Stratford on Avon Film Meet?

Preferred date for a Stratford upon Avon film meet?

• Sat April 25

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Sun April 26

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sat May 2

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Sun May 3

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Mon May 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sat May 9

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Sun May 10

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I might be interested, depending on dates, although i would need to check bus/train as i'm carless at the minute... might even get me back in to shooting again, which would be really really really lovely

T, do the dates work out for you this year????

I might be interested in this, depending on whether I have a car at the time or not :LOL: Currently got my car up for sale so if I've still got it, or got a replacement then I might be able to, but not if I'm in that limbo stage between cars where I have to walk everywhere! Seems that a train ticket is £75 with 3-4 changes!

How did the car sale go, Carl? Do you still have it? More importantly, are you able to come?:wave::woot::beer::banana:

Nah they don't, I don't get many weekends away from the kiddies and they never tally with meets.. Disappointed as this would have been ace being much closer to me

Good stuff. See you on Saturday. (y)

Nah they don't, I don't get many weekends away from the kiddies and they never tally with meets.. Disappointed as this would have been ace being much closer to me
juggle the kids Trace .dust off the fillum camera and have a day out with us

juggle the kids Trace .dust off the fillum camera and have a day out with us

I have nobody to juggle them with.. Well it's just the youngest that's the issue, I've been using film a bit recently again so a day with you guys would have been great!

How did the car sale go, Carl? Do you still have it? More importantly, are you able to come?:wave::woot::beer::banana:

Well, when you wrote that the car sale was not going well at all, but since then it seems to have taken a turn for the better! Chap came down on the train to see it this morning and really liked it, so is coming back tomorrow with the cash to buy it. Not getting too excited yet though, until his dollars are in my pocket!

Then I just have to find a nice decent van to buy! So I'm still 50/50 on coming at the moment but I'll be able to say for definite in the next few days! :)

Two more days, plenty of time! See you there... :wave::)

Went to view a van last night but didn't get it in the end. Not totally sure why, but something just wasn't right with the paint work on one corner. Sat in the car afterwards for 20 minutes trying to make my mind up before thinking "if there's any doubt then there's no doubt at all" and walking away. Might be off to view another one tonight, so if that one's a bit better then there's a chance I can make the meet!

Better safe than sorry when buying a vehicle... although I hope you're quicker than we are, I'm still looking for the right car two months later! Hope you can make it...

Useful Stratford Town Map here... If you're coming in from the Park and Ride, the bus probably drops off in Bridge St, need to walk up Bridge St and then Wood St (not far), then turn left at the top for the market in Rother St and McKechnies. If you park in the free Fisherman's Car Park and walk in by the river, that is the Riverside Walk at the bottom right of the Town Map I just linked to (the other two links are Google Maps for the two car parks).

Any chance of you getting here tomorrow, @RaglanSurf ?
After the events of the last 24 hours there may now be a chance that I will be there after all but I won't know until I finish late tonight.

:agree: Go on, who needs sleep?:banana::beer::snaphappy:

I'm actually down to work tomorrow but that was when it looked like there was a possibility of a hung parliament or at the very least an element of uncertainty rather than the entrance to a very dark tunnel that we're looking down now.

So it's looking unlikely I'll be working if all the sobbing, wailing, wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth that we've witnessed today has finished and the cabinet re-shuffling is all done and dusted so there's a strong possibility that I'll be given the all clear.

Hooray.:banana:

So 10am at mckenzies then... better go look at that map I suppose...

Oh I see there is a teddy bear museum round the corner, should I bring the staff room collection along to present to them? Some have bruises but they need a new home :D

Last edited:
Awake! (The benefit of being closer, for once...) Now where's my cuppa...

Awake! (The benefit of being closer, for once...) Now where's my cuppa...
It must be the benefit of OCOLIF I have to get up an hour earlier just to chose which camera to bring.

I see there is a teddy bear museum round the corner, should I bring the staff room collection along to present to them? Some have bruises but they need a new home :D

Now all we need is somewhere to get rid of some of the crates of "spat out Dummies"... It'll make the Staff Dungeon feel far more spacious

Just joined the m40. Knackered headlight though, so need to change it before this evening. Will be late, don't wait in the coffee shop for us. Will call @ChrisR when on the bus into the town centre.

Just coming up to the park and ride, should be in town in 30 mins.

Just on the train heading back down south and I'd just like to say I've never been happier to have a day's work cancelled. Great to see the usual suspects again and to meet Yv. A very enjoyable way to spend a Saturday. I will of course get the R3, the Nikon FG and the 5x4 Nagaoka up for sale in the classifieds as soon as I get home. :whistle:

Reactions: Yv
Just back, fantastic enjoyable day, of course the light became utterly gorgeous half an hour after I left y'all and used up my film! Great to see everyone, more later once I've placated the tribe at home... :)

Reactions: Yv
good to finally put some faces to old names.

Hah! :bat::p Good to meet you, too, Yv! :) You might have got some of that good light at Chesterton...

Today part of the plan was to use at least one of the films as my trial run devving. I was just winding the 3rd back into it's canister when I remembered that with the Rondinax I'm supposed to leave the leader out. Just managed to stop with a millimetre of film out, and rescue it, but the other two will be a problem... if I'm brave enough.

Back