The 20-21 season football thread

That was an expensive head butt from Pepe,,, I just don't see £70m in him, complete waste of money.

I do think the Leeds guy should be banned too for a pathetic dive (nothing like Lamelas though) even though it was a red for Pepe. He is a shocking waste of money - not worth 20m.

Also disappointed again - seemed to have very little desire overall. Poor display.

Re. Pepe..This guy ,who is a Chelsea fan and says that he's Pepe's brother thinks the ref..Graham Taylor is an Arsenal fan.

I don't know why I don't get an url when I copy but recently I've been seeing only a padlock and get a message about encryption and do I want to see a certificate but I've checked the link here 'watch' and it works.It doesn't happen with all copy/pastes.

watch

Last edited:
do think the Leeds guy should be banned too for a pathetic dive (nothing like Lamelas though) even though it was a red for Pepe

Have just seen the incident, absolutely shocking simulation be Alioski. Must be endemic in Leeds players, Bamford did exactly the same against us last season except that our play was nowhere near him. The ref waved play on but didn't take any action against the cheating scumbag. You're never going to get that sort of behaviour out of the game if it's not dealt with harshly. They should get the red card out of their pocket and show it either to the player who headbutts or the player who fakes being headbutted. In the case of Pepe & Alioski, it should've been both!

Have just seen the incident, absolutely shocking simulation be Alioski. Must be endemic in Leeds players, Bamford did exactly the same against us last season except that our play was nowhere near him. The ref waved play on but didn't take any action against the cheating scumbag. You're never going to get that sort of behaviour out of the game if it's not dealt with harshly. They should get the red card out of their pocket and show it either to the player who headbutts or the player who fakes being headbutted. In the case of Pepe & Alioski, it should've been both!

Just seen it... I'd rather be rooted to the bottom of the league on 1 point than have bellends like that in the team.

Just seen it... I'd rather be rooted to the bottom of the league on 1 point than have bellends like that in the team.

Agreed. I've heard plenty of "you wouldn't complain if he was on your team" comments. Yes I bloody well would!

A third of the way through the season an Arsenal are just 5 points above the relegation zone. Could the unthinkable happen? Surely not.

@cambsno Wenger back in? :ROFLMAO:

A third of the way through the season an Arsenal are just 5 points above the relegation zone. Could the unthinkable happen? Surely not.

@cambsno Wenger back in? :ROFLMAO:

Arsenal are making Boris look competent.

Too many players who can’t give a toss. Too many players who are barely fit for the premier league.

Anyone that picks Elneny should not be managing a club.

We need someone who can galvanise poor players and get them performing. Someone like Dyche, or the Wolves or Southampton manager.

We need someone who can galvanise poor players and get them performing. Someone like Dyche, or the Wolves or Southampton manager.

I get the feeling Mark Warburton will be available soon. ;)

Sometimes I wish I had never started this thread.....

Arsenal are making Boris look competent.

Too many players who can’t give a toss. Too many players who are barely fit for the premier league.

Anyone that picks Elneny should not be managing a club.

But he scored a screamer in the previous game. Elneny is useful as he can drop in as a central defender if required.

The younger players seem to play without fear in Europe, maybe they should get more minutes in the league. that lad Balogun looks handy.....

Sometimes I wish I had never started this thread.....

But he scored a screamer in the previous game. Elneny is useful as he can drop in as a central defender if required.

The younger players seem to play without fear in Europe, maybe they should get more minutes in the league. that lad Balogun looks handy.....

If we have any hope, or still think we are one of the top 6, we cannot rely on players like that. Elneny is Watford/WBA/Norwich type player, nowhere near good enough for a team wanting to be high in the PL. Its not just him, its the way we play and the general attitude of the team. Yes, we have the odd game where things click and we play very well, but too much inconsistency.

How many of our players would get into any of Spurs, City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or Leicester!!! Maybe Leno at Chelsea or Leicester, possibly Spurs. Maybe Tierney at Utd, Auba (last month or so aside) at most of them, Saka at Leicester or Chelsea or Utd... cant really think of anyone else. It has been poor recruitment in the last 5-10 years, the odd gem like Auba but the rest disappointing - Pepe, Lacazette or Bellerin for example are players that should be better but dont care.

