The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

All 3 of the people shots look OOF, shutter speeds look good, so does the light. Wonder what AF mode was used.

Squirrel and leaf are fine, possibly UE, new camera.
The squirrel doesn't have focus nailed on the eyes either seem to have focused on the branch. Looks front focused to me or as you say UE.

Still learning and getting it all set up, so for a while it will be trial and error, but thank you.

*cough* got a lovely 35mm f/2.4 flektogon with Sony adapter I'm thinking of selling soon

*cough* I'm thinking of my Samyang 24/1.4 & possibly the Voigtlander 21/3.5 IF I go for the 24GM ;)

I'm still undecided though........

24mm GM does seem an all around amazing lens.

24mm GM does seem an all around amazing lens.

Indeed.

As you know, I do like to justify my purchases though. The Samyang 24mm I bought purely for astro photography. The Voigtlander 21mm is my 230gram (I think) wide landscape lens which I don't tend to use that often really...... I tend to stitch 40/1.2 pano's! Which is the thought that doubts me spending around £1k on the GM....... The 21mm is more than sharp enough & renders lovely so I'd only really be benefiting the f/3.5 vs f/1.4 - plus sharper Milky Way images.....

I didn't worry about the £700 or whatever for the 40/1.2 because I KNEW I'd use that all the time.

Indeed.

As you know, I do like to justify my purchases though. The Samyang 24mm I bought purely for astro photography. The Voigtlander 21mm is my 230gram (I think) wide landscape lens which I don't tend to use that often really...... I tend to stitch 40/1.2 pano's! Which is the thought that doubts me spending around £1k on the GM....... The 21mm is more than sharp enough & renders lovely so I'd only really be benefiting the f/3.5 vs f/1.4 - plus sharper Milky Way images.....

I didn't worry about the £700 or whatever for the 40/1.2 because I KNEW I'd use that all the time.
5% off on eBay too. Sorry, I’m not helping :p

That is a lovely lens - I'm sure you'll be happy with it - I have just bought he Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM lens which is a fabulous bit of kit :)

I have to stop buying now for a while as maxed out totally but look forward to using the lot.

Just delivered now, Thank you Wex and what a lovely looking lens.
I got this (as kit?) with A7iii and most of the time it does all you need and top notch image quality.
With APS-C mode you get to about 150mm so very versatile.

Looks we will be packing the cameras away again for a while. Looking very likely we will be going into full lockdown again. Being discussed by our government tomorrow with announcement tomorrow evening.

Looks we will be packing the cameras away again for a while. Looking very likely we will be going into full lockdown again. Being discussed by our government tomorrow with announcement tomorrow evening.

In Nth Ireland Tommy- or the UK mate???

Life seems to be almost returning to normal here. The restrictions and one way systems are disappearing from some if not all shops but the majority of people are wearing face masks and at least to a degree social distancing. Without wanting to resort too much to sweeping stereotypes those not wearing masks and not social distancing often seem to be the sort of people you'd guess wouldn't bother from the look of them.

I looked up the stats for my area and was pleasantly surprised. Here's hoping things get better not worse.

Back