The 2019 Disposable Camera Challenge - Chat

Where are people buying their SUCs? I had a wander through Amazon today and prices seem daft for 27 exposures.

IIRC mine came from 7dayshop a few years ago. Been in the fridge since!

Where are people buying their SUCs? I had a wander through Amazon today and prices seem daft for 27 exposures.
I'm a cheapskate. 50p for no flash and a quid for the one with flash from a car boot and a charity shop respectively. Out of date of course but as I dev my own can push a little to recover speed and live with the fog and hope for grain and atmosphere.

You get 39 shots on the Kodak Fun Saver Toni and I paid about £8 from ebay 800ASA Film ,from the shots I have taken so far it seems quite good but with the 800 speed film It can be a little easy to over expose if used in bright sunlight.

Last edited:
Two weeks left for entries folks.

Post your entries here.
Can I possibly seek clarity on one point please Simon? If there's to be a vote at the end of all this, should we be posting them as single photos, or giving them titles in a multi-photopost? Thanks!

Can I possibly seek clarity on one point please Simon? If there's to be a vote at the end of all this, should we be posting them as single photos, or giving them titles in a multi-photopost? Thanks!

Good question.

My thinking was that each person posts up to three single photos with the voters choosing their favourite individual photos. In other words, not voting for a set.

Does that help?

So post one photo per... post!

Good question.

My thinking was that each person posts up to three single photos with the voters choosing their favourite individual photos. In other words, not voting for a set.

Does that help?
Certainly does.(y):)

Just posted up my entries. In the interest of showing a range of photos I've picked three different subjects but have quite a few others, do you think we should have a shots that didn't make the cut thread or should we just post them up here ?

Just posted up my entries. In the interest of showing a range of photos I've picked three different subjects but have quite a few others, do you think we should have a shots that didn't make the cut thread or should we just post them up here ?
From the above comments I got the impression we were supposed to make three separate posts???

I've started a new didn't make the cut thread.

I did say separate posts for each picture but they could just be numbered, I suppose. The key is clarity of identification.

@BADGER.BRAD Could you edit your entry to clearly number them please.

Cheers

I've numbered them 1,2,3 is that ok ?

I only managed to shoot the one film, and very few decent shots, so I've added the 3 best to the entries thread in separate posts.

Well a couple of glasses of red finally cut through the indecision and I've posted my 3

In the end life got in the way, and I've not shot anything (TBH haven't taken many pictures recently with anything) but thanks to those who advised on where to get a sensible deal.

I've had my 2 disposable cameras developed now and I think I can just about cobble together 3 acceptable pictures! ;):LOL:

I think I have one or two shots left to take. Still looking for the special one*. :)

*Not Jose...

There are pictures (of unknown quality) on both films. I extended C41 development by 45 seconds to allow for loss of speed/contrast because of age (the film, not mine). The Kodak looks fine, the film from the Maxim had no manufacturer on the cassette and none on film rebates, it also does not have the normal orange mask, that won't be a problem with scanning but will if I ever wet print from it (though B&W paper might be a possibility). Time to let them dry.

Im not going to make this, I still have half a camera full of film and I'm too busy to finish it. good luck folks, may the disposable gods smile on you.

Im not going to make this, I still have half a camera full of film and I'm too busy to finish it. good luck folks, may the disposable gods smile on you.
That's a shame Nick, I'm sure you have some good shots on that roll.

That's a shame Nick, I'm sure you have some good shots on that roll.
Like the one that got away Simon, it would have been the best shot ever :)

Back