Surprising Pixsy match - photo backdrop being sold with my photo

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07FZXS5B5...646&creativeASIN=B07FZYPPQ3&linkCode=df0&th=1

Looks like a company in China selling them, therefore I suspect Pixsy wouldn't be able to do much about it.

Looking back at it now I do think the HDR is a bit overcooked :D

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alan_newman/19654063349/in/photolist-wfQK4C-vWLdic

Yes, I surmise until Pixsy can develop inroads into tackling infringements by Chinese companies there will be no possibility of a resolution.

However, as they are using Amazon marketplace.......would Amazon show any interest if you raised a "copyright infringement" with them. Just maybe they would not wish to be associated with IP illegalities. If it is worth raising it with them IMO a logical further question of Amazon is how many units have they sold???

PS such action if both logical & successful should close that door to the infringer.....though I wonder where else that they are selling it???

https://www.amazon.co.uk/YongFoto-Photography-Grassland-Wallpaper-Background/dp/B07FZXS5B5

Looks like a company in China selling them, therefore I suspect Pixsy wouldn't be able to do much about it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alan_newman/19654063349/in/photolist-wfQK4C-vWLdic
Being a Chinise origin it’s very unlikely Pixsy will be able to do much. They have a list of countries where they can chase the issue, sadly China isn’t one. If you raise with Amazon they would probably stopping selling the item but I’m not sure you would have a case against them as it’s a marketplace seller rather than amazon uk themselves. Worth raising to get it taken down. It may start an amazon investigation that takes action against the seller. I’m sure you will have a more polite response than the US taxidermy that I found using my image last month on their Facebook business page. When I politely asked them to remove it they firstly praised me and then call me petty. When I thank them for liking the image but that it still needed to be removed they said I should have used a watermark and swore at me after take my it down. Quite scary how agressive they were and that they just didn't understand they were wrong. Just wish I had asked pixsy to do it rather than myself asking politely.

My first question would be how on earth have they managed to get a file to be able to print to good quality at a size of 3m x 2m, but then I noticed that you updated to Flickr at a size of 5975 x 3978. There is no need for that file size, 800px or 1024px is plenty for online and helps to protect you a little from stuff like this.

But if you complain to Amazon and they dump the seller then they will get the message if enough people do it. It’s the old problem “it won’t make any difference because nobody else is doing it” — even countries play this. But you just have to hope that other people are finding their images being misused and will complain — and this is quite possible now with google image search etc.

If nothing else you will have the satisfaction of having done the right thing.

I found this in the section about prohibitions on Amazon sellers in regard to IP infringements

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/...language=en_GB&ld=AZUKSOAmfooter#Intellectual

Where it says:-

• Photos - Unauthorised copies of photos are prohibited.
If Amazon genuinely take what they "state" seriously you might even get this seller taken off Amazon worldwide. Looking at the sellers listings I suspect more than just your picture is unauthorised!!!

IMO just be ready to make a strong copyright holder argument to them.

Best of luck getting Amazon to take some responsibility when comes to actions matching words.

PS the same backdrop images (yet to see yours though looking only on smartphone) at Amazon USA under Laeacco brand.

Last edited:
Just found this on Pixsy site.

Which Countries Can Pixsy Send Takedown Notices To?
Pixsy Takedowns can be sent to any country in the world. At this time, Pixsy Takedowns are compliant in 35 legal jurisdictions, including all EU member states (Including the UK), Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Russia, India, the US, and Canada.

You can send Pixsy takedowns to website hosts in English and their native language. Currently, Pixsy supports Takedown notices in English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Chinese (Mandarin), Japanise, Portuguese, Italian and Hindi. For languages with mixed variation (like English and Portuguese), Takedowns are also able to be sent in local languages.

After 2 or 3 years now using pixsy they do work hard for us but the thieves and scammers find ways round it where possible .. this is a new variation on a theme chase it up via pixsy and amazon ...
Amazingly I saw some fantastic landscape shots on Facebook tonight , with a comment underneath ,spoiled by a copyright watermark ... says it all really if you think about it , got a reply from me anyway supporting the photographer . We really all need to be aware of this more

https://www.amazon.co.uk/YongFoto-Photography-Grassland-Wallpaper-Background/dp/B07FZXS5B5

View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/alan_newman/19654063349/in/photolist-wfQK4C-vWLdic

Setting anything else aside, I would take issue with their description of Castell Coch as ‘ruined’, although perhaps it was a comment about the HDR treatment :)

I had 2 claims running with Pixsy, one with the daily Star and another with a video company both of which were using my pictures without permission. Basically both just ignored Pixsy and they just gave up.
Same here. One claim they said was worth £3000 to me. After a couple of months they just gave up. So did I. Won't use them again.

Unfortunately, the Amazon Marketplace is rife with fakes, IP infringements and copyright issues.

I certainly wouldn't buy any more electricals through there. Bought a replacement charger for a speaker we had, and it used to get so hot I ended up binning it as I didn't trust it to not explode and burn the house down.

Said it was a UK supplier, but it clearly came from China as the customs notes showed.

Complain, they might do something. The only thing's for certain is that if you don't complain they definitely WON'T do anything.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the Amazon Marketplace is rife with fakes, IP infringements and copyright issues.

I certainly wouldn't buy any more electricals through there. Bought a replacement charger for a speaker we had, and it used to get so hot I ended up binning it as I didn't trust it to not explode and burn the house down.

Said it was a UK supplier, but it clearly came from China as the customs notes showed.

Complain, they might do something. The only thing's for certain is that if you don't complain they definitely WON'T do anything.

Also at a tangent.

