weekly sr1867 ~ 52 ~ 2014 : Support ~ DONE ~ DUSTED ~ FINISHED ~ COMPLETE.

lovely job for play, DOF and focus point is absolutely spot on perfect. Lighting looks really good too with the shadows both sides of the player - just like a real stadium floodlights.

Only thing looks like you've lined up to the horizontals, which if they are running away from you - are not horizontal. Verticals are generally a better bet to line up with, like the goalposts here.

Nice well executed shot. Good lighting and the right DoF. I did one of these for the 2012 52 and found once I set the image up I just wanted to get on a play a game.

Cool idea and great compsition - that's something I've not seen in years - do they still make it?

Just had a look and you can still get them.
Although mine came from a shopping auction site after a drunken night talking about old games a couple of years ago and has lived in the loft ever since.

Thanks to everyone who has so far taken the time to offer kind words and advice.

I'm already finding myself taking more care with what I do with my shots and thats just in 3 weeks.

I actually did a similar shot to the play last year for weekly competition elsewhere and its like chalk and cheese I might post it as a comparison when i have 2 mins.

Really like this though it seems to tilt from left to right, perhaps straighten it up a little

Bit of a rush one this week as I wan't to try and keep up and I'm off to Madrid for a week :runaway:

A few changes in numbers and you could be going on a round-the-world trip, first class. As it is though, unlucky, clever picture though.

Love your play shot, it's pin sharp where it needs to be , close, very lol

Now that is close! :LOL: and unlucky :banghead:

Great image Simon :)

Play - can just hear the crowd cheering in the background!
Close - Very good for the theme. I would be so miffed if my numbers were that close!!

Hi Simon, great start to your 52 (y)
Line, as has been said, well lit showing all the detail in your palm.
Play, cracking POV bang on theme, 'nuff said ;)
Close, yes oh so close but not close enough, great take on the theme.

Hi, fits the theme, but as a picture not really doing it, sorry

I think this is a great one for the theme, lovely focus on the ticket, with the numbers on the screen in just enough detail....

It's staged right?? All the numbers being one out??

Hi simon

Play...as others have said , great POV & focus (y) just needs a slight ccw rotation to make it perfect

Close....how bloomin frustrating.........:crying:

Back