love it :clap: :clap: :clap:
I genuinely think it's a beautiful shot. Love the contrast and reflections on the cobbles and the silhouetted fence leading into the shot.
Gorgeous colours in the sky and I actually like the low sun and the sun beam coming into the foreground.

One and only one slight niggle is that you've lost a bit of the chain from the fence where it crosses the sun. . . and that really is very picky of me.

Well done Marcus (y) it's spot on theme and has worked very well.

Fantastic shot. Would be rapt with that myself. I love the colour of the sky, the pattern of the chain fence and the awesome texture of the cobblestones.

I agree with Kiwi Jaz - I like it a lot for exactly the same reasons. Very atmospheric.

I love this shot :love:

The detail on the cobbles, the colour of the sky, the way the railing lead your eye to the right. Teeniest niggle is the loss of a couple of the links in the chain, but that's just being picky too. :clap::clap::clap:

Just catching up. :)

Bubbles: The second one is fabulous - a absolutely love it. The colours, composition - everything - in fact work really well. :clap::clap:

Low Down: The angle, colours and light on the cobbles are great. I agree with the comment about the missing links, but that's just a small niggle and doesn't spoil the overall effect. Well done. (y)

Jean

What a terrible theme this was for week 44...:razz:

I really struggled to come up with anything that even went half way to get the theme right...:help:

So this is a very tenuous link to the subject...:shrug:

I’ve managed to have few days holiday this week with my other half, and yesterday was a day out with a difference. It was a dull and rainy day but we still went out for a drive to somewhere we’ve not been to before and only being just over I hour away decided to go for it...:shrug:

So here you have it...my Doom and Gloom...

DoomandGloom.jpg

For those who can’t see the connection...

The crabs were in the pots and were surely Doomed...

And the Gloom is from the character Doc Martin...

Yes I know it’s not so clever, but it’s the only shot I’m likely to put in for this...

Roll on next week’s theme; at least I’m still on track with these 52s...
I’ve added in some extra information for those wishing to find out more of this lovely village and Doc Martin...

http://www.thisisnorthcornwall.com/port_isaac.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...on-show-Doc-Martin-causes-village-uproar.html

I'm in no position to talk about whether a photo fitted the theme or not this week :LOL: So all I'll say is I like this a lot (y)

You take such beautiful photographs :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm not sure that it would have said "Doom and Gloom" to me without the explanation, but they really are 3 gorgeous images and I love the way that you've arranged them. It's got a real postcard feel to it.

The shot of the crabs in the pot is spot on. I particularly like the oof cage in the foreground and the cottage shot is lovely and crisp.

For an uninspiring week, very well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

Low Down : Really like the path/bridge and the sky part. Not sure about the sun element - pity you couldn't wait till it had gone down a little further nearer the horizon.

Doom and Gloom : SarahLee said it all!

Low Down : nicely composed, the fence naturally flows through the photo, maybe feels a bit heavy....perhaps a little less stone and a bit more sky....when I crop off the bottom left stone it just feels a bit lighter...!

Doom & Gloom : 3 for the price of 1 ;)....liking the crab shot a lot...I do like the way you've composed them against the black framing... but would prefer to see each individual photo having the same thickness border....

oh I know....I know....I'm picky :)

What a horrible theme this week... you got something to show for it Marcus. I wouldn't have got the connection without the explanation, but I do really like what you've done and how you've put the shots together. (y)

your bubbles and low down are fantastic. although your doom and gloom shots are great I cant really see the doom or the gloom sorry. :(

I like the take, but I'm struggling to tie it to the theme. Sod it, it doesn't matter - Good photo anyway ;)

Doesn't really convey the theme to me, even after the explanation, but I like the photos and the arrangement very much.

Oh dear there seems to a few people unable to make the connection with my Doom & Gloom...theme...:thinking:

In a nut shell....

Doom...Crabs in a pot...:(

Gloom... Doc Martin....:annoyed:

If you have not seen the programme Doc Martin is a miserable Sod all the time...hence why I photographed the location where it was filmed...:nuts:

Time was against me this week, and so was any good ideas that were possible will my time and skill levels....:D

The first one was always on the cards for me as I’m surrounded by safety signs in my place of work...:eek:

Communication.jpg

The second one...:bang: when you get a song in your head and it just won’t go away, so here you have message in a bottle...

Messageinabottle.jpg

Only 7 more to go...:banana:

Well done - another bargain week with two shots, both on theme.

#1 That sounds like a scary work place! Good shot though, with lots to look at, well lit well displayed. (y)

#2 This made me smile. The lighting looks very bright (sun? where?) but the shadows have held well. I can't decide whether the slightly blown areas of the bottle are because of the sun reflecting off it or because of the paper inside. But it's a very small niggle and doesn't spoil the shot. :clap:

Jean

Great interpretation! Never thought of the old message in a bottle myself! Not so sure about the first one :thinking: but the second one is bang on (y)

Very good interpritation. Prefer shot No 2 as an idea and would love to see that idea developed further :clap:

Very good Marcus. I like both shots, but the bottle wins out. There's something extra in there (not the message ;)) that's lacking in the signs... (y)

I love your low down - not too worries about the missing links I simply love the way you've composed the shot and captured the light on the cobbles

Doom and Gloom - hmmm this one doesn't hit theme for me :) well it does once youve explained it I guess :) (I don't watch Doc Martin :)) I like the shots individually though and credit for creating the overall image (not sure I'm technically adept enought to do that myslef :))

Communication: #2 all the way for me :) although colours and creation of #1 is clever #2 for its simplicity and message (in a bottle) strikes me as really clever :)

#2 shame it was nt a nice green glass bottle....maybe mono treatment here? probably a few more bottles down on the beach now after the weekend storms too :)

#1 why is there 415 volts between the man and woman? :D done really well to control all the white balances and/or process them to the same "white" for the montage...

Communication #1 : Where do you work ?????? Looks like a dangerous place ;)
I like the concept - loads going on and plenty to look at but it's overshadowed by No.2 for me.

Communication #2 : Brilliant idea. Another one I would never have thought of.
I love the colours and texture in the seaweed and there's brilliant detail in the sand. :clap:

Like them both - plastic bottle doesn't quite seem 100% appropriate but other than that well thought out, and well taken.

Well sorry to inflict this on you but ran out of time this week thinking it would be easy....:razz:

I had some idea’s that were not ever going to work so in the end finished with a boring shot, still got it in and that’s what counts in the end...:LOL:

Self.jpg

"Have you seen these eyes ?" :LOL: ....Nicely done Marcus. Interesting framing, but it's worked well. Clear, defined and detailed (y)

Back