The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Nice.

I guessed 85mm f1.8 :D

It's the Canon 85mm f1.8, it's not the best adapted lens performance wise but is okay in decent light (it really struggles in low light). If I ever decide what to do and stick with Sony I'll pick up the Sony 85mm f1.8, I'd like a 1.4 but the size I think I like better!

This was the sunset, I don't do landscape so this was from sitting on the bench and chilling :D

View from Haresfield Beacon
by JJ_Glos/url], on Flickr

You can just make out the Severn bridges in the distance to left.

Can you have enough bags? Probably not.

Think Tank Retrospective 30 review...

https://admiringlight.com/blog/review-think-tank-retrospective-30-v2-0/

It's got an A7 in it, one with a joystick.

I’ve had a lot of bags. But my favourite of the last few years, for one body and a lens, has been the retrospective 7. But with the smaller body I must admit there’s a little play, not much, but... I’ve been looking at the Billingham Hadley small last couple of days. Might go on the xmas list.

I’ve had Billingham before and my only gripe is the fastenings. They’re more secure than the Velcro (it’s tough as boots though and you can use the silencers which is cool) think tank, but a bit faffy for absolute speed.

But, let’s be honest, the Billingham’s still look the part [emoji3]

Last edited:
I have a Billingham Hadley digital, it's my second and I've never used either.

My most used bag is a cheap man bag from Thailand but I think I'd like a posh one, something like a Riker and an everyday one too for rainy muddy days, one big enough for a camera and maybe a lens but also snacks and water bottles.

Last edited:
I like my Wotancraft Scout, it's borderline for the A9 with lenses\hood mounted but is well used with my Fuji gear. I've been using a slimmer hood on the Sigma 50mm f1.4 so it's a nicer fit, but that didn't go so well with the sun glare today!

Jennie
by JJ_Glos, on Flickr

Big flare on the bottom right :D

Jennie
by JJ_Glos, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Julian,

it is nice to see some of the pics from the Prescott hill climb - great photos along with these - nice to see my company being advertised on cars as well ;-)

So who uses lock-on AF? Only playing indoors yesterday but found that the locked point can jump around at times. Thought flexible spot would be more localised but still the same? Any suggestions? In theory the whole tracking in this way could completely change the way I shoot, doing away with BBF for a start.

I’ve had a lot of bags. But my favourite of the last few years, for one body and a lens, has been the retrospective 7. But with the smaller body I must admit there’s a little play, not much, but... I’ve been looking at the Billingham Hadley small last couple of days. Might go on the xmas list.

I’ve had Billingham before and my only gripe is the fastenings. They’re more secure than the Velcro (it’s tough as boots though and you can use the silencers which is cool) think tank, but a bit faffy for absolute speed.

But, let’s be honest, the Billingham’s still look the part [emoji3]

Cheap lookey like are available here. https://uk.gearbest.com/camera-bags/pp_703116.html?wid=1433363

Are they any good for that £s?

I don't know I came across them on another website and those that had them seemed happy enough. Can't really complain at that money. I have ordered one for my daughter. It is isn't going to be Billingham quality at that sort of money but then again does it need to be?

Caden the same manufacturer do another larger bag in a similar style as well but they can only be got from ali express etc.

Last edited:
I don't know I came across them on another website and those that had them seemed happy enough. Can't really complain at that money. I have ordered one for my daughter. It is isn't going to be Billingham quality at that sort of money but then again does it need to be?

Caden the same manufacturer do another larger bag in a similar style as well but they can only be got from ali express etc.

I fancy the sage and chocolate so I’ll stick with the Billingham. The 55 is so small, I’ve had to slap another divider into my retro 7 for the time being.

So who uses lock-on AF? Only playing indoors yesterday but found that the locked point can jump around at times. Thought flexible spot would be more localised but still the same? Any suggestions? In theory the whole tracking in this way could completely change the way I shoot, doing away with BBF for a start.

Was doing a lot of tracking this weekend and think might have to consider lock on AF or just at least up the amount of time the camera stays on subject. Number of times the camera was very quick to change its focus from what i was tracking. But did show how quick in can AF!!

Why is that Alan? Leica is the most beautifully built camera and a legend for a reason. The only digital camera I would want is the Leica M10.

Because having a digital camera that can't format cards is enough to rule it out for me. Not being able to review shots is a big minus point too.

I done my time with RF's and I've moved on, is this new one even a RF? I don't know and I don't care.

Because having a digital camera that can't format cards is enough to rule it out for me. Not being able to review shots is a big minus point too.

I done my time with RF's and I've moved on, is this new one even a RF? I don't know and I don't care.

That new Leica, as a digital camera is utterly dumb. Really really dumb.

If someone wants the film experience they should shoot some film lol

That new Leica, as a digital camera is utterly dumb. Really really dumb.

If someone wants the film experience they should shoot some film lol

Which Leica are we on about? I mentioned the M10 but I presume it isn't that one?

Is it this:

https://www.wired.com/2016/04/leica-m-d/

If so I would absolutely love it!

The film experience with the convenience of digital :)

Last edited:
What will happen on Leica forums

Shortcomings will be studiously ignored or justified as being 'authentic'
Talk of unicorn tears and fairy dust being sprinkled on them will be mentioned in hushed tones
Some deeply, deeply average photography will be presented as masterpieces simply because they were shot on a Leica

Everyone else will realise it's rarely about the camera and almost always the person using it, look at the comedy pricing and carry on about their business

Everyone else will realise it's rarely about the camera and almost always the person using it,

Not everyone Guy - said many times before; to a large number of people photography isn't just about the end result but a great deal of pleasure comes from using the equipment and a Leica is beautiful to use.

I would absolutely love a Leica range finder film camera but this offers the convenience of digital as well at a similar price to a late series M

A £5 watch from a petrol station keeps better time than a mechanical Rolex but I know which I would prefer :)

I would love a simple digital back for my Nikon F3! No review or anything else required.

Last edited:
Back