Daily Tezz 365 Challenge I must be mad!!

Tezz..if you don't have strobe you can always do a long exposure in a dark room... And fire a flash remotely ..moving an item or throwing something...etc... Even you moving around... Try it.. I even had time to cover the flash with a gel and change lighting...

Good work Tezz on number 5? I've been trying to think how I would shoot this and not sure where I would start to be honest. I may have to give it a go some time. If you are struggling for light, a torch or lamp might do the job and don't bother with a flash (that will freeze the motion you are trying to capture).

Can't really offer any advice on the technique except to say I think you can afford to bump up the exposure a bit more, to brighten it a little.

#6 looks spot on, great DoF and it's making me a pekish..

Last edited:
Oh dear, oh dear, your going to attract them green team people into the dungeons if you start steeling there jaffa's shake, that said it's a nice photo, it might me a touch under exposed thought :thinking:

Matt

Tezz..check out ma flickr... I did a test with a multi strobe..so easy to set up..so tough to get settings right though... I tried playing with small moving objects and it wouldn't play ball... So I reckon a long exposure would work for your motion idea..

A shot of Jaffa cakes! Hmm looks like you're trying to be in the good books of TP management!!

I have to agree with an earlier poster that it does look a bit soft.

Back to work today, and although I took my little camera, i found nothing to inspire so resorted to the light tent and table top shooting again ...Hope you are not to bored (Yet!!)

Ferrero Rocher Triangle by Tezz 5D2, on Flickr

Tried this at different angles and heights and tried building a pyramid but that kept collasping, so here is my chosen image of the 30 or so I shot :)

Two cracking shots there...can't go wrong with Jaffa cakes, and the Ferrero Rocher, wonderful dof, colours and lighting stop on.....love em.

Two cracking shots there...can't go wrong with Jaffa cakes, and the Ferrero Rocher, wonderful dof, colours and lighting stop on.....love em.

Great shot Terri .........love the focal point on the label

A cracking photo of a chocolate that I cannot stand, thought I know somebody that loves these, that would be my cousin :LOL:

great use of DOF love it

Thank you all very much, hopefully i will be able to shoot something soon thats not on my table top :)

With this image you are really spoiling us!

...Sorry, couldn't resist. Lets just forget I ever said anything, ok?

Cool.

Oh my fav... mmmmmmmmmmm:love::love:

Excellent use of Dof Tezz (y)

Great shot Tezz. Bet you had fun eating the contents!!

Is there a food theme developing here?!!

I have a purple cover on my iPhone too. :)

Love the Ferrero Rocher one - fab use of DOF!

Great shots so far and varied :D Love the ferrero rocher and the jaffas :naughty: and think several photos of the same dice layered on top would work :)

Not too much wrong with that, although it is a bit of a messy composition.

Love the colours and lighting on the ferrero rocher, I can see where you are coming from with yesterday's, I anticipate days like that coming up from me too.

Phil

It's a horrible feeling when it just doesn't go right or we're at a loss!.... Still a cool shot tho keep it up :)

I like how you got the whole phone and headphones in frame (i'd have no doubt managed to clip the wires). I think it may work better if the ear phones were in focus, leaving the phone outside the depth of field if that makes sense.

Lovely colourful shot - not seen these clowns for years :D

Have to agree on the Ferrero Rocher shot, the focussing is excellent! Great idea to jump to the second row. The next 2 aren't as strong, but still not bad shots. Keeping it going is the main thing (y)

Some good indoor stuff here Tezz. I love the little Spanish (?) waiter. My kind of shot that one. But the corker is the Ferrero shot - if you took about 30 then you certainly chose the right one! :clap:

The focus on the little label is spot on with just the right amount of blur on the rest (as others have said) but my only crit is that maybe you could have removed the 3 other labels that kinda look out of place. But that's splitting hairs really.

Cheers

Days 10 and 11

Day 10

What nightmare of a day out to work v early back from work terribly late rush rush rush off to camera clubs pdi competietion 10 pm in the pub ahhh finally unwind and relax a little (and celebrate a perfect score in the comp!!) and bugga its 11.05 and I havent taken a shot :(

so here it it ..totally haphazard and crap but i got one in :)

Day 10

In the pub by Tezz 5D2, on Flickr

Day 11

Had more time after work but still zonked and worn out so resorted to shooting my new Lego Set :) love it its so different and quirky :)

Day 11

A Winters Tale by Tezz 5D2, on Flickr

Back