We should give the youngsters a go, fail to see how they would be worse!

If we have any hope, or still think we are one of the top 6, we cannot rely on players like that. Elneny is Watford/WBA/Norwich type player, nowhere near good enough for a team wanting to be high in the PL. Its not just him, its the way we play and the general attitude of the team. Yes, we have the odd game where things click and we play very well, but too much inconsistency.

How many of our players would get into any of Spurs, City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or Leicester!!! Maybe Leno at Chelsea or Leicester, possibly Spurs. Maybe Tierney at Utd, Auba (last month or so aside) at most of them, Saka at Leicester or Chelsea or Utd... cant really think of anyone else. It has been poor recruitment in the last 5-10 years, the odd gem like Auba but the rest disappointing - Pepe, Lacazette or Bellerin for example are players that should be better but dont care.

We should give the youngsters a go, fail to see how they would be worse!

Tierney would get into most of the sides, he's our best player right now. Gabriel is another who would make it in many of the current top 6. However, (and I was pulling your leg about Elneny) many are far too average. Xhaka, Celabos, Willian, Bellerin, Pepe, Soares, Mari and Kolasinac are all earning more than they're worth. That's a lot of bodies to off load, and we're still paying Ozil even though he hasn't been registered for the league or Europe...

Tuchel sacked at PSG - get him in and artea out

I can't see them removing Arteta just yet Simon. They proved they got it wrong last time, they won't want any more egg on their face just yet. The win over Chelsea would have helped his cause. Play the youngsters, they're in better form...

I can't see them removing Arteta just yet Simon. They proved they got it wrong last time, they won't want any more egg on their face just yet. The win over Chelsea would have helped his cause. Play the youngsters, they're in better form...

To a degree. Maitland Niles, Willock & Nketiah have been very disappointing, Nelson too. Smith Rowe looks promising but only a couple of games in. I think it depends on the next 4 games - Brighton away not easy, WBA will be tough with Sam, Palace and Newcastle next. normally you would be looking for 10 points minimum, really 12 from these. Any less than 6 and thats a real worry!

Spurs throw away yet another lead ...this time v Wolves and walk away with one point instead of three. They have a habit of getting ahead and then sitting back. The opposing team score..invariably close to full time,Spurs then become more aggressive but too late. Was it Mourhino's strategy ? He's been credited with introducing the 'park the bus' strategy once ahead but post match(Wolves) he said he told them to be more proactive more aggressive , they weren't and he said that they lacked ambition. That will go down well,I'm sure. He's said that before,infact 5 times in post-match interviews when either the opposition score early or Spurs do he's said they had 89 minutes to score and didn't because of a lack of ambition on the part of the players. So, he's blaming Kane, Son and Vinincius in reality. Bale hasn't featured much, so far. Mourhino's back five deprives these forwards of feed players. They've dropped 8 points this season in games that they were ahead in. Draws against Newcastle,,West Ham, C.Palace and now Wolves.,infact they were lucky not to lose against Wolves because in extra time Fabio Silva missed a header he should have scored with. Spurs are now in 5th place with 26 points, same number as Manchester City but their gd puts them a place above . Had they lost they'd have slipped to 9th with 25 pts between Chelsea and Southampton..also on 25pts but Spurs gd would put them above S'hampton. No southern teams in the top four at present.

On paper they now have a fantastic team. Something needs to change and fast or they'll be slipping down the table. Next game is on Wednesday against Fulham at home then Leeds Sat January 2nd also a home game. Hopefully, Bale will be fit..back from injury.

Re Deli Ali. Word is he'll go on loan to PSG in the January window but it looks like Pochettino will take over there and it's said he'd want Deli to join PSG. Deli has high regard for Poch and got on welll with him at Spurs. He clearly isn't seeing eye to eye with Mourhino. Even when he starts he's substituted.

