The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I went through all this myself recently with the 70-200 f4 on Amazon, sadly it's from Amazon EU so the cash back would be rejected. They kept reducing the price in the evening and upping it again during the day for a few weeks, the full price one's are through Amazon UK, very misleading.
The 70-200 F4 at £890 are Amazon UK with next day delivery, Amazon EU are not next day delivery normally

The issue is the invoice will say Amazon EU Sarl not Amazon UK so when you submit it they will pick it up.
Normally my receipts say Amazon EU, UK Branch so not sure how that would work with cashback

Some London shots from Monday. Best viewed directly from Flickr as they look sharper. The last one was ISO 3200 but not too bad I guess after removing noise.

St Pauls by Merlin 5, on Flickr

St Pauls 2 by Merlin 5, on Flickr

St Pauls 3 by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Last edited:
TBH I can't remember ever seeing this thread so quiet.

One thing I've been doing is reprocessing pictures with the latest PS 2022 and I'm disappointed to say that it does seem easier to get a better result than with my creaking old CS5.

Whitby. A7 and Sony 35mm f1.8.

45OULwa.jpg

Yes. I have Lightroom Classic and Photoshop 2022 and the ease and accuracy is very much welcomed!

Anyone know. Is there an adapter so I can put a emount macro lens on a Olympus em10 mk2?

That is really strange as they were 100% on that list when I posted earlier. I even double checked.
Should have downloaded it.
They’re there on the T’s and C’s

Edit: beaten to it :LOL:

F3ECDCD9-66C1-47DE-9EE3-EE5718CBF953.png

What Amazon EU do is basically match the UK price after cashback, been doing it for years.

So the choice is £1095 and £200 cashback or £890 with no cashback.

If anyone manages to get both then happy days but my experience of Sony cashback is they are very strict.

Love the processing on these (y)
Thanks very much Mike. :) To be honest, I do quite little processing these days. I mostly press Auto in Lightroom, then I add a bit of clarity, usually +19, I take highlights and shadows out of any clipping, some very slight tone curve and slight adjustment to brighten the exposure, and Topaz DeNoise to the rescue on my low light high ISO shots.

Hi all,
what would be a good telezoom for my A6600 for sports and wildlife ! ?
Depends on budget and how much weight you’re prepared to carry. Top 2 on the list for me would be the 100-400mm (3rd party if you want more budget friendly) and 200-600mm.

Depends on budget and how much weight you’re prepared to carry. Top 2 on the list for me would be the 100-400mm (3rd party if you want more budget friendly) and 200-600mm.

yep, 100-400 would be good range.
I currently adapt my Canon EF 70-300L IS USM and EF 100-400L Mkii IS USM and though both are very sharp, i do notice AF is only apx 2 thirds from center. Plus the AF speed is slow and not snappy like they on my Canon 7Dii.
So therefore I would not mind getting a used 100-400

Does Twist still post on here? Or Rookies?
Twist moved over to Canon but I don't go on that thread so don't know if he's active. Andrew (Rookies) doesn't post anymore, he doesn't appear to be getting out much with his camera either, well he doesn't anything on flickr anyway :(

Edit: He says he does still use the camera just doesn't post online (y)

Last edited:
A quick search shows no posts from the former since Feb 2021 and the latter last posted 7th April this year.
thats what I discovered Alan and was being a bit coy about asking as was hoping nothing bad happened, its strange re twist as he was a profuse poster

After reaquiring the copy I previously sent to MPB around a year ago, I have to say I still absolutely love my Nikon 300mm f/4 IF ED - something about the images it produces is just magical. No regrets as I actually picked it back up from mpb for less than they paid me for it last year. Attached to my Sony albeit MF, it's still rewarding when you get focus right. A great lens to keep as a hobby lens. Thanks to @BKphotography for delivering the lens adapter today,

DSC07339 1 by Gilbo B, on Flickr

Last edited:
After requiring the copy I previously sent to MPB around a year ago, I have to say I still absolutely love my Nikon 300mm f/4 IF ED - something about the images it produces is just magical. No regrets as I actually picked it back up from mpb for less than they paid me for it last year. Attached to my Sony albeit MF, it's still rewarding when you get focus right. A great lens to keep as a hobby lens. Thanks to @BKphotography for delivering the lens adapter today,

DSC07339 1 by Gilbo B, on Flickr
Hahahaha a win for the consumer, well done, it's rare :ROFLMAO:

That's a great moon shot mav :D

I've tried lots of times but can't get anything half decent. What kit did you use?

That's a great moon shot mav :D

I've tried lots of times but can't get anything half decent. What kit did you use?

I use a Sigma 150-600 Contemporary on gimbal head mounted to a tripod. Turn off any IS or OS on the lens.
ISO 100 if possible, shutter apx 1/250 and around f8.
You do need the moon bright and fairly dark sky for good detailed shots of the moon.
Bear in mind the moon does move pretty quick in the sky !

Just started watching The Great British Photography Challenge hosted by Rankin that was on last year. Only watched one episode but seems promising. Didn’t realise Chris Packham was such a good photographer.

Has anyone used or got the PZ16-50mm apsc kit lens?

I was thinking of getting it for my boy, mainly to help out with his A Level photography he is doing and make things a bit easier.

He currently has the 12mm f/2, my old Samyang 35/2.8, an adapted macro & my old 28-70mm A7 kit lens which obviously isn't a great focal length range on his A6000.

I guess for about £65 it is what it is!

Last edited:
Has anyone used or got the PZ16-50mm apsc kit lens?

I was thinking of getting it for my boy, mainly to help out with his A Level photography he is doing and make things a bit easier.

He currently has the 12mm f/2, my old Samyang 35/1.8, an adapted macro & my old 28-70mm A7 kit lens which obviously isn't a great focal length range on his A6000.

I guess for about £65 it is what it is!
optically not great tbh especially in the corners. but yeah as you say for £65 is it what is it.
It is actually fair bit wider than 16mm (more like 14mm) if you turn off in camera corrections so you can get some wide angle shots with it too.

if it were up to me you could sell the 35mm/1.8 and 28-70mm and get him a sigma 18-50mm f2.8. A very nice compact zoom with great image quality that should last for a long time.
its better to have one good lens than three poor ones.

Back