Daily Tezz 365 Challenge I must be mad!!

I went to a friends house today and we had a good ole girlie lunch and a catch up gossip .. Took the camera to create some arty shot, but alas it was not to be though the intention was there

Ended up doing a bit of table top photography as the light was falling fast about half past four this afternoon.

The Return of the Los Palmas 7 by Tezz 5D2, on Flickr

You could make life easy Terri and do 365 lego characters. :D

Ah, Lego shot:love:, I think Alby might have an idea there! Great start anyway Tezz.(y)

Thank you all :love::love::love::love: really feeling the love

Alby i think Lego shots may become the default shots as I don't have a cat and yes thank you Dave for opening up that particular can of worms again :)

hi Tezz....now you should know i'm going sit up and pay attention to Lego shots....not your first... but one has been a tad hasty in posting it...hasn't one..??

namely..the base plate?? come on Tezz... n00b mistake surely...

hi Tezz....now you should know i'm going sit up and pay attention to Lego shots....not your first... but one has been a tad hasty in posting it...hasn't one..??

namely..the base plate?? come on Tezz... n00b mistake surely...

The lego waiter wouldnt stand up on his own with the fabric without the base plate ...the tray was pulling him over lol. Needed the base plate ..not worried if it can be seen or not

Lovely shots on day 3 and 4 Tezz. Only another 361 to go!!!

Great eye contact in no 4 lol! Fun shot & I like no 3 too with the DOF.

I love your Lego shot. In fact, it's inspired me and tonight I will be drinking vodka from a pint glass! :naughty::D

i had a frustrating day (photography wise!!) today. I have to produce a shot that depicts movement and motion for my local camera club competion on Thursday, so spent the day trying to capture thrown die .... I used rear curtain flash, but i failed to achieve the look i had in my head....

I tried different shutter speeds and lighting set ups but couldn't get the die to roll slow enough to leave a trail ...my entry for my 5/365 is the best of a bad days shooting

If you have any suggestions on how i could improve this image and get a trail on the thrown die , i would really appreciate it :)

Of course i could have shot some Lego again but that seemed to be a bit of a cheat :)

5/365

Motion and Movement by Tezz 5D2, on Flickr

I did say it was the best of the worst :)

Hey we all do them ;) I think If you've got 4 of them I'd have gone for and arrangement of a 5 in focus if a shallow DoF and the faces of 3 6 5 just visible through the DoF

Hey we all do them ;) I think If you've got 4 of them I'd have gone for and arrangement of a 5 in focus if a shallow DoF and the faces of 3 6 5 just visible through the DoF

i need to depict the movement/motion of the thrown die, that was what i was trying to achieve ...and failed :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hi Terri :wave:
Good start to your 365, some nice variation in your images.
On the point that someone has mentioned about shooting lego, it wouldn't do any harm to at least have it as a default option should you struggle timewise or for ideas.
On the subject of movement in the dice, I shot something similar for a week of my 52 in 2010, HERE

It was a bit of a cheat though, the dice were held in position with bluetac :LOL:
I am not sure how to shoot it otherwise, as a long exposure you would miss the dice moving until the flash went off :thinking:

Good luck with your challenge, I will certainly be visiting regularly. Iain

Hi Terri :wave:
Good start to your 365, some nice variation in your images.
On the point that someone has mentioned about shooting lego, it wouldn't do any harm to at least have it as a default option should you struggle timewise or for ideas.
On the subject of movement in the dice, I shot something similar for a week of my 52 in 2010, HERE

It was a bit of a cheat though, the dice were held in position with bluetac :LOL:
I am not sure how to shoot it otherwise, as a long exposure you would miss the dice moving until the flash went off :thinking:

Good luck with your challenge, I will certainly be visiting regularly. Iain

Thanks Iain :) I appreciate the comments ... I wanted to capure the movement of the rolling die but failed ..got the ghostly images instead

No worries Terri ;)
I just had a thought, does your flash have a continuous/strobe effect setting?
You could set your camera on a long exposure, flash to strobe and roll the dice through the frame. The camera would capture most of the movement of the dice at each flash of the flash IYSWIM :D

Tezz, I know some dslrs will allow you to take multiple exposures?...would that work on your camera for the dice shot? Or it could it be done it post? Tripod camera multiple shots of a rolling dice and merge them? Just a thought.

I was going to suggest blue tack/white tack as well. Set up the camera on a tripod & take shots of the dice in different positions in a row, then layer them together in PS. You could have the first one held in someones fingers.

Good effort, and not sure how you'd shoot it to be honest. Really the dice would have to be moving so slowly, or as someone said, strobe lighting.

I have a Canon Speedlite 430EX II but I am not sure if it will strobe

It's so frustrating when you know what you want to achieve but can't get it to work. I like the idea & would be interested to know if/how it can be done.

i have a 550ex.... and i just tried it.... i think i'm going to be sick... :puke:

so easy to setup and i can see with a bit of adjusting how this could solve Tezz's issue....

It's so frustrating when you know what you want to achieve but can't get it to work. I like the idea & would be interested to know if/how it can be done.

Could now be appearing in everyones 365 :D

Great idea Tezz. It's annoying when you've got an idea in your head but can't work out a solution on how to create it. Still a good try anyway (y).

Think it's fair to say that especially with a 365, we'll all have days like this, and days where we lack inspiration.

something a bit different from me today :LOL:

gave up on the motion shot as my flash doesnt strobe ... will need to have a re think

Anyway inspiration occured to me yesterday for this one, so here it is :)

Made for Sharing? by Tezz 5D2, on Flickr

Back