The Animal & Nature Duffers.............

I wish I could pretend that this was a result of over-zealous cropping in PP! Straight out of camera unfortunately :bonk:

7447.jpg

I wish I could pretend that this was a result of over-zealous cropping in PP! Straight out of camera unfortunately :bonk:

7447.jpg

Good advert for that jumper though........

This is one that a friend took and we never noticed until we had it up on computer.

IMG_0123.jpg

WOW!

that's what I call a jumper! :)

The dog or the knitwear? :nuts:

Good advert for that jumper though........

Well if nothing else it illustrates that the arm holes have got plenty of “give” :LOL:

I’ve loved giggling at the pics in this thread – please keep them coming! And if Ian DJ is looking could you please, please post your shot of the NSFW tomatoes? :)

.......and where's your Christmas spirit Chris .....:beer:

Not been ghostbusting paranormal investigating for awhile Tom
not too many spirits around at the moment :D

I havnae sent the malt down to him yet;)
Wasn't it Diana Ross that sung "I'm still waiting" ?
I know how she feels :D

This is one that a friend took and we never noticed until we had it up on computer.
:LOL: even funnier is the fact that the lab is eyeing it up.
Jealousy (if its a male?) Expectation (if its a bitch ?)

Not been ghostbusting paranormal investigating for awhile Tom
not too many spirits around at the moment :D

:thinking: Now why do I suspect the spirit you mean is actually VERY liquid Chris - at least that would explain some of the duff shots :p

:thinking: Now why do I suspect the spirit you mean is actually VERY liquid Chris - at least that would explain some of the duff shots :p

Shows you what you know then Tom :p
I am actually part of a scientific paranormal investigation team, in my spare time so :razz: :D
But a nice Pernod and coke, ice and a slice is also good (y)

Well if nothing else it illustrates that the arm holes have got plenty of “give” :LOL:

I’ve loved giggling at the pics in this thread – please keep them coming! And if Ian DJ is looking could you please, please post your shot of the NSFW tomatoes? :)

Please.... this was started as a serious thread for newcomers to this forum to illustrate that it is not always possible to get the perfect shot each and every time and to encourage them to post their shots to get valuable critique and insight from the experienced forum members. :exit: :D

Shows you what you know then Tom :p
I am actually part of a scientific paranormal investigation team, in my spare time

....and what was the name of the pub you do your investigating in? :p

ps how do you get the cross out in your text?

....and what was the name of the pub you do your investigating in? :p

ps how do you get the cross out in your text?

Not tellin' you now :razz: :D

Remove the stars *
[s*] Your text here [/s*]

Not tellin' you now :razz: :D

Remove the stars *
[s*] Your text here [/s*]

Aww go on tell us. Pleeze.
I have visited a site on the west coast where a lady in victorian dress comes & sits beside you. She hasnae sat beside me yet:shrug:

"We" have only investigated one pub and that seems the "activity" was down to EMF
(electro magnetic fields) and the air con system.

An old court house c/w cells was interesting
Even when the data was analysed there was still "some reasonable doubt" ;)

that's great, I didn't know how to do it either cheers (y)

Dogs and there lipstick eh, beggers :LOL:

"We" have only investigated one pub and that seems the "activity" was down to EMF
(electro magnetic fields) and the air con system.

An old court house c/w cells was interesting
Even when the data was analysed there was still "some reasonable doubt" ;)

So no grey ladies yet then:shrug:

'fraid not Charlie

Just data, data, a little more data, then some more data :cool:

Ach well I will return to my west coast burial ground & look out to sea, while hoping the lady decides to come sit by me. I have a friend who swears she sat beside him.

Ach well I will return to my west coast burial ground & look out to sea, while hoping the lady decides to come sit by me. I have a friend who swears she sat beside him.

Just remember to take some duff shots of that event then........

Come on guys, you're barely even trying here. I'm producing work of a far higher standard without effort. How about this little beauty

duffer.jpg

Note the bedraggled subject, the poor shot composition and the untidy tree that go to making the shot come together seemlessly. I confess that the overexposure by several stops was a happy accident and it has lent this image real impact, the horse and background merging neatly into one. I have ballsed up a bit I confess, somehow this hand held 1/8th of a second with non-IS has come out just about in focus, I will endeavour not to make the same mistake again.

You do have to wonder why I pressed the shutter, you really do.

Edit##
For those interested in the method here, it's essential to be shooting in Av mode and predominantly white subjects (snow scenes), with a +2 stop over exposure dialed in. You then expose for the black parts of the horse while forgetting about the over exposure you dialed in earlier, and it is VITAL that you don't chimp.

Last edited:
Come on guys, you're barely even trying here. I'm producing work of a far higher standard without effort. How about this little beauty

duffer.jpg

Note the bedraggled subject, the poor shot composition and the untidy tree that go to making the shot come together seemlessly. I confess that the overexposure by several stops was a happy accident and it has lent this image real impact, the horse and background merging neatly into one. I have ballsed up a bit I confess, somehow this hand held 1/8th of a second with non-IS has come out just about in focus, I will endeavour not to make the same mistake again.

You do have to wonder why I pressed the shutter, you really do.

Edit##
For those interested in the method here, it's essential to be shooting in Av mode and predominantly white subjects (snow scenes), with a +2 stop over exposure dialed in. You then expose for the black parts of the horse while forgetting about the over exposure you dialed in earlier, and it is VITAL that you don't chimp.

Good effort here - nearly a complete guide into what not to do - just that the mane is sort of sharp which prevents it being the definitive guide. :D

Good effort here - nearly a complete guide into what not to do - just that the mane is sort of sharp which prevents it being the definitive guide. :D

Yoo is too much of a perfeshinist:LOL::LOL:

Yoo is too much of a perfeshinist:LOL::LOL:

:nono: Only want quality Duff shots Charlie - none of that sharp, in focus, to die for type shots please. :LOL:

Only spotted this thread tonight and it's given me a good chuckle. Gives me something to work towards :D

Only spotted this thread tonight and it's given me a good chuckle. Gives me something to work towards :D

Only a standard to aspire to here :D

Nice day, bit of snow, took big dog out to try for some piccies. Let's start off with the posed shots first I think. OK:

First, she shuts her eyes...

IMG_0023-shut-eye-800.jpg

Then loses a leg - at which point I give up on the bales and move on...

IMG_0024-one-leg-800.jpg

... to a little hump - in Norfolk terms "a mountain" for her to stand on. Click...

IMG_0025-wee-800.jpg

We came home :(

Arthur

Stoats ass.

Stoat502.jpg

Back