The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

No, I just used the one port which didn't give this constant bleep when using my external drive. I'll give another port a go but if I can't solve it turning down the volume may be a good enough fix.

Thanks all.
Just turn the computer off that will work ;)

Rob.

tenba DNA messenger bags come in various colours. they are very decent and comfortable.
My favourite though was the tenba cooper 13 slim. its a really quality bag and feels great too comfort wise. It was not only camera bag but also my everyday office bag.
I swapped it for the PD messenger 13" since pandemic put an end to office commutes and PD messenger fits bit more than the tenba (without adding much to overall size).

but I really do miss my tenba now especially since I need to go back into the office :-/
stupidly sold it off :sorry::facepalm:

I went to Park Cameras in Oxford Street on Friday just to try out a Tenba DNA 15 bag that I ordered by click and collect to compare to my Wotancraft Pilot. I ended up buying it (£99) and now have two bags. :facepalm:

20210813-154142.jpg

It's beautiful, a really quality bag. I'll swap between each bag as they're both enjoyable to use and offer different things I like. The top zipper lets me access my gear without opening the flap which is far more useful than I expected. There are two magnetic locks and the velcro flap has a silent feature by pulling down and away. The strap is very thick and well cushioned and overall, this bag is more like my old one in terms of shape and comfort. Being longer than the Wotancraft but slightly less deep, the weight distribution is better. It's a tad heavier than the Wotancraft with metal hardware, but it feels as comfortable, and I'd argue even a bit more comfy. It's a little bigger than I need tbh with space for more gear than I have, but I love it. And more pockets than Ronnie O'Sullivan can shake a cue at. Just crazy, about 20 of them. Easy to forget where you put something.

Tenba DNA 15 (1)
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Tenba DNA 15 (2)
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

But of course most importantly, it goes with my shoes. :p

Tenba DNA 15 (3)
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

I went to Park Cameras in Oxford Street on Friday just to try out a Tenba DNA 15 bag that I ordered by click and collect to compare to my Wotancraft Pilot. I ended up buying it (£99) and now have two bags. :facepalm:

20210813-154142.jpg

It's beautiful, a really quality bag. I'll swap between each bag as they're both enjoyable to use and offer different things I like. The top zipper lets me access my gear without opening the flap which is far more useful than I expected. There are two magnetic locks and the velcro flap has a silent feature by pulling down and away. The strap is very thick and well cushioned and overall, this bag is more like my old one in terms of shape and comfort. Being longer than the Wotancraft but slightly less deep, the weight distribution is better. It's a tad heavier than the Wotancraft with metal hardware, but it feels as comfortable, and I'd argue even a bit more comfy. It's a little bigger than I need tbh with space for more gear than I have, but I love it. And more pockets than Ronnie O'Sullivan can shake a cue at. Just crazy, about 20 of them. Easy to forget where you put something.

Tenba DNA 15 (1) by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Tenba DNA 15 (2) by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Tenba DNA 15 (3) by Merlin 5, on Flickr
It might just be the angle, but in the photo (2) it looks like the top of the bag “gapes” and the flap does not cover it at the sides?

It might just be the angle, but in the photo (2) it looks like the top of the bag “gapes” and the flap does not cover it at the sides?

They included side flaps that keep gear protected. But they do need a little push down to make sure they're flattened and covering everything. I believe the material is water resistant but not waterproof and they included a rain bag that covers it. My Wotancraft is waxed canvas and to my knowledge is fully waterproof. That bag also has similar side flaps. The Thinktank I had did have a complete zipper top to completely seal gear underneath the velcro flap so that was a nice feature which would have been good on these bags. But I'm confident no water will get inside these ones.

20210815-135355.jpg

Last edited:

20210813-154142.jpg

Tenba DNA 15 (1) by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Tenba DNA 15 (2) by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Tenba DNA 15 (3) by Merlin 5, on Flickr

And I thought the other examples of footwear shown in this thread were bad. This takes it to a whole new level.

Oooh, nice shiny A1!!! :D

This is all I've taken today...

SumtzYb.jpg

It's cold and wet with dead light and no sky here but I wanted to play with my Canon 50mm f1.8 SC and close up filter and the garden was as far as I could go :D

3mKXGnV.jpg

Last edited:
And I thought the other examples of footwear shown in this thread were bad. This takes it to a whole new level.

From Matalan. You should have gone to specsavers. I think they look great. :D Really comfortable for lots of walking with the camera. I have a pair in black too with the same white sole. :)

Last edited:
First couple of shots on my new Sony A1

untitled-195.jpg by Jon Richy, on Flickr

untitled-220.jpg by Jon Richy, on Flickr

untitled-233.jpg by Jon Richy, on Flickr
Hope you enjoy the camera. I can’t see a photo in the first one, just a huge watermark ;) :p
Yea it's brilliant!makes my a9 feel like a fisher price camera.

