The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Well a quick shot, funny as right off I thought the auto-focus was broken then kicked my self and got it. A7RIV + Voigtlander 50mm f2 god this lens is so beautiful to use. I will get better as learning it all again will be great fun.

SUSIE 2 by Dave, on Flickr

SUSIE by Dave, on Flickr

It's the best lens I've ever used. It's not just that it offers near technical perfection in a compact package but that it does it whilst giving a beautiful look. The rendering and the colour are imo just lovely. It's technically very good but it is not IMO a cold antiseptic characterless lens at all.

It's the best lens I've ever used. It's not just that it offers near technical perfection in a compact package but that it does it whilst giving a beautiful look. The rendering and the colour are imo just lovely. It's technically very good but it is not IMO a cold antiseptic characterless lens at all.

It is truly a beautiful lens, it's now on the A73.

The Fisheye converter has just been delivered too.

No AF though so it's not really for pixel peeping pictures of moving stuff, unless you prefocus.

Tier 4 for us tomorrow. Have no idea what that means really.

I put my self in Tier 6 trust no one and bleach everything that comes into the house :)

Rob

Last edited:
I can talk from experience, it means people will congregate shoulder to shoulder drinking take away coffee in groups of around 15 instead of sitting inside on distanced tables :mad:

My place I had planned for tomorrow morning means parking just inside the North Somerset Tier 3 border!
It's not going to stop me going for walks.
I don't care less what Tier were in I'm just being sensible keeping to ourselves as we have done some march.
A lone walk in the hills is a-okay if you ask me.

Last edited:
It's not going to stop me going for walks.
I don't care less what Tier were in I'm just being sensible keeping to ourselves as we have done some march.
A lone walk in the hills is a-okay if you ask me.

Best place to be. I always try to head OUT of Bristol anyway regardless :ROFLMAO:

Some photos of my nephew's lab Henry and my niece's cat Momo. :)

Henry-matte-1.jpg

Henry-4.jpg
:)

Henry-matte-2.jpg

Momo-matte.jpg

I can talk from experience, it means people will congregate shoulder to shoulder drinking take away coffee in groups of around 15 instead of sitting inside on distanced tables :mad:
I've only been into local town once since we went into tier 4 before Christmas but I have noticed some are not really not following social distancing and are meeting other households in groups greater than one-to-one. We went into our local town on Sunday for the first time since tier 4 started to support our local outdoor cafe as they were flooded at the weekend. They have been so well organised with the COVID restrictions that I'm happy to support a great local buisness. Luckily they took on the nearby take away coffee kiosk in the park opposite only last year so they have been able to keep trading take out coffee from there now they are closed due to flood damage. Really feel for them having to deal with COVID all year and now flooding.

To be honest if you haven't been going to the local pubs, restaurants and avoiding non essential shops as much as possible then not much changes. The rules are pretty woolly compared to the lockdown in April. Its probably similar to the November lockdown. I've not been out anywhere for photography as it doesn't really feel worth it. The places I'd think of visiting are probably a bit far to travel and probably not classed as 'local'.

Just a bit of fun on the way back from the shops. That's me on the left carrying the shopping (double cream and waffles) and wearing a bobble hat. Mrs WW is on the right. I didn't look at her before taking this so I missed what she did but after I'd taken this she said "Why did I smile?" :D

A7 and Sony 35mm f1.8.

fkfs1GR.jpg

I love the 'My Menu' page on my a6600 where you can add and sort items for quick access. I've added a few items which saves rummaging through all the other screens trying to find something specific. I've added auto review, currently off because it gets in the way when I need to do spontaneous shooting of different things, bracket settings for if I want the self timer on or off, interval shooting function, AF w/shutter, silent shooting on or off, function of touch operation (focus or tracking) and I've just added a new one, touch operation set to off (for now). Because I want the flexible spot point to stay centred and when opening or closing the live view screen the focal point gets moved by my finger which can get me a missed shot.

Last edited:
I love the 'My Menu' page on my a6600 where you can add and sort items for quick access. I've added a few items which saves rummaging through all the other screens trying to find something specific. I've added auto review, currently off because it gets in the way when I need to do spontaneous shooting of different things, bracket settings for if I want the self timer on or off, interval shooting function, AF w/shutter, silent shooting on or off, function of touch operation (focus or tracking) and I've just added a new one, touch operation set to off (for now). Because I want the flexible spot point to stay centred and when opening or closing the live view screen the focal point gets moved by my finger which can get me a missed shot.
Yeah I like it on my A7C, not got much on mine, as I fitted what I need on custom buttons then the FN menu then the my menu. Has format, grid lines, AF illuminator so far.

By the way Toni, if it happens to be a gravy train that comes down that line, am I allowed to say "Aah! Bicester". :LOL:
Some one has reported your post and suggested a months ban for that terrible joke,
I must admit I did think about it :p

It's mostly all I use. I only go into the menu to alter the clock, format the card or to turn auto magnification on and off as I prefer it to be off and to call it up manually when using my Voigtlanders. I don't even bother with buttons now for metering and the like and just use the menu.

It's mostly all I use. I only go into the menu to alter the clock, format the card or to turn auto magnification on and off as I prefer it to be off and to call it up manually when using my Voigtlanders. I don't even bother with buttons now for metering and the like and just use the menu.
I've not used my menu.
I've set up custom buttons and the fn button.
I wasn't able to put format into the fn menu though, but I'll look at putting into my menu instead.
Saves me hunting for it....

Back