Super Noob...

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

I'm Paul from Essex.

I've never really taken many photographs, I've always left that to my partner, but the bug really hit me last December when I took a Hurtigruten cruise up (and down) the coast of Norway and was lucky enough to see the Northern Lights on 4 of the days.

I really regret not having a camera with me as the lights and the coastline were so spectacular.

So... when I got back I went and bought my first ever camera.

Being a super noob, I bought more camera then I knew what to do with (Fuji XT-2 and kit lens), and sat there looking at it for a month trying to work out how it all works!

I watched as many youtube videos as I could and read a couple of books but all the information was just sailing right over my head. So I enrolled on a photography course with The School of Photography and am happy to say that I'm starting to get to grips with both my camera and the skills required to make a great photograph.

I joined here so I could soak up the group knowledge which is kindly being shared to continue learning.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome, plenty of advice in the beginners section.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how silly you think they may be. We were all starters once

Hi Paul, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

“Great choice of camera & system, I too am a Fooj X-T2 user. It would be well worth your time to hang on in there on the Fuji XT thread in the equipment section, lots of really nice helpful folk on there that are always willing to help one another” (y)

George.

Hi Paul, I have a XT-2, lovely camera you will not be disappointed, :welcome: to the forum

Back