Last edited:
Never been a fan of Dele Ali, not sure why, rarely turns up for England...

Never been a fan of Dele Ali, not sure why, rarely turns up for England...

Here's an enlightening read about him. It appears that Poch also had issues with his dedication/workrate during games and also his life style ...bit of a party boy,it seens.. so why it's being muted that Poch would want to bring him to PSG doesn't make sense to me. A deal has been made over summer that DA goes on loan to PSG . As an aside..could Poch bring Messi to PSG next summer..? PSG have the deep pockets. They took on Neymar Jr. and Mbappe.

Look what Mourhino is saying in his first paragraph re the Stoke game. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13564124/jose-mourinho-furious-dele-alli-spurs/

Monday.. (4th) Southampton have just beaten Liverpool 1-0 at home. Now they are 4th with 32 points..behind Leicester on gd. It's really tight down to Everton at 7th on 29 pts.

Liverpool's next PL game is against an improved Manchester United at Anfield. All very entertaining..

The whole top half (and beyond) is quite tight. Arsenal down in 11th, Leeds in 12th, just 6 points away from 4th. It's all pretty tight...

The FA Cup 3rd round game Marine v Spurs game today has to be a watch. BBC1 kick -off 5.00pm. Marine (Crosby, Liverpool) are an 8th tier side. They are 160 places below Spurs.

They have and high fence between the pitch and the back gardens of number 19 and 21 Rossett road and they've put these house numbers on it as it backs onto those gardens so they know which house to call at to get the ball back. What strikes me about this is how great it is that we have a competition that teams like Marine can be up against the likes of Spurs and at home. As far as I know none of the Marine team are pros. Their mid-fielder James Barrigan is a binman. What a shame that Covid has put paid to any fans being there in person not to mention the loss of revenue put at a possible £100,000.

All worth a read:

The house numbers can be seen in this photo https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...spurs-how-to-watch-team-news-key-information/

I'd have thought that Mourhino's biggest worry is the risk of injury re the state of the pitch. A far cry from the one at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium believed to have cost around £850m to build.

Surely, the unimaginable can't happen...can it ??? :eek:

From what I saw, Crawley played well and Leeds just didn't turn up. Well done Crawley..

Arteta rant time again!!! We are a mid-table side, no chance of top 6 let alone top 4, play half a reserve side leaving out our best 5 outfield players this season!!! Winnable game, along with the next one and chance to win the FA Cup again thrown away for what???

Amazing. Watched Cheltenham Town hold a score of 1-0 against Manchester City to within only 15 minutes from full time. Basically, Foden saved them.

Heads up for a big FA Cup Fourth round game tomorrow that can be watched on BBC1. 5.00pm kick-off. Manchester United v Liverpool

Arteta rant time again!!! We are a mid-table side, no chance of top 6 let alone top 4, play half a reserve side leaving out our best 5 outfield players this season!!! Winnable game, along with the next one and chance to win the FA Cup again thrown away for what???

Aah, shame COYS. ;)

Amazing. Watched Cheltenham Town hold a score of 1-0 against Manchester City to within only 15 minutes from full time. Basically, Foden saved them.

Heads up for a big FA Cup Fourth round game tomorrow that can be watched on BBC1. 5.00pm kick-off. Manchester United v Liverpool

Gutted for them. did so well for so long.

Just watched Chelsea beat Fulham 3-1. Manchester United v Liverpool next at ..or from 4.30. Kick-off 5.00pm. With this game I'll watch all the pre-match chat as it will be interesting. Loads of football this weekend and through the week. This evening, Everton v Sheffield Wednesday at 8.00pm.

I see Frank Lampard has had the boot..no pun intended..from Chelsea but Abramovitch said he was a Chelsea legend. I'm sure that brought some comfort to Frank :rolleyes:

Wycombe Wanderers v Spurs next, for me.. 15 minutes to kick-off.

Frank Lampard was on a hiding to nothing, Chelsea have shown that, even with a good run of form, their form drops off around 12 months after a new manager is in place. They may have won a lot of silverware, but surely running a club like that is not sustainable.

Back