Spotted a togger ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Rikki
Edit My Images
Yes
Then post their pic in here and lets see if anyone regognises them.....

I'm not sure if this will take off or not, but I thought it might be quite a good idea as it will get some peoples faces known. If its at a venue that gets frequented quite a lot by the same toggers, then it might help them get together......

Heres a bloke I saw today at Martin Mere nr Southport, anyone regognise him ?

P1140080.jpg

Spotted these chaps disappearing into the distance on the Wirral yesterday

IMG_7158.jpg

edit: long end of a cheap zoom lens + substantial crop, so excuse quality please :)

Spotted around Manchester today!

"Advanced CCTV methods have been introduced by Police in Manchester today, members of the public were outraged as photography in public places has supposedly been prohibited under the anti-terrorism act.
The double standard went from bad to worse after the policemen received several accusations of being peodophiles while taking photographs and video footage of passers by.
More on tonights 'News At Ten'."
:LOL:

7.JPG

Sorry I couldn't resist! Class photo purple!(y)

Last edited:
Excellent, looks like this could take off !!

This is a fella I saw yesterday at Moore Nature Reserve. Although he looks more like a gardener in this pic, he did have a camera with him and a long lens with camo covering on it !!

P1130996.jpg

Anyone else notice his lens is not attached properly?? :thinking:

....or he's left the tripod support ring loose, the silly bugger :D

Mine's loose...easier to hold underneath when it's not in the way ;)

I think I know who this is actually...after a bit of detective work..but I'll wait for confirmation before looking a fool! Oh, and whoever it is, cheers for the idea of going up inside MMSU!! :p

Anyone else notice his lens is not attached properly?? :thinking:

....or he's left the tripod support ring loose, the silly bugger :D

That tripod ring is the biggest PITA if you're not using a tripod so I can understand why he's stuck it up to one side. I've removed mine completely as I hardly ever use it with a tripod.

I'm in one of them!! I'm the guy with the blue shirt!

And my lens is attatched fine, the tripiod ring isn't loose either, I just move it around slightly and tighten it so that my fingers don't get caught when I use the zoom ring :D

The reason i'v not removed it completely is sometimes it comes in handy when you want to rest the camera on a wall or something. Plus it's a good handle hehe.

I remember seeing all of those people in Manchester too, and those police cameramen/togs :D

Last edited:
I'm in one of them!! I'm the guy with the blue shirt!

And my lens is attatched fine, the tripiod ring isn't loose either, I just move it around slightly and tighten it so that my fingers don't get caught when I use the zoom ring :D

I knew it!!! :D:LOL:

1 match so far!!

You shoulda come and talked to me, I think I vaguely remember seeing you taking that photo of me, don't remember what you look like i'm afriad :(

Oh and yeah the MMSU stairs were a good idea, bad reflections from the window so no descent shots from there :(

Last edited:
I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I got back....thought you might be there and matched your kit from your signature!

I was in the green tshirt and grey jeans, suffering a shockingly bad hair day!

Apparently Royal Mail staff are protesting on Monday.....

lol

Sorry don't remember seeing ya.

What are they protesting? And where/what time? In Sheffield on Monday but might check it out depending on the time.

Lol no worries...

The M.E.N website has reported about 1000 of them, probably over the usual overworked/underpaid! Apparently it is kicking off in the morning, however that'd be an improvement on any postal service I've ever had :LOL:

Both at an athletics meet in Loughborough (LIA 2008)

Tog 1.jpg

Tog 2.jpg

Does anyone know the right way to hold a camera these days? No wonder there's so many lenses/bodies with IS being released :LOL:

Looks like she's on safari!

This is a 4 year old tog I spotted at home.

2876946948_b9e8a58924_o.jpg

No pic, but there was a guy today with camera & tripod set up at Frensham little pond in Farnham. Looked like he meant business! I didn't have my camera with me.

I walked around BTCC Silverstone & Brands Hatch with a White Talk Photography Baseball cap on & nobody spotted me :(

(Joe T doesn't count, he was with me at Silverstone & called me a TPF pimp :LOL: )

ah man, seeing as nobody has been spotted thus far... who are these guys ;)

jlmlsk3.jpg

I spotted this guy on saturday evening, me and a friend were taking shots of the sunset from the sea wall, on the way back up we spotted the bike and very quickly took a snap, still on my unchanged settings :thinking: (hence the blur)

Anyway as I took the 1st shot he whipped his camera out, so there is a pic of me and my pal lurking somewhere :D

2883524726_2732e74f8e.jpg

Anyone? :wave:

Here's anther one I got, this was back earlier this year in Nottingham, he was taking photos of the Nottingham Eye, well so was I at the time but turned and saw him so I shot him too......

100_1012copy.jpg

I'm really quite surprised that only 1 member here has been identified.

The first ever togger I togged, turned out to be pikeman from here !!

I'd have thought that of what, 20 odd shots here, 3 or 4 would have been identified....

JPS, the tog in your pic looks vaguely familiar, despite being in Nottingham when I'm from Warrington. I just get the feeling I've seen him before....

LOL - me and Ukaskew worked out we were stood next to each other at Castle Coombe a couple of weeks back, when we both posted similar pics in the motorsport thread :D

Here's a fellow togger (Nikon user) in Southsea I snapped the other week if anyone wants to own up to being the being. Funny how togs just now and again randomly shoot fellow togs :LOL: Great idea for a sticky thread, spot the DSLR tog ;)

2883866987_4a68d90966_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back