The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I really hope Sigma make a mirrorless 150-600. My Canon mount lens is one of my most used and I would love to get a native redesign with better focussing etc. (and if it was a little lighter/smaller I wouldn't be upset). The Sony 200-600 is a little out of my budget and I am not keen on white lenses and the internal zoom makes it pretty big for transporting.

Last edited:
I really hope Sigma make a mirrorless 150-600. My Canon mount lens is one of my most used and I would love to get a native redesign with better focussing etc. (and if it was a little lighter/smaller I wouldn't be upset). The Sony 200-600 is a little out of my budget and I am not keen on white lenses and the internal zoom makes it pretty big for transporting.
Its easy to cover the lens.
I've had a sigma 150-600 and the 200-600mm is a better lens all round.
I know it's not cheap, but it's worth every penny.

Oh I agree it's a good lens, not saying I'll never own one, but my concerns so far have put me off.

It's only 5cm longer than a 150-600 at 150mm
Yeah, looking at this it's only fractionally bigger than the Tamron/Sigma 150-600mm's with adapter, and a similar weight. I'm glad I just looked at this, confirmed to me I made the right choice going for the R4 so that I can use the 100-400mm in crop mode (y)

Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 08.56.26.png

Seems about right (but not cheap!), imports always been about £100 cheaper though.
Yeah, it's just I still can't get my head around paying £400 for a TC for some reason, they seem to be a lot more expensive than I remember.

Yeah, it's just I still can't get my head around paying £400 for a TC for some reason, they seem to be a lot more expensive than I remember.

Ive seen it for £370, at launch they were impossible to find but still £360 grey so there hasnt been any increase when considering all the price rises there have been since launch.

There's a damaged A7RIII and some lenses (Samyang 24mm 2.8 and 35mm 2.8 and Sony 85mm 1.8) in the for sale section. The damage to the back screen may be just the protective screen. I don't know if it's a good price considering the damage but it's there to be seen.

Last edited:
There's a damaged A7RIII and some lenses (Samyang 24mm 2.8 and 35mm 2.8 and Sony 85mm 1.8) in the for sale section. The damage to the back screen may be just the protective screen. I don't know if it's a good price considering the damage but it's there to be seen.

I have just commented on that very thread- I'm after his 85mm - the camera looks to have been dropped, not sure if there's internal damage, although it looks a mess

Les :)

I have just commented on that very thread- I'm after his 85mm - the camera looks to have been dropped, not sure if there's internal damage, although it looks a mess

Good luck with the lens.

If it's just the factory fitted back screen protector that's damaged it might not be so bad, I replaced mine and it was relatively easy. I don't know if it's a good price or not though.

Good luck with the lens.

If it's just the factory fitted back screen protector that's damaged it might not be so bad, I replaced mine and it was relatively easy. I don't know if it's a good price or not though.

Thanks Alan, I wanted his 85mm for my buddy ( not on this forum) I already have the Sony 85mm f1,4 GM - I thought the standard 85mm f1.8 would do for him as a cheaper alternative
He cannot justify the cost of the 85mm f1.4GM- I do shoot the occasional wedding so I feel the price -against quality is ok

As for matey's camera look at the impact damage - I personally wouldn't go for it- but someone may

Les

I wouldn't either as with resent reports of broken sensor mounts that sort of damage could be a worry.

The 85 I am selling is nice :ROFLMAO:

Not fussed on price or money but maybe for bigger crops ?

Bigger crops youll be looking at the A7rii (avoid imo as you have a mk3 and it will seem slow), A7riii (same as your mk3 but more 42mp), A7riv (huge 61mp at equally huge cost, improved ergos over riii but pretty much the same otherwise) as previously mentioned.

Last edited:
What about this

Go grey import and save yourself £1200 and get 3 years warranty.

Go grey import and save yourself £1200 and get 3 years warranty.

Thank you, but I never go grey, but is it better than the A7III ?

Back