The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Morning Guys,

Can I ask those that have the 200-600mm 2 questions,

Firstly, what sort of Camo Lens Cover do you have? If you indeed use it? and secondly, is the 1.4x t/c worth it given the cost?

bought my camo cover from here - https://www.outdoorphotographygear.co.uk/neoprene-camera-cases
(scroll about 3/4th of the way down the page or just search for it on the webpage)

1.4X TC is worth using in some cares especially if you have good light. Work's pretty well overall.
The one I offered in sales a while back is still available (*I think*). It was a friend's and he wanted £360 for it.
I can ask him again and post an ad if you are seriously interested.

GLWTS :D

It's sunny with blue skies here but a bit cold. The car is clear but when I went to the bins which are in the shade both were frozen shut with thick ice still on top. Going out later! Yipee! :D

We have cloud. Three cloudy sunrises this weekend. But I don't mind. I got out three times, explored two new locations - one about 3 miles drive, think I have a few images & I can go back other times :)

Morning Guys,

Firstly, what sort of Camo Lens Cover do you have? If you indeed use it? and secondly, is the 1.4x t/c worth it given the cost?

I recently got the Lens Coat from WEX as I still had vouchers to use.
Hopefully it will help protect the lens over time.
Haven't considered the 1.4x yet.
I tried the APS-c mode on my a7R3 and the images were really good so I'm now in 2 minds whether to fork out for the t/c

I keep thinking the chest behind turns to butter with the Leica.

Its probably in the rounding errors... Leica is probably tad bit wider than f1.4 and sony tad bit smaller than f1.4.
You can easily tell from the right ear, which looks sharp-ish on the sony and clearly OoF on the Leica.

Leica also costs like 3 times more.... yes I Leica's result more but I wouldn't pay 3 times more for it ;)

I took some shots to compare Leica 35mm 1.4 FLE to the 35 GM - both on the A1

First shot Leica, then GM, then a quick edit with the GM with lowered contrast and slight green added to midtones.

I'm really looking for an excuse to sell off my Leica and buy a 400mm 2.8 :D

35 Lux FLE by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

35 GM by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

35GM edit by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

I think my favourite is the second shot without the adjusted colours and the slightly higher contrast. :LOL:

We have cloud. Three cloudy sunrises this weekend. But I don't mind. I got out three times, explored two new locations - one about 3 miles drive, think I have a few images & I can go back other times :)

We've had snow falling gently the last couple of hours, though it's far too mild for it to settle.

I took some shots to compare Leica 35mm 1.4 FLE to the 35 GM - both on the A1

First shot Leica, then GM, then a quick edit with the GM with lowered contrast and slight green added to midtones.

I'm really looking for an excuse to sell off my Leica and buy a 400mm 2.8 :D

35 Lux FLE by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

35 GM by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

35GM edit by Daniel Cook, on Flickr
The colours of the edited GM are better than the original, too much magenta on the original. I think you may have lowered the contrast a tad too much as it's now lower than the Leica. The Leica bokeh is a teeny bit smoother but I'm guessing this is only noticeably when comparing like this and on day to day shots you won't notice.
It's just gone.
Damn it, I was just about to take a look. How much was it on for?

Morning Guys,

My cover was bought from Outdoor Photography Gear - and yes, I use it all the time.
I had the 1.4 t/c - I sold it as I found I was using the 1.5x in-camera crop mode (no increase in f-stop). If I needed more pixels I used Topaz Gigapixel.

Looking forward to receiving new kit, just bought a7iii and samyang 35mm f2.8 in classified.

True the sigma 35mm f2 looks good but I figured out I just wanted a cheap lens for now, to slap on the body and start getting used to the new system.

Also if I like the a7iii and samyang 35mm, and if it's small enough it means I could sell off my MFT system.

Looking forward to receiving new kit, just bought a7iii and samyang 35mm f2.8 in classified.

True the sigma 35mm f2 looks good but I figured out I just wanted a cheap lens for now, to slap on the body and start getting used to the new system.

