The Animal & Nature Duffers.............

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
It would appear that my Duffer thread in the Bird forum is setting new standards and aspirational to many.

Rather than having peeps having to go to the Bird forum to post their Animal & Nature gems in that there I thought I would start a similar thread here.

Again, I hope, that this thread will show that whilst many of the shots posted on this forum are of a high standard the same people are equally capable to capture duffers.

Hopefully newcomers to animal and nature photography and to this forum will see that there is hope for them yet :D

As this is very much 'tongue in cheek' and in the spirit of Christmas so there is no need for anyone to get too embarrassed by posting here.

My humble offering:

Film0099.jpg

A docked Squibba, WOW!! ;)

My offering. I really pi**ed this one up!
img1816800x600.jpg

Highly amusing.

I like hairyduck photo...lol this thread could be amusing.

Excellent contributions peeps - aspiring standards for all - but there's more input in the Bird forum thread.

Tom

Just this moment discovered that duffers is spreading!!
I am sure I have a duffer reds somewhere!

Tis another contribution from me.........
>
>
>
>
>
>
As some of you may have picked up fro, my posts here that I like togging wild deer
>
>
>
>
>
>
Well here its a case of being totally unprepared as well.....
>
>
>
>
>
>
had been a boy scout as well so there was no excuse........
>
>
>
>
>
>
So there was I in Assynt and..........
>
>
>
>
>
>
not 15 metres in front of me..........
>
>
>
>
>
>
only had the Canon 500mm with me.......
>
>
>
>
>
>
had my back to a fence so there was no way back...........
>
>
>
>
>
>
and then this happened..................
>
>
>
>
>
>
_V2C6606.jpg

Voyeur deers

the lesson here is always to take a w/a lens with you :D

All that heavy breathing has fogged yer lens :LOL:

Doubt that Ken as the 500 is about 2 ft long........

:thinking: could have been Scottish mist though.

Tom

Well spotted Sir its a sharp knot - not in the spirit of this thread.:LOL:

Tom
Or even *in* this thread? Ho hum.

OK, been sent here to post this one...

raffe.jpg

Also, don't you just hate it when someone finds something else more interesting...

wassat.jpg

All good fun eh? Lions. Now then, what can go wrong there I ask you? You can't get too close 'cos of the fences (in the UK at least) so focus and exposure is not going to be a problem. No, it's the bloody animals themselves this time. I give you a "Before" shot:

before.jpg

And then, the "After" shot:

after.jpg

As a newbie, not sure if the "During" shot should be posted... so you have to click on it

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr136/Ambermile/during.jpg

Arthur

Or even *in* this thread? Ho hum.

OK, been sent here to post this one...

Also, don't you just hate it when someone finds something else more interesting...

All good fun eh? Lions. Now then, what can go wrong there I ask you? You can't get too close 'cos of the fences (in the UK at least) so focus and exposure is not going to be a problem. No, it's the bloody animals themselves this time. I give you a "Before" shot:

As a newbie, not sure if the "During" shot should be posted... so you have to click on it

Arthur​

Worthy contributions Arthur :clap::clap::clap:

Your discretion is much appreciated :D

Tom​

As a newbie, not sure if the "During" shot should be posted...
during.jpg

after.jpg

Arthur

I love the expression on the Lions face in the after shot :LOL:

And the middle shot shouldn't go un-missed I'll take the flak :D

( as per my user title as per usual :D)

Yup - it's the after shot that makes the sequence I think - that and the parents trying real hard to keep the kids interested in the path...

Nothing like living dangerously Chris - but then it has gone past the 9 pm watershed.

Have you not offerings yourself - they don't have to be only silhouettes :LOL:

Nothing like living dangerously Chris - but then it has gone past the 9 pm watershed.

Have you not offerings yourself - they don't have to be only silhouettes :LOL:

No Duffer Tom, none at all. I don't do "duffers"
Not even sillyorwets:p

Oh OK give me ten minutes I'll be right back :D

No Duffer Tom, none at all. I don't do "duffers"
Not even sillyorwets:p

Oh OK give me ten minutes I'll be right back :D

You mean you' got so many to choose from ........

