Star Trek - Picard

Interesting.......the Next Generation's 'Next Generation'

Good reason (?) to restart Prime next year???

I'll look forward to that - I didn't know it was coming. :)

As long as this thing feels like Star Trek I'll be extremely happy. I've kind of had enough of dark and depressing dystopian sci-fi of the last few years.

Last edited:
Picard let a Klingon on the bridge.................. need I say more :(

I rather liked the Star Trek Discovery series on Netflix but I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Picard is the ultimatre Star Trek Captain :)

Data and the Borg :) I'm in!

Is there going to be swearing in this one? I’m currently watching through the box set of voyager on Netflix and I remember watching one of the later series of Star Trek, not sure if it was called discovery but on one of the first episodes they dropped the f-bomb and I was totally stunned, it just felt completely wrong

Trailer looks good, I saw Michelle Hurd in it
Excellent actress, really good in a recent series called Blindspot

I thought it was very good, best Star Trek episode for a very long time.

I enjoyed it as well :)

It set the scene for a few intersecting plot lines that like all good series has elements of keeping the viewer wondering and guessing as to what will happen next.

I watched the trailer and I only watched the first episode, I hold back my option until I've watched more episodes or the whole season.

Sometimes the trailer would make it look great, but when you watch the whole movie or television show, you feel it is not what you expected. I prefer to wait until I've watched some more episodes or the whole season.

But I'll say one thing for sure: At latest, they have got the timeline done correctly. The destruction of Romulus by a supernova, mentioned in Star Trek (2009).

It's a shame that Star Trek: Discovery ruined it by making goofs.

I don't know, like I said I would have to watch the rest of the season, but I get the feeling that maybe Star Trek: Picard is paying attention to the continuity, unlike Star Trek: Discovery so I may like it a little more than Discovery,

I enjoyed the first episode, but it seemed only about three minutes long. :(

I think I'll save future episodes and watch them two or three at a time - 40 mins is way too short.

Is there going to be swearing in this one? I’m currently watching through the box set of voyager on Netflix and I remember watching one of the later series of Star Trek, not sure if it was called discovery but on one of the first episodes they dropped the f-bomb and I was totally stunned, it just felt completely wrong

2 f-bombs in episode 2. ;)

2 f-bombs in episode 2. ;)

Yes, for a series that is set so many centuries in the future you might have thought such an Anglo Saxon invective word would have been superseded by something more SciFi , maybe a Klingon word???

Yes, for a series that is set so many centuries in the future you might have thought such an Anglo Saxon invective word would have been superseded by something more SciFi , maybe a Klingon word???

Well it's been around for 500 years so it's not unreasonable for it to endure for a few hundred more.

We watched episode one and I have to say I was underwhelmed. The special effects seem better but other than that I found it seemed to be following modern woke trends and how come all the baddies can transport in and out firing weapons and killing people seemingly without detection or police / Starfleet involvement?

Maybe I'm just off... but after that first episode I really don't care. Mrs WW liked it so we'll watch the second when we get time.

So would I - IF Tori can pronounce it in a South Vulcan accent!

I'm loving it I must say.
An improvement on the previous 2 iterations.

I’ve just finished watching the voyager box set and seen the first two Picard episodes and I enjoyed it mostly, but I must admit I cringed a bit at the swearing. I work in a garage and it’s common place, I just always held Star Trek to a bit of a higher standard! :ROFLMAO:

We watched episode one and I have to say I was underwhelmed. The special effects seem better but other than that I found it seemed to be following modern woke trends and how come all the baddies can transport in and out firing weapons and killing people seemingly without detection or police / Starfleet involvement?

woke trends?

Loved the assimilation notice on the cube and cuddly Ewok toy in the bedroom in episode 2.

Having now watched Ep2......I can see some plot threads development.

It looks like it may be a slow burn with hopefully enough punctuation points and open ended questions to keep me/us watching.

Maybe still a bit early to tell but I will keep watching......... :)

Back