The 2013 Season F1 Thread

Though Maclaren confirmed (on sky earlier) that they haven't had any talks with Alonso or management.

Alonso has to race with Kimi next year and do more than he has to do with PR
Montezemolo says Kimi can beat Alonso which dosnt bode well for Alonso's state of mind, especially as he has been bad mouthing Ferrari, which isnt clever
So 2015 might just hold a suprise move like hammys this year
Plus seb might just fancy prooving he can race good with out Newey about this time and an opening at Ferrari could be conveniant

Every time I see Vettel being interviewed by Nira Juanco he comes across as creepy letch. Makes me shudder!

I have the feeling we will be seeing the finger a lot in the races left
Lets hope nico or lewis can stir the pot a bit but if there are no extreme circumstances I see seb with another crown
(Grojean is flying in practise you never know he may pull a suprise)
So onto next year

Webber given a 10 place grid penalty for next race.

Last edited:
Gutted for MW. As he put it "Somebody must have had a worse day than me!"

As I understand it, he received a reprimand for going onto the track without marshalls' permission (his 3rd reprimand, hence the grid penalty). Has Alonso been given a reprimand for stopping?

the lift back to the pits isnt the problem, thats not what the repremand is for, its for entering the track without consent, and flagging down another car meaning that it stopped in a ridiculous place with other drivers having to take avoiding action, read it from hamiltons perspective http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110088.

had alonso pulled off the track into the run off, then the likelyhood is that we wouldnt be having this conversation. ive got no problems with webber getting a lift back, its the manner in which it was done that wasnt sensible, I think the last thing we want is a driver run over by another car.

I agree that the hulkenberg call wasnt very good.

It wasnt for the lift
It was a repremand for being on the track between formation lap and the last car into parc ferme without the permission of the marshells
Which you must agree is a good rule to stop people wandering allover
As it was his third repremand this season he earned a ten place grid drop
This is there to stop drivers just taking the repremands as a joke
Alonso also got a reprimand for his part in this misdemeaner but as he hasnt had three he dosnt get a grid drop
But poor old webber must have thought he has run over a flock of robins to get the luck thats landed on him

Fair doo's, I was basing my comments on BBC coverage rather than your link.

Last edited:
Thanks for the extra info Fuzzy. I've used all my free visits to Autosport this month (on this machine!) so haven't read the Hamilton story beyond the headline.

F1 fails again, if you need more evidence, look at Hulkenburg !

Hulkenberg had all 4 wheels off the track defending his position. On a different track he'd of been on the grass/ gravel and would have had to slow down, losing the place.

When they add tarmac run off for safety they have to be strict about drivers staying within the confines of the track.

It was no different to Hamilton having to give the place back to Massa earlier in the race.

Last edited:
Thanks for the extra info Fuzzy. I've used all my free visits to Autosport this month (on this machine!) so haven't read the Hamilton story beyond the headline.

Whitewash might be the one to thank as he covered the Hamilton view

Thanks to all! (Managed to log in to Autosport on another machine on which I still have several free views. Pitpass have also got the stories.)

What crap marshalling etc today! Safety JEEP? What fire extinguisher?

What crap marshalling etc today! Safety JEEP? What fire extinguisher?

Ignnoring Vettel romping away with it, there was some lively racing between the others.

In other news, a woman finished 2nd in last night's IndyCar race. Way to go girl (y)

Smashing race
Webbers luck still holding I see
What ever Red bull are doing to Sebs car they are doing it very well and Sebs making full use of it
I still would like to see lotus or Merc even sauber (outside chance) curtail sebs finger

F1 overall is getting a bit boring for me. Can't take anything away from Red Bull and slimey Seb for being on top form, but it's gone a bit stale. Hardly any racing at all up front after the 3rd/4th corner of most races, and the Pirelli tyres are a joke.

Fingers crossed the turbo's mix it up a bit next year!!

They're reporting on the practice coverage that Maria de Villota (the female test driver that lost her eye in a crash last year) has died in a hotel in Seville.

They're reporting on the practice coverage that Maria de Villota (the female test driver that lost her eye in a crash last year) has died in a hotel in Seville.

I'd already created a thread. It's really shocked me.

Grey, grey, grey... isn't it just depressing?

scratch2.gif

Wonder how that smog smells?

Congratulations to today's winner...

Congratulations to today's winner...
and Grojean passing 14 cars which contained 3 ex world champions to come 3rd
Has that guy improved or what

I later saw, Vettel (of course) won and gained his fourth Championship.

But was too depressed to even watch. No shadows, no sun, no blue sky, it's simply disgusting!

And next round, no women allowed?
nono.gif

Maybe I need a nap! :D

and Grojean passing 14 cars which contained 3 ex world champions to come 3rd
Has that guy improved or what

Not really! Since I first saw him [in the Signature days] he has always been a driver who was able to overtake ;)

Not really! Since I first saw him [in the Signature days] he has always been a driver who was able to overtake ;)

Last season he seemed to run over cars rather than overtake them
Now he has calmed down he seems to be able to miss them and show his true talent
That to me is an improvement

What a load of b****x! IMO, the amount of positive publicity the donuts seem to have got was worth far more to F1's image than a €25,000 fine cost RBR! The FIA's bitching about them (donuts) is far more damaging to F1 than the new WDC celebrating in this fashion. Maybe he should have done them in Parc Fermé?

It was nice to see something other than the finger! I don't think anyone at red bull cares about the fine, every member of staff got an extra £10,000 for winning the constructors according to sky f1...

What a load of b****x! IMO, the amount of positive publicity the donuts seem to have got was worth far more to F1's image than a €25,000 fine cost RBR! The FIA's bitching about them (donuts) is far more damaging to F1 than the new WDC celebrating in this fashion. Maybe he should have done them in Parc Fermé?

I agree that the doughnuts have probably done more for f1 and in particular F1 india not to mention Vettals, much needed,popularity
BUT we cant keep complaining that the stewards are inconsistant with penalties then expect them to turn a blind eye to a blatant breach of the rules (which were brought in due to this behaviour getting out of hand at every event)
The penalty served (a repremand and a token fine) was very very leniant, If they were completly jobs worths not retuning to parc firma or not reporting to weigh in immediatly would have earned vettal a disqualification
I think they got round it quite well and maintained there credability, its only the media that hasnt a clue thats stirring the pot once again

Last edited:
Just realised something - Alonso can use his special points record helmet for the next race!!! :)

Just realised something - Alonso can use his special points record helmet for the next race!!! :)

He could but I do not think he will. :bonk:

And if he could still use it next season, :eek: :dummy:

Kimi out and Koveleinen (sp) in for rest of season.

And Checo is being replaced by Magnussen for 2015.
Is that not 2014 ?
The big question now is did Ferrari pay Hulkenbergs salary for the last two races so if he raced for Lotus he would be breaking his contract and did Ferrari pay Kimi for the last two races so he will spend it in hospital
I suppose if you cant beat them on the track honestly get out the cheque book, not like Ferrari is it ??? hoho
Then there is bernis idea of making the last race worth 100 points a win instead of the 25 and making some other races worth 5o points but these can be decided on the day
The chequered flag could be waved by the pantomine horse and wishy washy could be the guest steward or am I being too cynical here

Back