The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Could also look at the Tamron 28-75 2.8 if you want a faster aperture but the Sony is very good.
I traded my Tamron for the Sony - the extra aperture doesn’t make much difference to me (and the Sony as OSS) plus the extra reach at both ends is good and I’m not sure I can see any difference in image quality. The Sony also feels a bit better made.

Last edited:
The 85 I am selling is nice :ROFLMAO:

I was buying for a none forum friend- I have the 85mm GM - he likes that, so I looked for a cheaper alternative to the f1.4 for him hence my interest in that thread

drop me some details and I will pass them on to him

Les :)

Then pass them onto me,

On a side note @Riz_Guru has probably made a few quid today so he may buy more camera gear!
Yes but not going to stop investing in Tesla yet..... I am thinking of a 5 - 10 year investment plan! Or I could lose it all at some point. :eek:

Last edited:
Samyang 18mm and Tamron 28-200 is doing me fine at the moment - much the the annoyance of my GAS !

Keep thinking replacing the 18mm Samyang with the Tamron 17-28 but the Samyang is just so small and light...

Last edited:
Anyone see the stuff about the new Canons?

Worse battery life than the A7II, yes really the old A7II.

Also once the battery level drops below 60% they start to cripple the fps :oops: :$

Seen someone say that to get through a wedding day you will need about 14 batteries for 2 bodies and they are £114 a pop.

58170424-04C4-4B5B-91C0-DFD20ECE9EED.jpeg

Anyone see the stuff about the new Canons?

Worse battery life than the A7II, yes really the old A7II.

Also once the battery level drops below 60% they start to cripple the fps :oops: :$

Seen someone say that to get through a wedding day you will need about 14 batteries for 2 bodies and they are £114 a pop.

View attachment 289684

Surprising as their are many reports of over 1000 shots and the A9 is rated 480 shots... but we both know thats not true ;)

Surprising as their are many reports of over 1000 shots and the A9 is rated 480 shots... but we both know thats not true ;)

So for the h+ frame rate (12fps) you have to have....
- not a hot day (or a cold one)
- over 60% battery
- no shutter under 1/1000
- no anti flicker
- RF lens and wide open.

So for the h+ frame rate (12fps) you have to have....
- not a hot day (or a cold one)
- over 60% battery
- no shutter under 1/1000
- no anti flicker
- RF lens and wide open.

I see people reporting 1200 shots etc at 12fps, another 900 shots at 54% rem but it would be interesting to know exactly what FPS it slows down to and why at 60%, thats loads of life.

Last edited:
Back