Tesco SUCKS big time

Just so you know, a few ex-people at my ex-work used to put an exposed roll of film through the processor if they cocked up someone's film, and blame it on user error. Easier than explaining how they managed to cock it up, and better to pass on the blame.

Yep - i've had that - fortunately, the moron's not only cocked up the processing, they also tried to fob me off with a blank reel of kodacolor gold, when i'd taken Fuji film in... Much harsh language and demanding to speak to the manager ensued! Suffice to say, for the half hour I was in there, NOBODY put a film over the counter for processing at that branch of Max Speilmans (yes - I know, I know - but it wasn't even my film - I was just doing a favour for a workmate a few years ago)

Yep - i've had that - fortunately, the moron's not only cocked up the processing, they also tried to fob me off with a blank reel of kodacolor gold, when i'd taken Fuji film in... Much harsh language and demanding to speak to the manager ensued! Suffice to say, for the half hour I was in there, NOBODY put a film over the counter for processing at that branch of Max Speilmans (yes - I know, I know - but it wasn't even my film - I was just doing a favour for a workmate a few years ago)

That's why I never did film in the lab, as I could get it right 90% of the time and that isn't good enough. Sometimes someone does make a mistake, and obviously the person whose film it is, isn't going to be understanding. So to avoid the inevitable confrontation, it's just easier to lie about it for the sake of everyone's sanity.

It's a rough old world of work, retail, and I really really don't like working in it.
Thankfully the retail I'm in at the moment has basically no responsibility, no one asking for price matches, no mistakes to be made, no refunds necessary, very easy targets to meet, and a nice working environment - Legoland.

I can't wait to get the hell out of minimum wage paying jobs and go somewhere where I feel my presence is really appreciated, somewhere I feel fulfilled.

It always amuses me what Jessops say on their developing receipts:

In case of loss or damage of your media during processing, Jessops will replace the film and develop for free up to the value of £25

What so does that mean that if say I put a roll of Velvia 50 into them to get developed and they lost it they would be able to give me another roll of it on the spot? I doubt it and what that probably means is that they would give me some of their crappy Kodak Colour Plus 200 ansd say they would develop it for free.

Never using them again anyway so I won't have to find out ever

Late into this forum but what size of scan do Tesco do,is it ok for a preview and then scan yourself or could you get a decent print from it

Having had Asda try to charge me £4 a roll to process 24 clicks of Kodacolour, I thought I'd go to Tesco. Walked up to the photo counter this morning...
"We don't process in house."
"Err.."
"You can have a Truprint envelope."

So it's still £4 for a roll via Tesco. Is processing only offered at the largest stores and how much is it normally for C41?

So it's still £4 for a roll via Tesco. Is processing only offered at the largest stores and how much is it normally for C41?

not all my local stores do processing
the one that DID - completely screwed 2 rolls.................:razz:

I strongly suggest you use Club35
goto their website.........."here"
they will send you a pre-paid envelope to send your first roll

get it processed onto a CD - do your own edits and print

not all my local stores do processing
the one that DID - completely screwed 2 rolls.................:razz:

I strongly suggest you use Club35
goto their website.........."here"
they will send you a pre-paid envelope to send your first roll

get it processed onto a CD - do your own edits and print

I need prints. Club35 are £6.50 for 7 x 5. My best bet for price and convenience might be Asda, unless they mess up the film, at £4. C41 process and print is a bit of a minefield these days. It's tempting to buy a Tetenal kit but that still doesn't give me the prints and my scanner is too slow for the volume.

Late into this forum but what size of scan do Tesco do,is it ok for a preview and then scan yourself or could you get a decent print from it

I've just had some done by Tescos and they average 700kb per scan. That's compared with 135mb if I scan them at home as tif files.

that still doesn't give me the prints and my scanner is too slow for the volume.

sorry if i mislead...........

my idea after the Tesco FU is to get my films dev onto CD at Club35

copy to PC - edit - then print only the ones I want

sorry if i mislead...........

my idea after the Tesco FU is to get my films dev onto CD at Club35

copy to PC - edit - then print only the ones I want

No worries, I just want to put prints into albums with the least possible fuss. Exceptional negs I'll get printed at 12 x 10" in a pro lab but the vast majority will be put into small books using adhesive photo corners.

after the Tesco FU I decided to give a high-street shop another chance
although there is an ASDA in Hamilton, I called into Boots, Kingsgate retail park, East Kilbride

quite a knowledgeable [older chap] got out the manual for the machine, and showed me all the compatible films

he has no developing probs in B&W with Ilford XP2 and Kodak Professional

he recommended I try Boots C-41 colour film "Mega pack" 5 rolls 200ASA 36exp for £8.49

develop and scan to CD .... £6.50 for 24hr service

I'll be back...................................:LOL::LOL:

In the end I opted for Asda's 1hr service, 24 x 7 x 5" prints, plus mini contact for £6. No dirt or scratches and 25p deducted because one roll had 23 shots, wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Lady on desk also friendly and helpful which is half the battle.

In the end I opted for Asda's 1hr service, 24 x 7 x 5" prints, plus mini contact for £6. No dirt or scratches and 25p deducted because one roll had 23 shots, wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Lady on desk also friendly and helpful which is half the battle.

sounds good for a non-pro lab

do you know if they do a CD service..?

I went to put in a roll of colour film to be developed and scanned to cd this morning at Sainsburys. I asked the chap behind the counter what resolution they'd be scanned at and he said "I dunno mate... we get 200 on a cd though".
I think I'll pass on that branch...

Well i have just had a couple of films developed @ Tesco's, the colours are fantastic & the exposure spot on with no dust or scratches @ all. But the only problem was that every single photo has been printed upside down. Still you can't win em' all can you :D

Toonie

I scanned a whole film like that once...

Back