Spartacus’s 52s (continued) Week 52 Texture

Name
Marcus
Edit My Images
Yes
First of all many thanks to all who have been so kind to me and have given me such nice positive feedback on my 52s so far.

Last week was a real nightmare to get my shot in and I must say I came close to finishing the 52s.:(

I don’t like to let people down and was feeling I couldn’t put in the time or effort that others put in every week. :crying:

But when I see the fantastic shots you’ve done over the weeks, I can’t help but want to be part of it...:clap:

So I’m going to put last week behind me and try to find some extra time and give it my best shot again...(y)

And what a week to make the effort on...Highlight...:razz:

I managed to get a few hours to myself and was racking my brain for ideas but nothing come to mind then I noticed the only place we get any sort of natural light when the weathers dull and rainy was the bathroom. So had a play around with different things and ended up with this shot...

It’s not perfect by a long way but it fits in with the theme and I got to say it has grown on me...

It sort of feels abstract but is very obvious what it is.

newhighlight2.jpg

Good luck to every one of you Brilliant 52s...we are over the half way mark...phew...

Last edited:
Oh I do like this veryvery much!

Don't give up, I know how you feel and I was the same for the last week. This shot this week proves why not to give up, really like it (y) :clap:

Well for someone who is lacking inspiration to keep going, this is a damn fine effort. I too would have given up many times over if it wasn't for the support that fellow tp'ers have given me over the course of the year.

Keep up the good work.

Mark(y)

Don't give up now.
I've been looking back over your other thread and there are some great photos there. I'm too new to this to have got to the "I'm tired of this" stage, but I'm sure I've got weeks like that to come too.

FWIW I still think that you were too harsh on yourself about your "night" shot, I thought that it really had something about it . . . and this week, what can I say? It doesn't look like the work of somebody lacking inspiration. I like . . . very much in fact !

Sorry you've had such a bad week. I'm glad you decided to carry on because you've contributed some fabulous shots to the 52 and given loads of encouragement to the rest of us - many thanks for that. :)

Take encouragement from the fact that even in a difficult week with no time, and struggling for inspiration you still came up with an intriguing shot. I've gone back and looked at it several times and I really like it. As you said - it's clearly a tap, but not quite as we usually know it. Very clever - and beautifully presented. :clap::clap:

Have fun with Fun. :)

Jean

Chin up Marcus, we've all had those weeks, and I'm sure in the second half of the year we'll have them again. It's the encouragement of you all that's kept me going at times.

As for this shot, I know exactly what I'm looking at, and yet... there's something so different about it that makes it very interesting. I really like it.

Aaaaaw Marcus :hug:

We all have weeks like that. I've had a least three that I can remember, including this one and your picture is much, much better than mine. I mean, much, much better. Almost abstract but still recognisable :clap::clap::clap: And it looks perfect to me ;)

You are always so generous with your support of me and the rest of us 52ers that we would miss you hugely if you weren't around and we would miss your cracking shots too :D

It's the support of everyone here that keeps me going, and a good photograph doesn't have to take a lot of time or effort, it's the brain work that this challenge causes that usually takes more time than the picture itself, as you've ably demonstrated. So here's to the next 25 :woot::woot::woot:

(See, only 25 :LOL:)

Marcus - stick in there mate :) Its all good and its all fun :) (I'm now thinking end of year 52s meet up :))

I started my 52 with taps and you've started part 2 with taps :) Good B&W vaguely abstract and interesting to view (all good in my book :D) Shame about the white rectangle bottom right but otherwise vunderbar :)

Glad you're sticking with us :)

Marcus - stick in there mate :) Its all good and its all fun :) (I'm now thinking end of year 52s meet up :))

I started my 52 with taps and you've started part 2 with taps :) Good B&W vaguely abstract and interesting to view (all good in my book :D) Shame about the white rectangle bottom right but otherwise vunderbar :)

Glad you're sticking with us :)

I can only agree with Dark Star ;)

Whats all this cobblers about letting people down? I know we are a group but this is your project and it is supposed to be fun. I really admire you for getting your shot in - I have fallen behind twice now with life getting in the way so you certainly havn't let me down! Seriously - don't feel like you have to prove anything to anyone else - as long as you are doing your best with the time you do have and are progressing then you are meeting the brief imo.

Marcus, out of nothing, a photograph. I like this, I like the metallic highlights, I like that I know exactly what it is but cant make out all of it, I have to read between the lines to make out texture and shape and I kind of enjoy the pic for that.

I really, really hope you don't give up on us, I always look out for you critique on my 52, always bold and brave, never afraid to tell me if I miss the mark. Always kind but measured with your praise if I hit the spot, I enjoy you pics, your take on the theme, your view of the world and the crit you leave for others has always been worth reading.

How great would an end of year meet be?

See you there...

Many thanks for the lovely support from last week’s theme, I must admit I was on a bit of a downer and couldn’t get back in to the 52s.

The weathers been a bit rubbish at times so I had to grab whatever caught my eye, and this was a rare opportunity for a fun shot on the beach.

So here it is my fun shot on the beach...

funonthebeach2.jpg

I thought of turning it to B&W because of the bland sky but left it as it was...what do you think?