I wanted an external power supply for my Dymo electronic label printer and found a brand on Amazon as one of their fulfilled service. The brand reviews were primarily high so thought OK

It arrived and I checked the polarity (based on the graphic on the printer & details on the power supply...........they were mismatched, yet it was explicitly described and sold as suitable.

Long story short, I took this up with both Amazon and the supplier at two levels (1) how they would remedy my wrong unit ~ they could not or would recognise that they were selling an incorrectly labeled product. I opted for a refund.......asking them for a return label, they told me to dispose of it!!! (2) As for Amazon, I advised them of the issue and asked to beware that a misdescribed item was being sold by "them".

Last edited:
Looking through Pixsy matches is dispiriting. Plenty nicked in countries where nothing can be done, being offered for download and people claiming to have taken them themselves. I'd naively uploaded to Flickr at fairly high resolutions. Lesson learnt there...

I wanted an external power supply for my Dymo electronic label printer and found a brand on Amazon as one of their fulfilled service. The brand reviews were primarily high so thought OK

Sady, it's hard to know how genuine Amazon reviews are these days, especially for things like brand X electronic gadgets:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...eview-factories-uncovered-which-investigation

I'd be dubious about buying anything that uses mains electricity and is made by an unknown (or easily faked) brand from an Amazon or Ebay seller.

Same here. One claim they said was worth £3000 to me. After a couple of months they just gave up. So did I. Won't use them again.

I [still] use another service and I had this a few times too many. They recovered some but frankly I could have had same luck just by sending out a bunch of letters. They need lawyers that are actually following through, unless obviously it is truly hopeless i.e. from China... Anyone found better lawyers - ideally local real ones?

I'd naively uploaded to Flickr at fairly high resolutions. Lesson learnt there...

It doesn't even matter too much. Most are too happy to take 800px or so for their sites and blogs. The smarter ones will even crop out watermarks too.

If Pixsy can't recover against a UK national news title, they really must be a bit pants!

Lots of sheep posts on here , pixsy have done me proud over the time I have been with them , recovering well in excess of 2 grand for me , and that’s spread over a good few claims ,one of the claims against a household name international company to ... yes there’s lots of Chinese ,Russian and Malaysian hosting sites that you cant do sod all about . But I for one beleive in them no complaints from me

Also at a tangent.

It arrived and I checked the polarity (based on the graphic on the printer & details on the power supply...........they were mismatched, yet it was explicitly described and sold as suitable.

Long story short, I took this up with both Amazon and the supplier at two levels (1) how they would remedy my wrong unit ~ they could not or would recognise that they were selling an incorrectly labeled product. I opted for a refund.......asking them for a return label, they told me to dispose of it!!! (2) As for Amazon, I advised them of the issue and asked to beware that a misdescribed item was being sold by "them".

How did you fare eventually?
Trading standards are worth contacting for these dodgy electricals - they can't chase the *mod edited* makers, but they can hit Amazon UK.

Brand reviews can be bought - there are plenty of Asian students who need the practise at writing English who write these reviews for pennies. The same goes for You Tube figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you fare eventually?
Trading standards are worth contacting for these dodgy electricals - they can't chase the *mod edited* makers but they can hit Amazon UK.

Brand reviews can be bought - there are plenty of Asian students who need the practise at writing English who write these reviews for pennies. The same goes for You Tube figures.

If they could have supplied the correct one I would have accepted it but I was content to get a full refund. As for Amazon, I cannot now recall what their response was???

It was a while back now so not too sure how long ago?

I said *mod edited*... so in this ever so sensitive world we live in, it had to be removed. The fact that it is a perfectly correct description of their eye formation doesn't seem to come into the equation.
The world has gone absolutely mad - this is why there is no humour now. Look at the humour and fun we had in the 70s and 80s - most of it has been BANNED. Fun is no longer allowed. Oh, but they say, you're picking on them...then they learn to pick back. It is called banter.

The Rules said:
Dont threaten anyone, be racist, or post anything libellous or anything that's likely to offend your everyday person.

I said *mod edited*... so in this ever so sensitive world we live in, it had to be removed. The fact that it is a perfectly correct description of their eye formation doesn't seem to come into the equation.
The world has gone absolutely mad - this is why there is no humour now. Look at the humour and fun we had in the 70s and 80s - most of it has been BANNED. Fun is no longer allowed. Oh, but they say, you're picking on them...then they learn to pick back. It is called banter.
Perhaps you should have said ‘almond eyed’ since this is more accurate and, I think generally considered complimentary, while still conveying the same information.

Why introduce a racial epiphet at all, whether offensive (like the original) or supposedly 'complimentary'? This is a thread about copyright infringement, not physiology.

Why introduce a racial epiphet at all, whether offensive (like the original) or supposedly 'complimentary'? This is a thread about copyright infringement, not physiology.
I don’t know - the original was deleted - my guess is he was referring to Chinese suppliers but ‘Chinese’ could also be a racial epithet. You would have say suppliers based in China to avoid it so it does get a bit ridiculous. There is no such thing as a ‘race’ anyway apart from the human race.

I didn't really have a problem with it for the record. I was trying to put a shocked face (sarcastically) and must have pressed something wrong.

It wasn't acceptable in the 70's and 80's either and it was totally unnecessary in this context

Perhaps we remember a different 70s and 80s? I would agree it wasn't something one would normally expect to hear in current English conversation although it's still in common use in other parts of the world among a younger generation.

The thing is, we aren't in the 70s any more, and anyone who feels that this sort of language is aimed at them isn't (to put it mildly) going to feel terribly welcome in a forum where it is used casually.

Oh there's still humour alright. A great deal of it is laughing at fossilized pricks like you.

That's banter by the way.

Back