Really surprised about the grip!
The grips on the A7R4, A9-II and A1 are a marked improvement over earlier models (y)

From Matalan. You should have gone to specsavers. I think they look great. :D Really comfortable for lots of walking with the camera. I have a pair in black too with the same white sole. :)
Sell the camera use the money to get some decent trainers.

I've been wearing the same pair of Saloman walking shoes for about 15 years.

Panasonic G1 with 20mm f1.7.

DZ4FqbN.jpg

They've been all over the world :D That picture was taken in a very nice ladies apartment in Belguim, this one stood in the Ili river, Kazakhstan.

Canon 5D with Sigma 50mm f1.4.

TYVb88W.jpg

That's my tent.

I don't know how many miles they've done.

Last edited:
Here is a small selection of sneakers.

I use to be a sneaker head

Attachments

• 16291113607722709444096032396084.jpg
    16291113607722709444096032396084.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 22
I've been wearing the same pair of Saloman walking shoes for about 15 years.

Panasonic G1 with 20mm f1.7.

DZ4FqbN.jpg

They've been all over the world :D That picture was taken in a very nice ladies apartment in Belguim, this one stood in the Ili river, Kazakhstan.

Canon 5D with Sigma 50mm f1.4.

TYVb88W.jpg

That's my tent.

I don't know how many miles they've done.

I am looking at this brand now. Shoes generally don't even last me like 2 years let alone 15 years!
the shoes sole just wears out as walk a fair amount. Hasn't been as much of an issue over the pandemic time but now that we are getting back slowly to normal I need a pair of walking shoes.

These have been incredibly hard wearing although the soles are pretty smooth now. I have a pair of Regatta boots but it's these Salomons that get the most use, they're my everyday shoes. I'm not sure what I'll get to replace them so I'll probably just go to the out door shop I bought them from and see what they recommend.

Last edited:
All this talk of trainers made me realise I haven’t bought any this month so got these earlier. :cool:

46FE2B71-C129-4EB4-A2C5-D1304FEE1653.jpeg

I just want them to grip well on ice and mud, so I'm not bothered about looks. Because of the need for a soft compound sole they tend to last a couple of years at most. And I need a wider fitting so finding a pair which suits (and I can afford) takes time.

I must say, I do have some nicer 'smart' trainers but I bought some Karrimor trail runners earlier this year mainly to wear to work and then the gym. Just wore them on holiday because I'm not too fussed about them on the beach and dusty pebbles and actually done a few coast path hikes in them. Quite impressed and very comfortable.

I have several pairs of Jordans and some Air Max 90's but I rarely wear them. My walking boots get the most use.

When I was doing the Munros, all the mags and reviewers recommended Scarpa boots so I that's what I wore.
I always had sore & tired feet after a hike.
Went for a new pair and the sales girl measured my feet and said that Scarpas definitely weren't the boots for me.
Salomon boots were the best ones for me.
I've been wearing them ever since and wear Salomon mids for everyday use.
Haven't had achey feet since!!

My usual walk to the shops.

A7 and Canon 28mm f2.8 FD.

A4jQVbA.jpg

I picked a big bowl of these so we'll have apple and bramble crumble tomorrow.

9Mh1wV2.jpg

The council cut everything back but it's come back with vengeance and it's difficult to go off the path now.

One last one.

dnnZKRJ.jpg

Or maybe one more :D

DlpfO8N.jpg

My hands and arms are itching like mad but it'll be gone tomorrow.

They're a bit late but DPR have a review of those small Sony G prime lenses...

What they say...

"Conclusion
Sony's trio of compact primes offer respectable optical performance, fast focus, and great handling and controls in a compact, lightweight form factor. The 24mm F2.8G is tack sharp wide open, has desirable bokeh, and controls chromatic aberrations very well. Sharpness suffers a bit at the extremes of the image, and focus breathing might be an issue for some videographers, but overall there's a lot to like about this compact wide-angle."

Good for
Landscapes, cityscapes, architecture, environmental portraits, low light photography, drone videographers
Not so good for
Travel photographers requiring a versatile focal length range, videography requiring extensive focus pulls that may suffer from focus breathing

The comment about focal length range is a bit baffling as I'd have hoped they'd have spotted that these are primes :D

Oh dear. My bleeping pc.

I changed the USB cable and that made no difference then I spotted that the camera battery isn't recharging so I tried another port and that's fine, no beeping and the battery is charging. It looks like this pc has a dodgy usb port. This will be the second duff lap top in a row, although the first was a different make.

It's taken hours to get this set up and everything back on it. Bugger.

Last edited:
Back