Last edited:
Ahh beach cricket, it doesn't get more competitive, I mean fun than that:naughty:. I like the shot and can live with the sky. There's a lot of tactics going on in that game, who won:shrug:

I like this shot, a busy pic with lots going on, the sun turning the figures into matchstick men....I keep going back to it and finding something new :clap::clap:

I like this shot, a busy pic with lots going on, the sun turning the figures into matchstick men....I keep going back to it and finding something new :clap::clap:

I agree. :) Top marks for getting a random grouping of indistinct, backlit people to look so great. :) I'd be thrilled if it was mine - and it's a good illustration of how breaking rules can work really well. :clap::clap::clap:

:agree: very well done Marcus. (y)

I agree too :D

I love the panoramic effect and I think the bland sky helps keep the focus on the participants, plus, you´ve got lots of detail in the foreground too :clap::clap::clap:

End of year meet - do you think I´m made of money? :cautious: :LOL:
I´m already going to the October convention, which, if I´ve got my calculations right, is week 39, threequarters of the way through, so I´m hoping to see some of you there.

That composition reminds me of something else I've seen recently but I just can't think where. . . I'm sure that it'll come to me eventually.
Wherever it was, I do remember being impressed by it and you've captured whatever it had in your shot.

At the risk of repeating what's already been said - every time you look there seems to be something else going on to catch your eye. Very well done :clap:

I love this shot, it really suits being a banner as well!! Good colours and I think it is better for not being B&W.

well done :clap::clap:

I agree too :D

I love the panoramic effect and I think the bland sky helps keep the focus on the participants, plus, you´ve got lots of detail in the foreground too :clap::clap::clap:

I could have sworn that I'd already commented on this one but obviously not!!

I agree with Bruja and think that the composition is very strong.

Fun is ace :) So much going on and so well formatted :) Highlights for me are the guy far left with his hand up :) and the fact that they are all wearing what appears to be the same type of hat :D

Like it :clap:!

Well this week I’m back to being all over the place, seems like I have a problem with saying no...:(

I can’t help myself helping out friends and family so my time is not my own at the moment once more...:eek:

I’m sorry not to have commented on most of your 52s for a while but I will back on track as soon as I can...:shake:

This week I didn’t have a easy subject to hand, so have put in one I took this Saturday...yes it was my first DSLR wedding, I’ve done two before with the old 35mm camera but this was something else...:nuts:

We had fantastic weather on Saturday which is always a good thing for a wedding.

This couple were up for anything so after the formal shots we went for a short drive to a local beauty spot... as you can see nothing was too much trouble and they grabbed every photo opportunity they could...:LOL:

Oh and don’t be afraid to ask people if they will let you use their ice cream van for a photo shot...;)

So here you have it my Easy and friendly Newly Wed’s...

Wedding01.jpg

And don’t worry I did some normal wedding stuff.....(y)

Oh I really like this :clap::clap::clap:

They look really easy with each other and you´ve got the exposure spot on (y)

I also know what you mean about saying no :(

It doesn´t come easy to me but I´ve had to steel myself to do it sometimes.

Fun shot made me smile mate, loads to keep the eye entertained there.

Easy shot is really good too, take my hat off to you for getting this, firstly for doing a wedding in the first place and secondly for asking to borrow an ice cream van as a prop, superb.

A clever and well thought out shot Marcus, I agree with Hyster... excellent.

I'm amazed by the number of interpretations on the theme and this is another great idea. And if there is a better example of don't ask don't get, I'm yet to find it. :clap:
Mark

Hello Marcus!

Heehee! That's a great, fun, shot. :clap::clap:
Brilliant idea, sometimes it pays to be cheeky! I hope you got an ice cream too!(y)
--
Owen

Nice one, that is definitely an unsual easy shot, but it meets the theme and is a good clear shot!!

well done!!:clap::clap:

Last edited:
Well week 30 at times I never thought I would still be here...:(

This week has been a much easier week for time and idea’s so please allow me to enter two shots as I just can’t decide the one I really like...:thinking:

The first one was only made a short time ago so it’s still growing on me...but that said if fits the theme much more than the second one...

So here you have it my interpretations of colour...

colourshotabstract.jpg

The second one although I still like it, was just a little too conventional in the end... and I have reduced the size as to not infringe the rules too much...:LOL:

Colourshotwithboarder.jpg

I’m so glad I stuck with the 52s and once more many thanks for your support for me to keep going...I thank you all...:clap::clap::clap:

absolutely cracking shots - brilliant!

The second shot is fine and fits the theme perfectly well but I really see what you mean about the first, excellent abstract shot.

No1 for me all the way Marcus.

I really like the first shot (the second one is great too!).
I am curious though..what is the first shot of?

I'm struggling to decide between these two, for the same reason that I couldn't decide between Jean's two shots.
Both work well but for totally different reasons.

Love the colourful abstract feel of No.1 but No.2 is just so clear and crisp and I really like the shadow.
If I had to choose I think I'd go for the first one just because it's so unusual, but it's a very close call.

I'm so glad you decided to stay with the challenge, Marcus - and I can see why you can't chose between these two shots. Like Sarah, I love them both for different reasons - and I've had the same problem this week, so I do sympathise. It's one of the best problems to have, though. :LOL:

So, from me, 2 lots of (y)(y)(y)

and

:clap::clap::clap:

Jean

:LOL: :LOL: that Fun shot is a cracker :LOL: love it! How fab, and certainly having fun on their wedding day!

Colour #1 for me, and what a BRILLIANT shot it is, keep going back to it, absolutley fabulous! :clap: (y)

Back