Also if I like the a7iii and samyang 35mm, and if it's small enough it means I could sell off my MFT system.

You won't get much lighter FF really.

Cracking camera the A7 III, hope you enjoy using it. My most used camera when I do take one out.

They're al lovely and I probably will regret it if any sell but they're to use not collect and the simple fact is that I'm not using them these days.

I'm resisting the 45/2 and 50/1.2 very very hard.

I went through a phase of wanting to try them and road test them and I have enjoyed the whole experience and there have been times when this has been my only real way to keep this hobby going but these days... I know I'll regret it but I just feel that having the kit sat in a drawer and not being used month after month is just silly.

I have considered selling everything (old lens wise) and MFT too. We'll see how I feel.

I don't suppose anyone here will be interested but I have some film era primes up for sale in the Film section.

I am in the same situation, I used them a lot on my A6000 and have a few lovely lenses but they just sit there un-used. I really should list them for sale tbh :rolleyes:

I went through a phase of wanting to try them and road test them and I have enjoyed the whole experience and there have been times when this has been my only real way to keep this hobby going but these days... I know I'll regret it but I just feel that having the kit sat in a drawer and not being used month after month is just silly.

I have considered selling everything (old lens wise) and MFT too. We'll see how I feel.

I even sold all my adapters thinking I won't go back to collecting them. Now your post is kinda making me regret that....

I am in the same situation, I used them a lot on my A6000 and have a few lovely lenses but they just sit there un-used. I really should list them for sale tbh :rolleyes:

It's the pressures of life that are stopping me. Years ago I used to be able to go out walking for half a day and I'd take 1, 2 or even 3 or more lenses but these days the chances of me getting out by myself are few and far between and if I'm with Mrs WW it's best to be quick so faffing on with a bag full of lenses isn't that appropriate. Plus when I do get the chance I seem to be picking the Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 over just about everything these days.

I have thought of just listing them and seeing if Ffordes are interested.

I even sold all my adapters thinking I won't go back to collecting them. Now your post is kinda making me regret that....

As I've said, my home life, being married and being a full time carer, is difficult and I don't have a lot of time for photography but one thing I can do when tied to the house is read about old lenses and hunt for them. That's what's kept the interest going.

I have three Novoflex adapters and four cheap ones. I see no real advantage in paying knocking on for £100 for an adapter these days.

It's the pressures of life that are stopping me. Years ago I used to be able to go out walking for half a day and I'd take 1, 2 or even 3 or more lenses but these days the chances of me getting out by myself are few and far between and if I'm with Mrs WW it's best to be quick so faffing on with a bag full of lenses isn't that appropriate. Plus when I do get the chance I seem to be picking the Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 over just about everything these days.

I have thought of just listing them and seeing if Ffordes are interested.

I've gotten a little lazy, and since getting into bird photography I tend to take my my 150-600 so that alone is plenty to carry about on my walks so I generally take just that and my Tamron 28-75 2.8 unless I am going somewhere for something specific

A shot from the last wedding I did in December.

As far as weddings go, probably the most challenging I've shot yet. Shortest day of the year with a late ceremony, only 15 people, many masks to try and avoid, but it was a really great experience and a different way of working for me. Good to get these challenges! The couple had a great day and were really happy with the images.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kRmiuV]HJ/169 by Thomas Green, on Flickr[/URL]

As far as weddings go, probably the most challenging I've shot yet. Shortest day of the year with a late ceremony, only 15 people, many masks to try and avoid, but it was a really great experience and a different way of working for me. Good to get these challenges! The couple had a great day and were really happy with the images.

We are really enjoying the smaller weddings possibly even prefer them.

I very much like the setting. But I'd may be straighten it a little.

Nice work!

Depends where you look I think, the tops of the windows and door are dead level so it was a bit of a balancing act. Conscious I didn't want them to be leaning either.

I meant more the perspective than tilt.

Back