Talk Photography Fantasy Football League(s) for 2019/20 :-)

You could use your Wildcard rather than lose points over a number of Gameweeks to get a squad you want.

I did think about that, but I’ll see how I get on without it for now, it’s not picked a terrible team so it shouldn’t be too bad.

Looking good so far... 6 players in, 51 points
52 points for me after the first 2 games. ;) :LOL: I was already in 4th place after the 1st game though. :rolleyes: :LOL:

When I had re-jigged my squad for Salah potentially not starting the season I put in Sterling, and I don't think it would have been a huge mistake going from the first game. It will be interesting to see it is something I regret if Sterling continues like this throughout the season.

52 points for me after the first 2 games. ;) :LOL: I was already in 4th place after the 1st game though. :rolleyes: :LOL:

When I had re-jigged my squad for Salah potentially not starting the season I put in Sterling, and I don't think it would have been a huge mistake going from the first game. It will be interesting to see it is something I regret if Sterling continues like this throughout the season.

Falling apart now for me... 2 non starters!

Sterling will have another good season, as will Salah I'm sure. But I think Mane might eclipse him this year.

'Kante fit my Willian' are currently leading the league at half time of the 3 o'clock games and have managed to get Salah and Sterling in the same squad, :oops: :$ though thankfully for the rest of us (this time ;)) has managed to choose the wrong one as Captain. :LOL:

It was between Salah and Sterling for me too, just couldn't squeeze both in so went with Salah. I think over the season he'll shoot ahead. I actually forgot it was starting this weekend and didn't get to do my final, final tweaks but looking ok so far :) Be nice if Aubameyang could bang in a few tomorrow. Noticed I have Jimanez on the bench, dang, he plays tomorrow too - what happens if they're on your bench? you don't get the scores?

Last edited:
Just had a quick glance through everyone's squads after the Spurs v Villa game to get an idea where everyone is, and was struck by how few people have actually chosen Spurs players, myself included. :thinking: Weird considering where they finished last year.

Had Sterling & Kane so some good points today. Got 4 players involved in tomorrow's games.

Just had a quick glance through everyone's squads after the Spurs v Villa game to get an idea where everyone is, and was struck by how few people have actually chosen Spurs players, myself included. :thinking: Weird considering where they finished last year.

I had Trippier in my team LOL, only realised other day when I checked back that he was gone!

Bit odd that bench players are all showing as zero points?
Thankfully I've got a decent points haul to come when automatic subs are reckoned in for my 2 non starters.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I was hoping for more people to have joined the TP FF league given that it was open to join for over a month, but we have at least increased by 3 over last season. :) Thanks everyone for taking the time to join, and I hope we all have an enjoyable season with many ups and downs. :)

And it is a new team that leads after the first gameweek, 8% Wine by Richard, with 106 points. :clap: As mentioned above, the lead is mainly down to the very bold use of the Triple Captain option in the first week, but lets not forget without that they would still be joint top with Woodys wonders who are only the extra 20 points behind (86) that was gained for the use of the Triple Captain. They are the ones who everyone is chasing. ;)

The average points for the week was 65, so you can see how well those above, and yourself did week one. I only got 60 points, and find myself in 13th place. :rolleyes: :( Hopefully the way forward is up for me. ;)

Deadline for changes for the next gameweek is Sat 17th Aug 11:30.

Gameweek 1
1565717918704.jpeg

We have a few more competitors in the Head 2 Head league than last season, :) 17 compared to 14. Welcome all who are new, and the returners. :)

Because we are an odd number, we also have 'Average' as part of the league. Average will get the average points for the week versus anyone who it plays each week. Average is currently in joint 1st place. :oops: :$ Though seeing as it lost its H2H against Kante fit my Willian, I'm not sure why. :thinking: Hopefully as many people as possible will beat Average in their H2H's. I will be taking on Average next week, ;) and if it would have been this week, I would have lost. :oops: :$ :jawdrop: :LOL:

It is the first week so nine teams won their H2H's, and so they all have 3 points for their wins, but Woodys wonders are sitting on top because they gained more points for the week, 86.

It will be interesting to see how many draws there are this season, as there were loads more than I expected last season.

Deadline for changes for the next gameweek is Sat 17th Aug 11:30.

Gameweek 1 Results and Gameweek 2 fixtures
1565721647069.jpeg

TP H2H League Gameweek 1
1565722144891.jpeg

Only 3 people in the league beat me, and I was facing one of them in the head to head!

Good write up's as normal, quite happy with my team but might have to look at chelsea players (ill see how they play tonight).

Only 3 people in the league beat me, and I was facing one of them in the head to head!
That's literally the luck of the draw. ;) Bad luck though.
Good write up's as normal, quite happy with my team but might have to look at chelsea players (ill see how they play tonight).
Thanks you Tom, :) glad to know someone read the stuff I write. ;)

This game tonight could change a lot of people's FF teams, though dare I say it with more Liverpool players than Chel$ki players. ;) Hopefully not though, and everyone comes through fit for the weekend. I think Keita is unfit again, but I doubt many people would have him after last season.

Balls, would have joined this if I had seen it earlier

I think you still can? I joined a couple weeks in last year. Obviously you'll be starting well behind but it is possible to catch up once you get in now. Deadline for this week is 11:30am tomorrow

Same here, I didn’t want to but I couldn’t do anything without changing 6 or 7 players to get hopefully the right balance.

Yup, it's hard to just do one transfer at a time, you end up compromising and losing points by switching 2-3 to make up the budget.

One goal so far today for me, good start .... but now I've jinxed it

A good start. Hat-trick for Pukki, can't see him still being at Norwich next season.

I'm considering a number of changes too, more than can be done without costing me points, so it could be an early use of Wildcard 1 so as not to fall too far behind so early.

Saying that may have felt differentlyas Robertson and Alexander-Arnold were on for good points for the clean sheet before the Adrian's howler, and A-A collecting a late yellow card. :rolleyes: Take stock at the end of the weekend. :thinking:

well I'm back where I ended last season, just hovering above the bottom :D I wish I could see the team sheets before deadline - but then, I bet everyone would like that

So, week 2 is over and we have a new leader, 8% Wine. :clap: An 8 point lead over Mrs Smith's Boys who had a very good week with 66 points. Highest scorers of the week though were tarric totts with 74 points :clap: which brings them up to 3rd place.

The average points score for the week was 41, which again I didn't reach with only 35 points. :( That has a bit more significance for me in the H2H League. :rolleyes: :LOL: And also moves me down to 18th place. :(

It seemed a low scoring week for a lot of people, with 10 of us getting less than the average. Some may be thinking of an early use of the Wildcard. I know I am. ;) :rolleyes:

Talk Photography FF League Gameweek 2
1566382661055.png

Last edited:
Yep, I succumbed to using my wildcard after the last couple of weeks getting to see form and who is likely to play a full 90 rather than sit warming the bench. I fully expect to get even less points than last week now. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Im happy with my team, now if those and only those players could play well that would be tip top.

Back