I have noticed that many of mine are ruined by tongues... you know, you wait for the moment - the snow leopard opens wide and shows off those huge teeth that can rip you apart in a matter of seconds! The moment arrives, you squeeze the shutter nervously...

snow.jpg

Out in the cold frost with the vicious-looking Northern Inuit, she's bred to look mean, she shows her teeth just as you get the focus spot on! Finally! Forgetting all about damned snow leopards, you slowly squeeze the shutter...

shila.jpg

Enough already, the big nasty Northern Inuit sits proudly protecting the back door when suddenly, the cat sneaks across the floor. With nothing short of bare-faced cheek, he sits down right where big nasty dog sits... fumbling madly for the Ixus you mange to get it turned on just in time to see the dog start to take a bite... you press the shutter...

something.jpg

What was that about working with animals...

Arthur

Last edited:
You mean you' got so many to choose from ........

Yep that and the fact that photophucketBucket wouldn't let me up-load
anything :(
Anyhow for your veiwing delights here are a couple of master-peices
of man machine and fish in perfect harmony (y)

Here we have the head

L_F.jpg

Here we have the tail

L_F2.jpg

Then the little bugger came straight at me

L_F1.jpg

( I did get the shot in the end though (y))

I have noticed that many of mine are ruined by tongues... you know, you wait for the moment - the snow leopard opens wide and shows off those huge teeth that can rip you apart in a matter of seconds! The moment arrives, you squeeze the shutter nervously...

Out in the cold frost with the vicious-looking Northern Inuit, she's bred to look mean, she shows her teeth just as you get the focus spot on! Finally! Forgetting all about damned snow leopards, you slowly squeeze the shutter...

Enough already, the big nasty Northern Inuit sits proudly protecting the back door when suddenly, the cat sneaks across the floor. With nothing short of bare-faced cheek, he sits down right where big nasty dog sits... fumbling madly for the Ixus you mange to get it turned on just in time to see the dog start to take a bite... you press the shutter...

What was that about working with animals...

Arthur

Interesting technique.............

Tom

Yep that and the fact that photophucketBucket wouldn't let me up-load
anything :(
Anyhow for your veiwing delights here are a couple of master-peices
of man machine and fish in perfect harmony (y)

Here we have the head

L_F.jpg

Here we have the tail

L_F2.jpg

Then the little bugger came straight at me

L_F1.jpg

( I did get the shot in the end though (y))

I see your presenting your contribution as a tryptych - very original Chris :D

Tom

Well, you asked for tongue in cheek, out was the best I could do :D

Quite right and I appreciate you sharing this technique with us all as this is one I have yet to try :LOL:

Tom

I see your presenting your contribution as a tryptych - very original Chris :D

Tom

No, Tom, in the absence of a silhouette, I though I would just stick three related ones up. (y)

:p

No, Tom, in the absence of a silhouette, I though I would just stick three related ones up. (y)

:p

Now underwater silhouette's............ that is a different idea.

Tom

Not trying Charlie - lot of sharp bits here and you can easily make out its a Rabbit :D

But it is still a duffer as far as that branch in front of the Rabbit goes:shrug:
I thought that we were trying to show all the pitfalls of the wonderful world of nature photography:thinking:

But it is still a duffer as far as that branch in front of the Rabbit goes:shrug:
I thought that we were trying to show all the pitfalls of the wonderful world of nature photography:thinking:

Ohh go on then .........just as well its Christmas Charlie otherwise I would say your trying to squeeze that in under a technicality :p

Tom

Ohh go on then .........just as well its Christmas Charlie otherwise I would say your trying to squeeze that in under a technicality :p

Tom

Christmas! Wha invented that:cautious:
Never been guilty of squeezing other than zits & lovely young ladies:p

I reckon if the rabbit had leaned the other way it'd be a perfect shot... he's already pushing that lower branch out of your way!

Arthur

Back